News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I have found the widest wheel/tire combo you can put on a third gen. Many pics

Started by Paul G, May 20, 2006, 11:11:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sean

So what's the final verdict on the absolute widest tire/wheel combo we can run on 3rd Gen Chargers?

Nacho-RT74

The final verdict is dictated about how you want the stance look of your car &/or the use. If is just to get it ride by you without passengers on bench or trunk filled, just to get fun and get it to shows, you can get wider and higher, but as soon you use your car more less as a regular car the bigger will compromise the tires, suspension parts and body itself.

Aside this, the body height determined by the rear springs stance will get you on some more limits. t bars are adjustable, BUT also modifies the front spring rate allong with rear height too, getting you a bigger or smaller gap between tire and wheel opening, not just in front.

Numbers are there, so now you can match your application.

It is just allmost imposible to get a FINAL A DEFINITELLY veredict, but just some options between these numbers posted.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

73chgrSE

I'm running a 295 50 15 & I believe 4" backspace on the rear and air shocks at max. I want to get away from the air shocks and get the best shocks (coil overs or height adjustable?) that will maintain the rake and not allow it to come on the tires. Thinking about just going to a 275 60 16 and going with a wheel with 4.5 or 5" backspacing. Not many options out there.

ACUDANUT

Quote from: 73chgrSE on September 25, 2019, 12:49:12 PM
I'm running a 295 50 15 & I believe 4" backspace on the rear and air shocks at max. I want to get away from the air shocks and get the best shocks (coil overs or height adjustable?) that will maintain the rake and not allow it to come on the tires. Thinking about just going to a 275 60 16 and going with a wheel with 4.5 or 5" backspacing. Not many options out there.

I love the stance. Does not look like a Grandma car:cheers: