News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Banned from the site but now I am back.

Started by Kern Dog, May 29, 2020, 05:34:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ponch ®

Not to my knowledge.

Just been enjoying the finer things in [real] life.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Kern Dog

I get that.
I've stepped back from the social topics and spent more time on the cars and tech stuff. I do want to try to stay that way. If we can focus more on the cars, we would surely get along better, all of us.
I'm not blaming anyone specific. I'm as much at fault as anyone.

XH29N0G

Quote from: Kern Dog on June 15, 2020, 11:59:27 PM
I get that.
I've stepped back from the social topics and spent more time on the cars and tech stuff. I do want to try to stay that way. If we can focus more on the cars, we would surely get along better, all of us.
I'm not blaming anyone specific. I'm as much at fault as anyone.

:cheers:
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

alfaitalia

I just got banned over on FBBO....Butnick (or however its spelt) insulted me yet I get banned ....i reply to his stupid post (which was a personal dig at me in a technical section....all I said was that i don't tend to read overly long wordy posts (as many dont im sure)...that was literally it,...and he went off on one like it was a personal attack on him...and I get banned for a week for calling him a twat AFTER that . Because of that I don't even get a chance to defend myself. Fuck him. That's a proper insult....hope he sees this. If you are not in the right wing clique over there then you have no chance. If you are questioning that I really got banned for such a trivial offence that was just retaliation for a similar offence then check out the Nitrous thread in the Racers Hangout.
This is the official reason I got banned "Insulting fellow member personally who was trying to be helpful Your ban will be lifted on Jun 23, 2020".....he was not trying to help me at all....he was taking a dig.
The political section is a joke too....politics is all about discussion....no point in a discussion if others won't even listen a different opinion. In the Forum index it says "Have a thick skin and be respectful of others while discussing politics here".....No respect is shown at all. They quote unsubstantiated crap from right wing websites like is the gospel. Some one posted about a march in Poland...that was factually inaccurate from end to end right wing bollocks..I correct them...the regulars gang up as usual..my post is deleted...it's a fucking joke. I don't post on political any more as its just the same three clueless idiots lording over every one. They would not recognise real politics it it kicked them in the butt.
On other car forums I belong to we have political sections....we have everything from people as far to the right as the FBBO regulars to the most left wing snowdrops you could think of. No one gets shouted down, everyone gets a say...not saying it does not get heated....but its a lot more tolerant than FBBO and rarely gets to personal insults...those folks get excluded from political pretty quick. We actually have at least two US based FBBO and DC members over on the Alfa forum....they come to put their just to put views forward as they'd like to without being flamed by the regulars ...and... I quote one of them to "deal with grown ups"...LOL.RANT OVER!

EDIT...you cant see the posts....they have been deleted....what a surprise . The original post that (with my two Nitrous projects pictured is still there)....see if you can spot anything offensive in there!

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

XH29N0G

Another argument for keeping our discussions here politics free here.  

Forums are allowed to run the way they want. I prefer not to turn this thread into a discussion of the problems of some other forum or discuss people across forums.  Independent of politics, the person you mention used to post here and provided some useful information for me when I asked questions about my car.    :Twocents:

Or maybe it protects us. 

alfaitalia

Quote from: XH29N0G on June 17, 2020, 06:05:51 AM
Another argument for keeping our discussions here politics free here.  

Forums are allowed to run the way they want. I prefer not to turn this thread into a discussion of the problems of some other forum or discuss people across forums.  Independent of politics, the person you mention used to post here and provided some useful information for me when I asked questions about my car.    :Twocents:

Agreed.................

