News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is this the factory door edge protector? (M05)

Started by AKcharger, September 09, 2020, 10:55:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AKcharger

While cleaning up my new car I took a good look at these trim pieces. I thought they were JC Whitney specials but they look made for the doors, yet build sheet doesn't mention them can anyone confirm?
Thanks!

AKcharger

XH29N0G

Below is a picture of my car in 1970 with what I believe may have been something that would have come from the factory to preserve the door edge.  I would have to ask my dad if this is the case.

Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

AKcharger

yup! that's it Thanks Sir! Oh I just found a build sheet for a XH29N0G car in my back seat today!

chargered

XH29N0G

That's neat.

Didn't happen to be a three-speed on the floor, radio delete car built sometime in February March?  

I pulled my build sheet out in the 1980s and promptly lost it

Or maybe it protects us. 

AKcharger

XH29N0G

They'd already driven my sister home from the hospital by that time..

:2thumbs:

I think it's always fun to find those. I found one for another in my front seat and send it off to one of the registries

Or maybe it protects us. 

oldgold69

My 69 was ordered from the factory with them. It's on the order form and build sheet

DAY CLONA

Quote from: AKcharger on September 09, 2020, 10:55:01 PM
While cleaning up my new car I took a good look at these trim pieces. I thought they were JC Whitney specials but they look made for the doors, yet build sheet doesn't mention them can anyone confirm?
Thanks!

Very popular item both factory and aftermarket, the ones offered by the aftermarket back in the day were also of very good fit/quality, not like the generic crap of today....factory door pcs were often supplied by this vendor:

Nacho-RT74

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

bill440rt

I have a pair, NOS.
No packaging or original wrappers but they are genuine NOS pieces.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

AKcharger

ADELL..that's what I got. nice but I think it breaks up the lines a bit. not sure if I'll keep them

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: AKcharger on September 13, 2020, 11:11:21 PM
ADELL..that's what I got. nice but I think it breaks up the lines a bit. not sure if I'll keep them

agreed... Preffer to use a color matched vinyl windlace... IF ANYTHING, althought it also breaks up the lines but less noticeable
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

paironines

I like the look of those door edge protectors and I have a set for my car but they scratch or wear the paint when installed.