News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Covid at home

Started by Nacho-RT74, August 23, 2020, 07:47:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nacho-RT74

what you read. Covid arrived at my actual home.

I share a flat with one of my cousin's wife and their kids and she got Covid. She is fine by now, but at the hospital to keep her under control. I was out of home on the last 10 days in another city, visiting part of my family living in Malaga Spain ( I'm living in Valencia ) and she began to feel bad 4 days ago.

When she got Covid ? we dunno. Maybe before I left home... or maybe during my absence. Fortunatelly since I arrived home and she went to the hospital we shared just 10 hours and not really close to each other, BUT we share of course dishes, pans, forks, glasses... etc. AND her kids ( teenagers really ) are here anyway.

Hospital will be sending nurses to home to make the test to us and she will be getting a second test to confirm.

She use to wear mask on his face anytime, but she work making nails on beauty salon, where she get a lot of contact with ppl. Aside that she has more social life than me.

Now... I could get Covid still being carefull myself, but caused by another ppl around me ( I'm not blamming her, but is the fact ). By now, I have just a small headache, which is not a regular Covid symptom.

sooooo... now you see the IMPORTANCE of get ourself protected TO ALSO PROTECT TO THE PPL AROUND YOU ? just like get respect over a traffic light to the rest of ppl life and rights.

I hope my test will result negative. I have been without job for long time and I'm supposeling starting on a job this september for at least 1 month. This will get me without job again.

and there is ppl still not taking this seriouslly, afecting to the ppl around who really cares.

Really I'm not obsessed with this deal about the mask and protection, BUT I try to take care for myself and those around me using the common sense and the mask over my face when is a must.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

XH29N0G

Nacho

I am sorry to hear this and wish you and your relatives a speedy recovery.  I know from experience of friends and people around where I live that it can get very serious and have serious side effects that last for months.  I also understand that majority do not have these issues and hope this is the case for you and your relatives.

Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

John_Kunkel

I hope this will make everyone here stop and THINK.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

b5blue

Best wishes to you and yours!

Mike DC

Whoa.  Scary. 

Best of luck with it, Nacho. 

Kern Dog

Nacho-RT74

BTW one of her uncles, died in Venezuela due the covid 2 weeks ago, also one friend. Neither of both had any other diseases or pathology. Her uncle was working on one of the campaign hospitals being installed on an events dome tipically used in Caracas for live concerts called "El Poliedro".

Will I be fine? Mostly sure yes ( still waiting for the hospital sending the nurses to the test ), but what's the deal with my post? I took care, and I know she took care too, but if rest of ppl doesn't take care TOO, just my own protection is not enough.

Is the same than traffic lights. Is not enough if I respect it but the rest of ppl around doesn't.  My own rights are being violated by the rest of ppl because some ppl thinks the goverment could be violating their rights to have the mask or not and take their own risk to get sick...

On my visit to Málaga I was with my grand uncle who was on her 89 YO birthday. She is on a wheel chair and with Alzheimer, but also smoked a lot for years so if she gets Covid could easily die. What about if I got Covid before my trip and could pass to her? So is not just about I can be fine, but more ppl around.

Is not about being obsessed with the mask and protection, but just use the common sense and being responsable
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html

Kern Dog

Some people are born to worry. The media loves these people because they tune in all the time. Their conscious mind wants to be reassured, their subconscious feeds on the bad news.
Meanwhile, those that don't watch the media, don't seem to be having the same problems.
Live your life how you want.
A stark difference in ideology is that some want to force others to adopt their mindset and some are willing to let the individuals decide for themselves.

b5blue

The virus won't care what you think when it comes for you, you may not even know it used you to spread. Ignorance is bliss until it's you gasping for your next breath.

Nacho-RT74

Damn! This is not about media... is MY OWN EXPERIENCE RIGHT NOW!... I don't watch TV more than necessary and I don't eat $h1t from media ever! I just use my common sense!

Kern Dog

Quote from: b5blue on August 24, 2020, 03:56:29 PM
The virus won't care what you think when it comes for you, you may not even know it used you to spread. Ignorance is bliss until it's you gasping for your next breath.
I already had it, most likely. I feel great. The Wife feels great. Everyone in my family feels great. The reports have stated repeatedly that the goal of any shutdown was NOT to stop the virus but to manage the rate at which people were infected so hospitals were not swarmed with a huge amount of people at once.
Use your head, not your emotions. Hysterical women and losers act on emotion. Sensible people act on common sense and facts.

b5blue

You seem hung up on "the shutdown". (We are talking about the virus.) When the American C-19 death toll equaled Nam. deaths you dropped in on my topic yapping like your doing here. From then till now 110,000 MORE dead but hey you post pics of welder in a topic for Charger pics and have stated you "Try to piss folks off for fun" so here we go again. Dismissing Nacho's concerns just puts your head up your butt. (Farther.)  :lol:

Back N Black

Quote from: Kern Dog on August 24, 2020, 06:52:00 PM
Quote from: b5blue on August 24, 2020, 03:56:29 PM
I already had it, most likely. I feel great. The Wife feels great. Everyone in my family feels great. The reports have stated repeatedly that the goal of any shutdown was NOT to stop the virus but to manage the rate at which people were infected so hospitals were not swarmed with a huge amount of people at once.
Use your head, not your emotions. Hysterical women and losers act on emotion. Sensible people act on common sense and facts.

