News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New From Dakota Digital, RTX series gauge cluster

Started by Mopar Nut, July 26, 2020, 11:49:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Just 6T9 CHGR

Those are pretty cool.  Too bad it doesn't fit a Charger?   LOL   From their site....

QuoteWe took everything we know about high quality instrumentation and combined it with some world-class engineering and design work to create this direct-fit, oh-so-original looking instrument system for MoPar B-Body cars with the Rallye dash. This is the one you've been looking for to upgrade your '68-70 Super Bee, '69-70 Coronet R/T or 1970 GTX.

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Mopar Nut

Anybody purchase this new RTX yet? Comments?
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Mopar Nut

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on July 29, 2020, 04:52:23 AM
Those are pretty cool.  Too bad it doesn't fit a Charger?   LOL   From their site....

QuoteWe took everything we know about high quality instrumentation and combined it with some world-class engineering and design work to create this direct-fit, oh-so-original looking instrument system for MoPar B-Body cars with the Rallye dash. This is the one you've been looking for to upgrade your '68-70 Super Bee, '69-70 Coronet R/T or 1970 GTX.

Fits perfect, their description shows different from your quote.
SKU: RTX-68D-CHG-X

Description:
1968- 70 Dodge Charger, Super Bee 1969- 70 Coronet R/T, 1970 Plymouth GTX and Road Runner

WHITE AND RED 69

It looks like a nice setup. If I had to replace my cluster I'd make the switch but can't justify it since my gauges all work. But I do wish the tach had a needle rather than the led bar. Not a fan of that look.   :Twocents:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

Mopar Nut

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on November 08, 2020, 09:04:01 PM
But I do wish the tach had a needle rather than the led bar. Not a fan of that look.   :Twocents:

I agree, it would be nice to have the option of the needle or the LED bar.

JB400

Quote from: Mopar Nut on November 08, 2020, 04:35:47 PM
Anybody purchase this new RTX yet? Comments?
Have you bit the bullet on this, or just looking to?

1970Moparmann

How did I miss this thread.... really interesting! :2thumbs:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Mopar Nut

Mopar Nut

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on November 08, 2020, 09:04:01 PM
But I do wish the tach had a needle rather than the led bar. Not a fan of that look.   :Twocents:

Dakota Digital said they will custom modify the tach to include the needle and LED bar on the RTX. The drawback is the clock will be replaced with the tach needle.

Mopar Nut

Nacho-RT74

Having already a digital display on speedometer, I don't think the led bar instead the needle will disturb me. I like the clock in place to still get a tictoctach. I wouldn't sacrifice the clock for the tach needle, but that's just me.

Sure the needle will be nicer than the led bar but without sacrifice the clock.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Mopar Nut

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on November 21, 2020, 02:55:48 AM
Having already a digital display on speedometer, I don't think the led bar instead the needle will disturb me. I like the clock in place to still get a tictoctach. I wouldn't sacrifice the clock for the tach needle, but that's just me.

Sure the needle will be nicer than the led bar but without sacrifice the clock.

:iagree:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=emb_title&v=uBEDLAxywaA

Nacho-RT74

And for the "lost needle" issue,  clock didn't get the seconds arm needle either anyway, so is actually missing two needles LOL.

I still think is still an upgraded cluster with stockish look, soooooo, those details are not a big deal. Other wise, just keep it stock.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

TexasStroker

Looking forward to seeing how you like it...seems like a step up from their previous iteration. I kind of like the tach bar, but can see where others wouldn't.  I'm most surprised they haven't picked up a 69-70 bezel for additional pics. 

My only issue with the setup is that I would like a little more precision on the Oil Pressure and Water Temperature gauges...you just can't get it with the short sweep.  However, I'm not quite sure if the reading couldn't be displayed in the info center.  If so that becomes moot.  In a perfect world I think I would expand the screen to the full width and allow the user to select from a few tweakable widgets.  If you could get all the readings in one place it would be ideal:

OIL PSI                                  WATER TEMP
                     MPH
VOTLS    DIRECTION-TEMP      FUEL LEFT

Hopefully that makes sense...maybe I've just been spending too much time with EFI and data logging.  Add in a Charger script logo or R/T for the splash screen on start up and we are golden, haha.

Definitely looking forward to seeing real world pics of it installed along with first hand feedback.
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

Mopar Nut

There's a lot of information displayed in the info center, so I bet you can get the oil pressure and water temperature.
Also there might be a option where you can use a smart phone too.

Here's a couple of Youtube videos, not mine.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=emb_title&v=uBEDLAxywaA

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=emb_title&v=lbA07DEiXzg

TexasStroker

I had some time the other night and was checking around trying to find more info.  It looks like each LCD area can display 2 lines of info (ie Oil Pressure @ 58 PSI and Coolant Temp at 201) while offering up 2 or 3 quick flips.  For example, I might have (1) for Oil PSI and Water Temp, (2) for Performance Timer and Volts, and (3) for Compass and Temp. 

The other little nugget I found is that they actually make stand alone bridge modules for a lot of aftermarket EFI kits.  Basically what that means is instead of having the tiny programmer, a tablet, or digital dash you can ultimately display those same parameters on the LCD screens.  So for the Charger with the Pro Flo 4 I could have the BIM installed and output the AFR and Fuel Pressure to the gauge cluster.  Pretty sweet!

Years ago (10 or more iirc) I bought ES gauges from Auto Meter...then worked with Classic for the aftermarket bezels...planned to do Speedhuts like in the Duster...And just earlier tonight had a standalone Digital Dash from Holley in my cart (they wouldn't take my charge card so I missed out on it and a really good buy on some filters).  Last week I was thinking I'd have the digital dash to mount in a console under the dash with a rollaway type door.  After discovering this and missing out on the digital dash sale price, I'm rethinking things with the RTX setup.   

The RTX does a lot of what I have always wanted (30 colors, basically RGB) and a good bit their other offerings (HDX & VHX) can't.  I do like the 2nd LCD (HDX) for more BIM options, but the aesthetics with the RTX are spot-on.  You would also retain advanced features like user set warnings/alarms that I've gotten used to with Speedhut.

It still seems a little expensive, but if it is made in American and they keep using the profits to reinvest and crank out more cool stuff, it can't be that bad.  I didn't catch it on sale this past weekend, so I'm thinking the best buy might simply be when Summit gets back to the "X off $1,000." I'll download the manuals and maybe the app to get a better feel of everything.

Was it in stock when you ordered?  If not, any idea how long you will be waiting? 
Definitely looking forward to some first hand feedback!
www.lonestarmopars.com
Contact me for info!

Mopar Nut

I was told it could be a month, I should have it right before Christmas.

It does have a lifetime warranty.

TexasStroker

Nice...that'll be a great gift for you and the car, lol.  The fact that RTX offers so many customization options, upgraded gauge set features, and stays extremely faithful to the OE design is huge.
I might get an order in next time I can catch a little discount.  Will definitely be checking back to see how you like it.
www.lonestarmopars.com
Contact me for info!