News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Only the good die young...

Started by MoparMike68, May 30, 2020, 04:22:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoparMike68

Seems only the good threads get locked and gutted of its content,some aren't even political in fact members lately
are holding back just to have a conversation. I can see if we're discussing straight politics,but current events
are being critiqued as having underlying political content,everything can be viewed as political if you let it.
Discussing current events is necessary and healthy and those of us that return are all guilty and happy to be
here so why all the censorship?  :shruggy:
People should be left to hash it out on their own  :slap:
For those of you that are sensitive to topics other then "communicating with Martins" should not participate.
Thoughts?

Mopar Nut

Quote from: MoparMike68 on May 30, 2020, 04:22:29 PM
Seems only the good threads get locked and gutted of its content,some aren't even political in fact members lately
are holding back just to have a conversation. I can see if we're discussing straight politics,but current events
are being critiqued as having underlying political content,everything can be viewed as political if you let it.
Discussing current events is necessary and healthy and those of us that return are all guilty and happy to be
here so why all the censorship?  :shruggy:
People should be left to hash it out on their own  :slap:
For those of you that are sensitive to topics other then "communicating with Martins" should not participate.
Thoughts?

Just mentioning the "P" word makes this a "P" topic.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

MoparMike68

Interesting take even though it's not, it is just by way of the word  :scratchchin:
That's my point I think threads are shut down prematurely assuming the (P).
When in fact no matter what eventually if you look hard enough you'll find (P).
Even unintentional.

Mike DC

The pandemic is hard to separate from politics. 

It was easier 3 months ago before it had really hit.  Now we're mainly discussing how society reacts to it. 

Troy

I warned that I was going to do it. People ignored that. So now I'm blasting every one of them as promised. The posts I have removed recently have contained personal attacks against other members. Even if there's some "discussion" in the parts that got removed, too bad. People should learn to "discuss" without being a dick. I'm tired of wasting my time on this.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Mike DC

Just wanna say the effort is appreciated, Troy. 

Moderating is basically refereeing.  It's a pretty thankless job.   

MoparMike68

Quote from: Troy on May 30, 2020, 11:45:02 PM
I warned that I was going to do it. People ignored that. So now I'm blasting every one of them as promised. The posts I have removed recently have contained personal attacks against other members. Even if there's some "discussion" in the parts that got removed, too bad. People should learn to "discuss" without being a dick. I'm tired of wasting my time on this.

Troy

Fair enough Troy, I can't argue with that, actually I could but that would be dumb  :lol:
This is the place to be for the hobby and thanks for that.

MoparMike68

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on May 30, 2020, 08:18:20 PM

The pandemic is hard to separate from politics. 

It was easier 3 months ago before it had really hit.  Now we're mainly discussing how society reacts to it. 
Your first point is correct, as for the second that's yesterday's news.

Kern Dog

It has been difficult for me to stand silent on the whole Covid issue. I didn't start out searching for a way to inject politics into the matter but I didn't shy away from that angle either. I noticed right away that those that took the more careful approach were usually very different in their thinking than I am.
The more that I think about it, I really want to and try to be a "Live and let live" guy. If YOU want to wear a mask, limit interactions with people, work from home, etc, that should be okay as long as you don't demand that everyone do the same. You do your thing, I'll do mine. No politics, just an opinion.

MoparMike68

Quote from: Kern Dog on May 31, 2020, 12:26:58 PM
It has been difficult for me to stand silent on the whole Covid issue. I didn't start out searching for a way to inject politics into the matter but I didn't shy away from that angle either. I noticed right away that those that took the more careful approach were usually very different in their thinking than I am.
The more that I think about it, I really want to and try to be a "Live and let live" guy. If YOU want to wear a mask, limit interactions with people, work from home, etc, that should be okay as long as you don't demand that everyone do the same. You do your thing, I'll do mine. No politics, just an opinion.
KD, If your quoting me from your I've been banned but Im back thread
I didn't mean anything by that statement I was joking, it's all good!  :cheers:
I'm  just waiting to wake from this nightmare as you are
and enjoy my liberty and freedom again,
Now there's more drama just when we are starting to open back up  ::)

Kern Dog

I don't know if I just subliminally wrote what someone else had done. Could be!
I still mean it.
In fact, no matter how offensive my words may be to some, I write what I believe unless I am purposely being silly. I am not a liar.

