News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Sent my ‘69 Charger 1300+ miles for body/paint work! (Updated!)

Started by rikubot, October 02, 2020, 10:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darbgnik

Getting close now! Or at least it starts to look like it when they start re-hanging panels.....
Brad

1970 Charger 500. Born a 318, AC, console auto, now 440/727
Build thread:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,127291.0.html

rikubot

Quote from: darbgnik on January 15, 2021, 12:38:04 AM
Getting close now! Or at least it starts to look like it when they start re-hanging panels.....

I think it's definitely over the hump! The engine bay is going to be a bear and we still havnt decided on the underside but I would really like to get that done as well.
'69 Charger, 440/727

rikubot

Here are some photos of the blocking he's done on the fenders, they were hiding a lotta dingers:

'69 Charger, 440/727

rikubot

Some metal work on the fenders:

'69 Charger, 440/727

rikubot

Fenders blocked and ready for spot epoxy:

'69 Charger, 440/727

rikubot

Both fenders primed. Rear bumper is on the way from Jegs  :2thumbs:

'69 Charger, 440/727

Dano 1

Awesome progress and really nice work. HCC is only about 1hr20min from me so it's great to see such a good shop that's close if/when I farm out the bodywork on my car.

Not that you know me at all but if you ever need/want another set of Charger owner eyes to check on the car let me know I'd be happy to take a ride.
1969 Charger 383 2bbl, R4 red, White hat special project

Check out my website for 3D printed restoration parts and accessories.
www.nextgendesignsnc.com

KurtfromLaQuinta

Yes. Nice work indeed!
I can't wait for mine to get in this stage.

rikubot

New bumper. "OER Premier" brand. Has anyone heard of them before? AMD has been out for months so we had to go with this one.

'69 Charger, 440/727

timmycharger

Looking good  :cheers:

I have not heard anything about them. I have the AMD bumpers on my 68 and they are nice from a distance but the chrome is far from perfect.

rikubot

Here are a few "before" photos of my car:

'69 Charger, 440/727

rikubot

Here are some pics of the work he did on the taillight panel and the end caps. He had to do some splitting to get the quarters to line up with the oem end caps. It's looking good!

'69 Charger, 440/727

rikubot

Getting the valance corners fixed up:

'69 Charger, 440/727

rikubot

Kevin at HCCR put together a video of the work he's done on Christine. Came out super cool!

https://youtu.be/orsBsO8RRlI
'69 Charger, 440/727

rikubot

Getting the rear end ready for some blocking:

'69 Charger, 440/727

AKcharger

looks good...might manna pop off the 1/4 panel caps, makes things a bit cleaner

70 sublime

I am following along

Interesting how much filler it usually takes to get all the gaps looking better than factory
I do not feel so bad now when working on my stuff  :2thumbs:
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

rikubot

Yeah he does a skim coat pretty much throughout. It makes for some super straight panels. Crazy how not straight brand new panels are lol.
Here's another shot from today:

'69 Charger, 440/727

hemi-hampton

Pretty much the same way I do my quarters. Somebody else welded these on, warped them :eek2:  then wanted my help to straighten them. Total Mess :eek2:  Worse I've seen. Looked good when done.

rikubot

That is looking fantastic. I do not envy you guys who take on the curves of a second gen charger. I would definitely be the guy warping panels and bugging you to fix it  :icon_smile_big:
'69 Charger, 440/727

rikubot

I got the grille finished up a little while back. It's far from perfect but it should look pretty good for a driver. If the paint stays on during a wash I'll be happy!

'69 Charger, 440/727

rikubot

Here's a few more things I've finished:

'69 Charger, 440/727

rikubot

A little bit more work done on the rear of the car. Fenders and end caps getting the finishing touches:

'69 Charger, 440/727

KurtfromLaQuinta

Nice progress!
What a nice mock up on the dash. Who needs a car?  ;)

ACUDANUT

Excellent body work. Where did you get the front nose piece ?  You better get that engine ready !!