News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What is EBay up to?

Started by ODZKing, February 11, 2021, 03:37:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ODZKing

Has anyone seen this? I have received several emails that state they are changing their policy to get directly paid. As follows:
eBay now manages the end-to-end selling experience on our marketplace, including payments. This means:
Simpler to get paid: Receive your eBay earnings in your bank account, not your PayPal account. We will initiate payouts within two business days of payment confirmation. Simpler fees: Your eBay selling fees, expenses, and charges will be automatically deducted from your earnings before you get paid. No more PayPal payments processing fees or separate monthly fee payments!
Update your account details by February 14, 2021 to continue revising or relisting existing listings, or creating new listings.

They are asking for personal information I am not willing to give. DOB and SS for one.
And according to the conversation I just had with an agent, there is NO option. Either supply the info or you can no longer use EBAG!!!
I guess I done selling anything then.
I never had a huge amount of stuff and most of the time I really didn't make any money as I would rather see an item go to someone who needs it rather than try to retire on sales.
Frankly, this is bull****!  :rotz:

70 sublime

I am in Canada and have not heard anything about this
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

A383Wing

Bob, I have not heard anything or got any emails like that one you posted....I think you are getting phishing emails for your info

Bryan

birdsandbees

Someone working hard to get into your bank account, it's not Ebay...
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

flyinlow

timmycharger

I buy/sell lots on Ebay, have not heard about this.  What agent did you contact?

b5blue

I used PayPal to buy something on eBay and then my bank charged "international exchange fee". (For the PayPal transaction.) No amount of complaints (To all.) resolved "Why this happened?" so I don't trust them anymore, they are up to something.

ODZKing

To answer the question about phishing, I contacted Ebay by chat and used the separate, "call me" function so I had 2 separate people (albeit not from US Roll Eyes) say the same thing.
Basically we are sorry to loose you. I also got a message in my in box on EBay as well.
I am starting to wonder if it is a New York state thing as they want to track what you are making from selling stuff.
The that thief Cuomo wants his taste.
Hmm  :scratchchin:

ODZKing

To answer the question about phishing, I contacted Ebay by chat and used the separate, "call me" function so I had 2 separate people (albeit not from US Roll Eyes) say the same thing.
Basically we are sorry to loose you. I also got a message in my in box on EBay as well.
I am starting to wonder if it is a New York state thing as they want to track what you are making from selling stuff.
The that thief Cuomo wants his taste.

DUPE POST, this can be deleted

ODZKing

Does everyone have to pay tax on items either bought or sold out of NYS?  :popcrn:

will

New York is the best (worst) at making sure they get their money. If you come to New York to work temporarily you have to pay income tax to them. I can't wait to leave this God forsaken hell hole.

RallyeMike

QuoteDoes everyone have to pay tax on items either bought or sold out of NYS?  popcrn

Yes. The tax free wild west internet purchase loophole is slowly closing everywhere.

It was only a matter of time.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

John_Kunkel

Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

A383Wing

Quote from: ODZKing on February 12, 2021, 10:37:19 AM
Does everyone have to pay tax on items either bought or sold out of NYS?  :popcrn:

I have been paying sales tax on everything I have purchased from eBay and Amazon for well over a year now

Bryan

4cruzin

There are many different options for selling items these days . . I have had good luck with FB marketplace.  But in reality . . all have some sort of issues.    :eek2:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

Kern Dog

This thread started over 2 weeks ago....

JimShine

It is called "managed payments"..everybody will have to opt in. My deadline passed at the start of the year. They eventually will restrict you from posting for sale ads until you get all of the info in to managed payments.

ODZKing

Quote from: JimShine on March 05, 2021, 06:13:19 AM
It is called "managed payments"..everybody will have to opt in. My deadline passed at the start of the year. They eventually will restrict you from posting for sale ads until you get all of the info in to managed payments.
Sorry, I'm out. I am not giving them my bank account information. I may buy from ebay occasionally but otherwise I am done with them. I will find another outlet to sell stuff if need be.
It used to be a nice way for your average person to sell a couple items they don't need and make a buck or two, but it has simply become a commercials sellers haven.

Aero426

ph23vo

EBAY HATES THE "little guy" is what its about..they want only corporate sellers now as they are easy to work with and always pay!...i no longer sell there ...

nvrbdn

I agree, I had a top seller status at ebay until they notified me that they were changing the way people pay and that I would receive my money from different means of payment, no longer just paypal. So the money would go directly into my account as soon as the transaction was completed. I decided to opt out from selling on ebay. Now all my kids use something called Venmo. I have no idea what that is.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

ODZKing

Quote from: nvrbdn on April 11, 2021, 05:13:02 PM
I agree, I had a top seller status at ebay until they notified me that they were changing the way people pay and that I would receive my money from different means of payment, no longer just paypal. So the money would go directly into my account as soon as the transaction was completed. I decided to opt out from selling on ebay. Now all my kids use something called Venmo. I have no idea what that is.
According to the internet:
Venmo is a mobile payment service owned by PayPal. Venmo account holders can transfer funds to others via a mobile phone app; both the sender and receiver have to live in the U.S. It handled $159 billion in transactions in the first quarter of 2018