News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

can you swap 69 black grain dash bits out of a 68??

Started by 68chargeruk, July 18, 2020, 06:08:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

68chargeruk

Basically I have a almost finished (on the outside) 68 charger but it has a mish mash of interior parts, the dash being a 69 with the black grain

Before I sell my project 68 i want to use the correct finned style (if that the correct term) to match the centre console style

i DON't want to swap the full dash or dash pad as the one in there at the moment is in much better condition, I know there were subtle differences with the ashtray I believe but I'll forego that for a very good condition dash.

Is it just a case or removing clocks etc? or does the full dash have to come out to get to the black pieces?

Thanks

68chargeruk

pic for ref of what I want to swap out

Nacho-RT74

68 and 69 are pretty much the same cluster with just the front bezel difference and that's just about remove one and install the other one. Switches are also the same. Just if 68 got rear deffog, got a diff switch 69/70s didn't got: 68s located on cluster ( another reason for the diff cluster bezel, not just the finish ), 69/70 at a side of Heater-A/C controls ( underneath the top dash pad )

Top dash pad also interchange but 68 is more sharpened and 69 is more rounded on the edge leading to passengers.

Heater-A/C controls: 68s got a bezel for the control buttons lettering while 69 buttons itself got labeled

Ign switch is diff size ( 69 is larger )

the ashtray difference is a mid 68 change as far i know, so you can get 68s with the 69 style

The radio lettering makes difference. 68s saying Chrysler solid state and 69s saying Dodge solid state ? or something like that

that's what I know at least.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

68chargeruk

Thanks Nacho, very helpful, i've just bought a bargain screen so plan on removing and redoing fully now cheers