News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Covid at home

Started by Nacho-RT74, August 23, 2020, 07:47:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldgold69

I said, I might have had it the last week of November.  People come and go all over the world and no one ever comes to Wisconsin. Wisconsin didn't send a delegation of business people to china in October and November. There are no college students from china studying in the medical research department at  UW Madison.  Nobody was looking for it then  I might have had a good cold.  A lot  of people I knew had colds around that time  they went to the doctor.  They said it was viral. Nacho did you talk to my wife. She's always giving me a hard time about punctuation .  It's easier to just put the words on the page. and not worry about grammar. Now for the final nail in my coffin. I only wear a mask when I have to go to the doctor. Everywhere else I never wear one.  Now let it fly.

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on August 26, 2020, 09:34:19 AM
Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on August 26, 2020, 08:23:08 AM
updating, she got a negative on second test, but since she has some symptoms will be under observation for more days at the hospital. For a while I will request for a test on the local ambulatory just in case.

Quote from: oldgold69 on August 25, 2020, 09:54:07 PM
right now I know three people who covid  at this time  one is not doing well  another broke her hip then got covid while in the hospital but she  was not well before this  the last one I don't no too much about his condition I think I had it in November last year  I took steps to head it off I tried to build up immunity took zinc d3  and tonic water (quinine) the worst lasted about two days

Man,  would be nice some dots and commas on this LOL

Without getting political,  if the test is negative, why is she still in the hospital and why are you getting a test?

We can call it prevention at this moment. She still has pneumonia. We all know also the test available at this moment are not 100% accurate. I guess she will get another test.

there are covid cases in the neigborhood

Quote from: oldgold69 on August 26, 2020, 03:23:43 PM
Nacho did you talk to my wife. She's always giving me a hard time about punctuation .  It's easier to just put the words on the page. and not worry about grammar.

No I didn't LOL, easier for you but harder for the rest of us... I mean if you care the rest of us
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

oldgold69

Nacho. I will try and remember my high school English.  It's been 45 years ago. Never had to write much till I started on the web.  Then I forget there are members from other countries.  Hope all goes well on your end. Will pray for her recovery

c00nhunterjoe

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on August 26, 2020, 04:48:26 PM
updating, she got a negative on second test, but since she has some symptoms will be under observation for more days at the hospital. For a while I will request for a test on the local ambulatory just in case.

right now I know three people who covid  at this time  one is not doing well  another broke her hip then got covid while in the hospital but she  was not well before this  the last one I don't no too much about his condition I think I had it in November last year  I took steps to head it off I tried to build up immunity took zinc d3  and tonic water (quinine) the worst lasted about two days

Without getting political,  if the test is negative, why is she still in the hospital and why are you getting a test?

We can call it prevention at this moment. She still has pneumonia. We all know also the test available at this moment are not 100% accurate. I guess she will get another test.

Nacho did you talk to my wife. She's always giving me a hard time about punctuation .  It's easier to just put the words on the page. and not worry about grammar.

No I didn't LOL, easier for you but harder for the rest of us... I mean if you care the rest of us

Which test isnt accurate, the positve or the negative? Which one do i panic over? Or do i worry about either?

oldgold69

Nacho. I just heard about my one friend  He got pneumonia too.  they intubated him and now needs dialysis  My brother had sepsis, and they did all the same stuff to him  It something to look at.   Just :Twocents:

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on August 26, 2020, 09:06:42 PM
Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on August 26, 2020, 04:48:26 PM

Which test isnt accurate, the positve or the negative? Which one do i panic over? Or do i worry about either?

The COVID test available at this moment gets the result right 80-90% of the cases ( depending on the kind of test ), hence reason to make it several times. If she got positive once  it must kept under observation specially with symptoms associated to. I can't tell if the positive result can be wrong or not.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html

greycharger

To travel across country for a party, or traveling across town to drink in bar is putting fellow Americans in danger. It is rude in the least, and at worst, the case can be made for a charge of Depraved Indifference, a crime that is actionable in civil court. i.e. one can be sued for infecting others. That is a big reason why the Republicans are holding up all legislation; they demand immunity for those who endanger their neighbors not out of necessity, but for fun and profit.

It's one thing if we get exposed through bad luck, it's a totally different thing if we get exposed because of indifference.

Depraved Indifference Law and Legal Definition:
  To constitute depraved indifference, the defendant's conduct must be 'so wanton, so deficient in a moral sense of concern, so lacking in regard for the life or lives of others, and so blameworthy as to warrant the same criminal liability as that which the law imposes upon a person who intentionally causes a crime. Depraved indifference focuses on the risk created by the defendant's conduct, not the injuries actually resulting.

Kern Dog, you have slipped back into former bad habits. Insulting fellow members is not cool and you certainly wouldn't like it if someone responded in kind. 