A thousand deaths a day? The rest of the the world is laughing at the USA. Without leadership from Trump, your Fucked.

Kern Dog

Quote from: b5blue on August 24, 2020, 08:51:17 PM
 You seem hung up on "the shutdown". (We are talking about the virus.) When the American C-19 death toll equaled Nam. deaths you dropped in on my topic yapping like your doing here. From then till now 110,000 MORE dead but hey you post pics of welder in a topic for Charger pics and have stated you "Try to piss folks off for fun" so here we go again. Dismissing Nacho's concerns just puts your head up your butt. (Farther.)  :lol:
You are obviously a sad person that holds grudges.  Otherwise, you'd be in a better mood.
I don't believe that the death count is accurate when every death no matter the cause gets a COVID stamp next to it. Tell me that you are not stupid enough to have NOT heard that yet...? The feds pay $27,000 to the victims families when a case is stamped COVID, the hospital gets a stipend from the Feds when a death is stamped COVID. Keep believing that there is no agenda attached to it. Keep looking like a foolish asshole that bends over and takes it in the ass from the media and anyone else.
I don't fall for shit like this. I don't trust the media, I don't trust most of the elected, I don't trust Doctors that spend more time in front of a camera than they do in front of patients. The people that I have met and read from that believe this shit are by far, the type that thinks opposite from me in social issues. Fuck them. I have no respect for those that are willing to kill babies but coddle criminals.
Finally, you are clearly a petty minded prick to use the picture of a welder as a means to pick a fight. The car is clearly visible in the background. Only an asshole with no valid argument or evidence would use that as a means to bitch about someone. The thread was titled "Post your latest Charger photo". That was the most recent that I took.
Keep being scared and worried. I'll be the man and keep the country moving ahead like I always do.
Don't get in my way though. You need me to earn so you can get your EBT card charged up each month.

Kern Dog

Quote from: b5blue on August 24, 2020, 08:51:17 PM
 You seem hung up on "the shutdown".
To add, the reference to the shutdown was made to illustrate that the people in charge, the ones that YOUR KIND seem to trust, expressed that hiding from the virus won't stop you from getting it. The goal was to spread out the incidents of the infection. They have stated numerous times that aside from a vaccine, most people will get it.
Again, you will probably not understand this but being the optimistic type, I thought it was worth a shot.

Kern Dog

FACTs ahead....

Nacho-RT74

Once again this is becoming on a "political" thread and I'm not the one who is talking about that. I'm just warning you that it can happens to you. If ppl around you doesn't take the same care than you, you can fall into the disease, so EVERYBODY must be carefully. Is not an individual responsability, like just get a condom to keep safe from aids, but is a social responsability.

Updating:

My cousin's wife is still at the hospital and will get a second test made to be sure about the need to send the nurses to my home to make the test to me and her sons.

She had some fever, bones pain, and small pneumonia last week, hence the reason to go to the hospital with symptoms related to Covid.

Mopar Nut

Praying for you Nacho to stay safe and your family to get better!
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

alfaitalia

Good luck Nacho....I agree with all you said. KD has a point....as always.....but its easy to be complacent if you are healthy and/or have had it and recovered of being asymptomatic. Im sure folks views change a lot when they lose they mother/father etc. Peoples freedom and the right to choose is important.....but at the moment the right for others to be protected from a virus you might be carrying needs to come first. Just my opinion of course.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

XH29N0G

I apologize for dragging this back up, but I do not see a point.  I see a very sensitive and triggered person who has reacted when questioned.  I agree there is high level misinformation campaign is not from the side he thinks.  I have no idea where he gets his news or ideas, but he has bought in with the rest of the sheep.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

oldgold69

right now I know three people who covid  at this time  one is not doing well  another broke her hip then got covid while in the hospital but she  was not well before this  the last one I don't no too much about his condition I think I had it in November last year  I took steps to head it off I tried to build up immunity took zinc d3  and tonic water (quinine) the worst lasted about two days

alfaitalia

I don't think you could have had it as long ago as November.....I think the very first case in the World  was not confirmed until December 19 and the first confirmed US case was Jan 20...a man who returned from Wuham......
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Nacho-RT74

updating, she got a negative on second test, but since she has some symptoms will be under observation for more days at the hospital. For a while I will request for a test on the local ambulatory just in case.

Quote from: oldgold69 on August 25, 2020, 09:54:07 PM
right now I know three people who covid  at this time  one is not doing well  another broke her hip then got covid while in the hospital but she  was not well before this  the last one I don't no too much about his condition I think I had it in November last year  I took steps to head it off I tried to build up immunity took zinc d3  and tonic water (quinine) the worst lasted about two days

Man,  would be nice some dots and commas on this LOL

c00nhunterjoe

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on August 26, 2020, 08:23:08 AM
updating, she got a negative on second test, but since she has some symptoms will be under observation for more days at the hospital. For a while I will request for a test on the local ambulatory just in case.

Quote from: oldgold69 on August 25, 2020, 09:54:07 PM

Man,  would be nice some dots and commas on this LOL

Without getting political,  if the test is negative, why is she still in the hospital and why are you getting a test?

greycharger

One Doctor said it is like a cold.
For colds, I make large travel mugs of tea to stay hydrated. I like Red Zinger by Celestial Seasonings. It has a berry flavor and is made with a lot of natural sources of Vitamin C. I put honey in it too. My Dad likes Blackberry Brandy for colds, but in my tea, I sometimes spike it with Bailey's.