News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

71 Charger Wiring Diagram

Started by Simonic, May 31, 2020, 11:27:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simonic

Hi Gentlemen.
Would one of you have a copy of a wiring diagram please that i could look at?
I'm particulary interested in the taillight section.
Thank You
Mopar owner in the UK..

John_Kunkel

Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Simonic

Mopar owner in the UK..

Nacho-RT74

it is pretty much interesting not to much ppl post the rear tail light section. This is from the 74 FSM which I colored. It is the same than 71/72 except for the gray wire for ground on pot metalhousings which is inexistant, because is grounded by chassis.

it's made very technical, not so easy to undertstand than earlier diagrams but I added some info on it

it'SPECIFICALLY the tail lights assembly, not the body harness between them and kick panel plug. The body harness gets aside the 4 wires to the tail lights, the blue wire to fuel sender and a pink wire for the trunk light

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Simonic

Mopar owner in the UK..

71charger_fan

The factory wiring diagrams are scattered through the two volumes of the factory service manual. When it comes to the wiring diagrams on the '71 Charger, you'd do well to get a copy of the FSM. I've found a mistake or two (although I don't remember specifics) in the diagrams posted on line. I bought a good set of colored pencils and traced over the lines in the FSM to make them easier to follow. Unfortunately, my FSM is in the car at the body shop or I would scan the pages for you.