Kern Dog

Quote from: alfaitalia on June 17, 2020, 01:35:48 AM
I just got banned over on FBBO....Butnick (or however its spelt) insulted me yet I get banned ....i reply to his stupid post (which was a personal dig at me in a technical section....all I said was that i don't tend to read overly long wordy posts (as many dont im sure)...that was literally it,...and he went off on one like it was a personal attack on him...and I get banned for a week for calling him a twat AFTER that . Because of that I don't even get a chance to defend myself. Fuck him. That's a proper insult....hope he sees this. If you are not in the right wing clique over there then you have no chance. If you are questioning that I really got banned for such a trivial offence that was just retaliation for a similar offence then check out the Nitrous thread in the Racers Hangout.
This is the official reason I got banned "Insulting fellow member personally who was trying to be helpful Your ban will be lifted on Jun 23, 2020".....he was not trying to help me at all....he was taking a dig.
The political section is a joke too....politics is all about discussion....no point in a discussion if others won't even listen a different opinion. In the Forum index it says "Have a thick skin and be respectful of others while discussing politics here".....No respect is shown at all. They quote unsubstantiated crap from right wing websites like is the gospel. Some one posted about a march in Poland...that was factually inaccurate from end to end right wing bollocks..I correct them...the regulars gang up as usual..my post is deleted...it's a fucking joke. I don't post on political any more as its just the same three clueless idiots lording over every one. They would not recognise real politics it it kicked them in the butt.
On other car forums I belong to we have political sections....we have everything from people as far to the right as the FBBO regulars to the most left wing snowdrops you could think of. No one gets shouted down, everyone gets a say...not saying it does not get heated....but its a lot more tolerant than FBBO and rarely gets to personal insults...those folks get excluded from political pretty quick. We actually have at least two US based FBBO and DC members over on the Alfa forum....they come to put their just to put views forward as they'd like to without being flamed by the regulars ...and... I quote one of them to "deal with grown ups"...LOL.RANT OVER!

EDIT...you cant see the posts....they have been deleted....what a surprise . The original post that (with my two Nitrous projects pictured is still there)....see if you can spot anything offensive in there!

Come on, man...
You repeatedly, repeatedly.... state that you are staying out of the political topics but return every time. This ruins your credibility. You did this here, you did it there. People see that and it is remembered as an act that goes against anything that you write as being truthful. THis has nothing to do with any political bias.

alfaitalia

I have not posted in political over there for quite a while and don't intend to for the reasons stated. The only one recently was about a fighter plane and a fighter crash....which was not political at the time and I did not realise that it was even in the political section until a day later but I left it due to having no political content at the time!....until Officer Higgins suggested muslim could be responsible for the crash!!!
Don't forget I was not banned for a political post....I was banned for reacting to a childish post in "Racers Hangout"....although I notice his posts have been removed too....doubt hes been banned though!!

Kern Dog

I strongly suspect that the decision to ban members is based on not just the offense at hand but also the value that the member brings to the forum.  A person that posts a lot of helpful content will likely be given more warnings or chances before any action is taken. A recently joined member that instantly gets argumentative puts up a red flag right away.
I used to like you and what you posted here but your "playful" jabs at America and a duly elected President immediately pissed me and a few others off. You may play it off as having fun but many didn't like it.
I do things that annoy people and yeah, it sucks to have to tone myself down. I have done so here.

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: Kern Dog on June 17, 2020, 03:10:24 PM
I strongly suspect that the decision to ban members is based on not just the offense at hand but also the value that the member brings to the forum.  A person that posts a lot of helpful content will likely be given more warnings or chances before any action is taken.

I consider myself a helpfull guy in the board and I was banned for a week without previous warning call ( aside one of my threads deleted ),  soooo, not exactly like that

( I don't recall being offensive to anyone anywhere )
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Lennard

Funny how you talked shit about this (d.c.com) forum and it's members on fbbo when you joint For Big Bitches Only, and now you're banned over there and back here talking shit about fbbo. That shows what kind of person you are.

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

alfaitalia

Quote from: Lennard on June 17, 2020, 08:39:01 PM

Funny how you talked shit about this (d.c.com) forum and it's members on fbbo when you joint For Big Bitches Only, and now you're banned over there and back here talking shit about fbbo. That shows what kind of person you are.