Kern Dog

Bad habits?
How about politics? I have yet to mention anything specific yet I see that you and someone else has.

c00nhunterjoe

Quote from: greycharger on August 27, 2020, 10:25:19 AM
To travel across country for a party, or traveling across town to drink in bar is putting fellow Americans in danger. It is rude in the least, and at worst, the case can be made for a charge of Depraved Indifference, a crime that is actionable in civil court. i.e. one can be sued for infecting others. That is a big reason why the Republicans are holding up all legislation; they demand immunity for those who endanger their neighbors not out of necessity, but for fun and profit.

It's one thing if we get exposed through bad luck, it's a totally different thing if we get exposed because of indifference.

To constitute depraved indifference, the defendant's conduct must be 'so wanton, so deficient in a moral sense of concern, so lacking in regard for the life or lives of others, and so blameworthy as to warrant the same criminal liability as that which the law imposes upon a person who intentionally causes a crime. Depraved indifference focuses on the risk created by the defendant's conduct, not the injuries actually resulting.

Kern Dog, you have slipped back into former bad habits. Insulting fellow members is not cool and you certainly wouldn't like it if someone responded in kind. 

Morals are mainly based on opinion. If i chose to go to a bar to have a drink, how does that affect you in a sense that YOU can sue me for it. Unless you also CHOOSE to go to the bar to have a drink with me. And at that point, your moral lawsuit has just become invalid because you made the choice to go out. If you are scared to death, then by all means stay home. I will not fault anyone for that.

MoparMike68

I'm not an attorney but I do know this much that if you define criminal activity as "peaceful protest"
Your absolved from prosecution.  :yesnod:

greycharger

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on August 27, 2020, 03:23:38 PM

Morals are mainly based on opinion. If i chose to go to a bar to have a drink, how does that affect you in a sense that YOU can sue me for it. Unless you also CHOOSE to go to the bar to have a drink with me. And at that point, your moral lawsuit has just become invalid because you made the choice to go out. If you are scared to death, then by all means stay home. I will not fault anyone for that.

It's basic law, not morals. The bar owner who won't follow CDC guidelines lets you infect the barmaid who can't miss any work because she will get fired. Just her bad luck, a lifetime of dialysis from kidney damage because you can't, or won't, deny your vices for a short time. Your happiness is more important than her life. She also has to live with the fact that before she knew that she was contagious, she infected some of us because we shop at the same grocery store. We did the adult thing and denied ourselves going out for fun, but you got us anyway.

I'm not scared of shit, but nice try. I don't like any of this, but I stay away from groups because I listen to actual geniuses making their best guesses, not people selling snake oil so they can keep their hand in my pocket. I wear a mask for me as much as others because it is the smart and decent thing to do. What are the Greatest Generation doing? They aren't denying themselves going out because they are afraid of dying, they do it because it is the right thing to do. They are grownups and patriotic.

Kern Dog

I listen to doctors that treat actual patients, not doctors that spend their time in front of the media, spouting what their superiors have told them to say.

Nacho-RT74

Updating, my "flatmate" is already at home. It seems everything came out fine. I made the test today and should get the result in 24 hours, but with the weekend in the middle mostly sure I'll get it on monday.

and about the rest of post... this is the point:

I think some ppl here could still think earth is flat, and the man never arrived to the moon, but whatever, I won't enter on this discussion anymore. The intention about this thread was just to post my own experience and warn you this is a real situation it could happen to you no matter the social media says or not. Sure living on a big city the risk is x1000 more than living in the country, but we have to be concious about this.

As I told, is not about being obsesed with this but care about you is the same than care about the ppl. Is a symbiotic relationship. You can't be isolated from the society because everyone of us is part of it. So the personal responsability is part of the social responsability and backwards. IF you don't  understand each of us have a social responsability with ppl around you, you are simply selfish.

But untill you get sick or affected for whatever action coming out from ppl around you, it will never accepted and understood we are not just individuals. I could ( for example) get contagiused my grand uncle in Málaga which is a risky patiente even I live in Valencia 650 km away, while the place my flatmate could got Covid is 30 km away from home due her job. Call it BUTTERFLY EFFECT

Is not about Covid, but about EVERYTHING. Covid is just one more reason.

Will be updating about the result on monday I guess. After all these days and my flatmate leaving the hospital I'm confident my test will come out negative.

XH29N0G

Good to hear the outcome. Glad to hear yours are part of the vast majority who will not have problems with it. 

I still wear a mask because we are asked to at work so we limit spread to others. 

If you want, you can cue the lumberjack song....'I cut down trees, I wear high heels, Suspendies and a bra, I wish I'd been a girlie, just like my dear Papa...'
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

c00nhunterjoe

Quote from: greycharger on August 27, 2020, 09:41:28 PM
Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on August 27, 2020, 03:23:38 PM

It's basic law, not morals. The bar owner who won't follow CDC guidelines lets you infect the barmaid who can't miss any work because she will get fired. Just her bad luck, a lifetime of dialysis from kidney damage because you can't, or won't, deny your vices for a short time. Your happiness is more important than her life. She also has to live with the fact that before she knew that she was contagious, she infected some of us because we shop at the same grocery store. We did the adult thing and denied ourselves going out for fun, but you got us anyway.