MoparMike68

Quote from: Kern Dog on May 31, 2020, 06:23:23 PM
I don't know if I just subliminally wrote what someone else had done. Could be!
I still mean it.
In fact, no matter how offensive my words may be to some, I write what I believe unless I am purposely being silly. I am not a liar.
:2thumbs:

Challenger340

If YOU want to wear a mask, limit interactions with people, work from home, etc, that should be okay as long as you don't demand that everyone do the same. You do your thing, I'll do mine. No politics, just an opinion.

You do realize, 'opinions' typically formed through knowledge...that the NON-N95 rated 'masks' people are currently wearing are to protect others from their potentially infectious exhaled sputem... NOT to protect themselves ?

Because unless it is N95 rated... it has basically NO INHALATION protection ?

Just say'in....
wearing a NON-N95 mask, is very simply.... an act of showing RESPECT for the Health of others by limiting their own potentially infectious exhaled sputem in 'large droplets' at the source, but offers NO personal potentially infectious aerosol inhalation protection as NOT N95 rated.  Gravity/distance(2M) being the only protection against remainder potential aerosol transmission currently thought in too low ppm airborne for transmission.

Please research what I am posting here OK ?
Because your believing wearing a mask is a personal choice is just fine IMO, as long as you understand others are wearing the NON N95 masks trying to protect YOU, and show RESPECT for YOUR Health, while you may potentially be asymptomatic ?
and are showing NO RESPECT for the Health of others excercising your personal choice/opinion ?

Again here.... please....  please....  pretty PLEASE.....  research the science behind N95 and NON N95 Mask effectiveness regarding INHALATION and EXHALATION protections OK ?

I am saying that I believe.....  that for whatever reasons ? or failings in the Public Health domain ?
there may indeed be one heck of a TON of misinformation in the United States that is responsible for the USA now being the WORST INFECTED Country on the Planet and bearing the brunt of the "Global' Pandemic fatalities ?

Mask wearing being one of the common misconceptions so critical and being used in other Countries so effectively to prevent COVID spread ?
WHY mask wearing hasn't caught on or been mandated in the USA is still a mystery ?
Only wimps wear Bowties !

alfaitalia

I has been in some places in the US hasn't it???....or so ive read on here and other places. With your current rampant rate of infection you have to do something......
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

stripedelete

Uh?  I picture your head exploding "scanners" fashion...... :)

Kern Dog

John_Kunkel

You do your thing, I'll do mine.

Great hippie philosophy but what about when "your thing" affects other people? Think Typhoid Mary.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Nacho-RT74

your rights ends when the rest of ppl rights begin
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

stripedelete

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on July 02, 2020, 04:58:46 PM

Bingo!  That's exactly what people can't get their heads around.

Challenger340

Quote from: stripedelete on July 02, 2020, 09:13:36 PM

Bingo!  That's exactly what people can't get their heads around.

it's only "some" people ?    

Maybe people across all levels of IQ ? Intelligence ? and Smarts(or not)?.... could gravitate around a simpler theme..... Wear a Mask and help SAVE our Economy ?.....  
because, and imo here....
if the less than smart "personal freedom" diatribe continues ? this could very well lead into a Depression worse than the 1930's .... with China laughing all the way to the Bank !

Helluva way to show how FREE you were right ? .....  to then Starve in Poverty for being Free IDIOTS huh ?

Time to BAN me I guess eh ?
Only wimps wear Bowties !

stripedelete

Quote from: Challenger340 on July 02, 2020, 10:16:36 PM
Quote from: stripedelete on July 02, 2020, 09:13:36 PM

Bingo!  That's exactly what people can't get their heads around.

it's only "some" people ?    

Maybe people across all levels of IQ ? Intelligence ? and Smarts(or not)?.... could gravitate around a simpler theme..... Wear a Mask and help SAVE our Economy ?.....  
because, and imo here....
if the less than smart "personal freedom" diatribe continues ? this could very well lead into a Depression worse than the 1930's .... with China laughing all the way to the Bank !

Helluva way to show how FREE you were right ? .....  to then Starve in Poverty for being Free IDIOTS huh ?

Time to BAN me I guess eh ?

Not sure, but I think we're both on the same side of this issue.