....are you for real?....thats because I, and one or two others to be fair, where treated like shit here and then there....by one or two of the same people who are members on both (some are only member of one forum...unless they use two names)! You can only talk Politics over there as much as you like if your Politics agrees exactly with theirs....thats not politics or democratic or freedom of speech...all things you all go on about protecting with your oft quoted constitution that must be stuck to at all costs....(well apart from the 27 times you changed things between 1791 and 1992 and amended it!) but dont actually practise. And here you cant talk politics at all (which is fine)....but you can talk about it as much as you like on this forum as long as you are a long time member with views to the right....AND THAT SHOWS WHAT SORT OF PERSON I AM????? I think it more shows double standards by the mods/members of both forums....never have any issues in other forums that have political sections.

I guess now that someone will say this post is political......cant win..... :lol:

PS....personally as much as KD and I disagree politically...I don't think he did/said anything ban worthy....but if there is no politics there's no politics I guess. The $5000 car is one of my favourite threads so good to see you back!!!

XH29N0G

If I remember Troy's posts correctly, he also mentioned personal attacks. 

KD started this thread to say he was going to focus on cars and positives on this forum.  I respect him for that decision and what he has done.

I understand we have been wronged, done wrong, and think we can get in a final word but let's not make this into a mess.  :Twocents:

:cheers:

Or maybe it protects us. 

alfaitalia

Lennard

Quote from: alfaitalia on June 18, 2020, 01:46:20 AM
Quote from: Lennard on June 17, 2020, 08:39:01 PM

....are you for real?
I'm as real as it gets, honest, straight forward and definitely not two-faced.

John_Kunkel

Quote from: Kern Dog on June 17, 2020, 03:10:24 PM
A recently joined member that instantly gets argumentative puts up a red flag right away.

Once again you assert that only tenure gives a member the right to speak his (her) mind.  ::)
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Kern Dog

John,  

It is clear that you like stirring the pot even when nobody asked you for your opinion. I am unsure of what is most offensive. A truly stupid person that screws up and annoys people accidently or a reasonably competent person that intentionally inserts himself into situations just to piss people off.

The point that I made is that I suspect that a member gets more consideration for possible transgressions IF they contribute to the forum rather than just troll people.
You know....Like how you help people with transmission questions and also respond in threads just to be annoying. If you were only annoying, you'd probably be banned in short order.

Fred

Jeez! what is it with you that makes you want to beat people up or put targets on them. How big is that chip on your shoulder?
You really think people need to have their lights punched out just because you find them annoying?
You talk about showing respect........All you show is a need to get physical.
Mrs. Fred.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Kern Dog

What is it? Are you paying attention?
This guy follows me around and plays counterpoint to what people write.  Its as if he is paid to do so. He rarely ever shows any attention to what HE feels or believes in, he merely pisses on other peoples opinions.
He never posts pictures of himself and rarely ever mentions any car that he owns or has owned. To me, that smacks of someone that is afraid to be recognized.
Since the invention of this internet, there have been people like him. Guys that jump into conversations just to annoy people. He has admitted here and elsewhere that he has no firm beliefs but since so many car guys feel a certain way, he offers an alternate view.
Who the heck asked for a Devil's advocate? Why not just be genuine and admit what you believe instead of just chiming in with no purpose but to trash other peoples opinions?
Chip on my shoulder...
Not really. I am actually a pretty happy guy.

XH29N0G

Or maybe it protects us. 

Kern Dog

The way that I see it, if what you write is true, you shouldn't have to hide your identity. I have posted up a variety of opinions, insults and compliments over the years and my face has been on every one of them. I own my history. Jumping in on someones topic just to start trouble is fine IF you have the integrity to show your face. Otherwise, it is a cowardly move when you do it with anonymity.

maxwellwedge

Let's start a bashing site so all the trolls can talk about cars  :lol:  :cheers:

BLK 68 R/T

John_Kunkel

Quote from: Kern Dog on June 18, 2020, 06:16:00 PM
John,  

It is clear that you like stirring the pot even when nobody asked you for your opinion.

IOW, you don't want any disagreement with anything you say. Duly noted.   :fu:
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.