I'm not scared of shit, but nice try. I don't like any of this, but I stay away from groups because I listen to actual geniuses making their best guesses, not people selling snake oil so they can keep their hand in my pocket. I wear a mask for me as much as others because it is the smart and decent thing to do. What are the Greatest Generation doing? They aren't denying themselves going out because they are afraid of dying, they do it because it is the right thing to do. They are grownups and patriotic.

So then by this logic, natcho should sue his flat mate because she went to work and got infected and then infected him. If she just would have quit her job and stayed home on government welfare, this entire situation wouldnt have happened.

Nacho-RT74

I never have sue my flat mate, because I know she was being the most carefull as posible, but his job is a risky one. This infection ( if it was really ) enters into the "bad luck" range WITHOUT THINK if the ppl she attends was being really responsable. The problem is those who get infected them self and his ppl around by irresponsability.

She was getting a goverment finantial help throught her job during the lockdown. Never needed to quite her job

Of course I was agreed on get extended a bit more the lockdown to try to isolate it even better, althought it was being hard for the economy. My own personal problem is now this won't be posible anymore and now my job are won't be reactivated anytime soon. So I would have sacrified it a bit more the economy two months ago, to get a better and faster recovery. But whatever, that won't be posible anymore and with the new waves this will be REEAAAAALLY slow, and will kill my funds

by the way, my flat mate's sons also tested negative. They got their results today. So everything will be fine, but IT COULD HAVE BEEN NOT the case.

Doctors requiered us to keep in quarantine at home for 10-15 days anyway.

anyway... COME OOOON... wear a mask IS NOT A GIANT SACRIFICE... certainly uncomfortable, but not a life sacrifice

c00nhunterjoe

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on August 28, 2020, 09:09:40 AM
I never have sue my flat mate, because I know she was being the most carefull as posible, but his job is a risky one. This infection ( if it was really ) enters into the "bad luck" range WITHOUT THINK if the ppl she attends was being really responsable. The problem is those who get infected them self and his ppl around by irresponsability.

She was getting a goverment finantial help throught her job during the lockdown. Never needed to quite her job

Of course I was agreed on get extended a bit more the lockdown to try to isolate it even better, althought it was being hard for the economy. My own personal problem is now this won't be posible anymore and now my job are won't be reactivated anytime soon. So I would have sacrified it a bit more the economy two months ago, to get a better and faster recovery. But whatever, that won't be posible anymore and with the new waves this will be REEAAAAALLY slow, and will kill my funds

by the way, my flat mate's sons also tested negative. They got their results today. So everything will be fine, but IT COULD HAVE BEEN NOT the case.

Doctors requiered us to keep in quarantine at home for 10-15 days anyway.

anyway... COME OOOON... wear a mask IS NOT A GIANT SACRIFICE... certainly uncomfortable, but not a life sacrifice

Natcho, i wasnt implying that you were. I was speaking specifically about greychargers logic about sueing someone over it.

Nacho-RT74

sure I know :cheers:... but wanted to be detailed on the info I'm providing. And since I quoted his line about the diff between bad luck and responsability which I'm agreed, wanted to be clear about it

Nacho-RT74

Kern Dog

Good for you, Sir.   :2thumbs:

Mike DC

Sometimes you are better off failing a test.   :cheers:

alfaitalia

Yeah...well that is about the most unreliable and politically biased and far right leaning source you could have quoted and I suggest you take anything they say with a pinch of salt. They stop short of saying COVID  does not exist...just....but they have said it was deliberatly used against the US people by democrats to oust Trump...so put must be true...lol. Forgetting all the other countries that have it that don't have an imminent election! They are often quoted as the gospel over in FBBO political section....usually about the first internet search you do proves it to be BS. We all know that most that died from it were probably not going to see the next year or two....they had other illnesses or weaknesses....I don't think that will make the 155,000 plus that have died there or their families feel any better.....they still went before their time due to this virus.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Kern Dog

Some are REALLY slow to face the facts.
When a person is three breaths from death due to ongoing health problems, an infection from a paper cut can do them in.
When someone eats everything for years, smokes like a Ford and doesn't exercise...then contracts  Influenza, they can be dead quickly. Same goes with any respiratory ailment. To then solely claim that they died from Covid is like saying that the thumbtack blew out the tire when it was bald as Vin Diesel and had cords showing.
These numbers were clearly inflated WHEN you look at the facts. How is it that every other cause of death has dropped like a rock? Suddenly there have been no deaths from diabetes or lung disease, none from natural causes either. If you have any integrity, you'd see that the numbers have been heavily stacked. This has been an ongoing joke that many have suspected from early on.

Kern Dog

Quote from: alfaitalia on August 30, 2020, 06:01:19 PM
....but they have said it was deliberatly used against the US people by democrats to oust Trump...so put must be true...lol. Forgetting all the other countries that have it that don't have an imminent election!
America rules the world, dude. What happens here will affect you. When other countries want to move up, they'd need America weaker, not stronger. The Globalists are willing to let the world burn to get what they want. Their homes are safe, their people are safe. They are looking at the long game.