News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

3Xgreen shortly after I got her circa 2000

Started by triple_green, April 01, 2021, 12:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

triple_green

I believe this was after I painted and put anew top on, but before exhaust tips and "fatty" magnum 500s
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

triple_green

Here's what it looks like now

timmycharger

:cheers: :drool5:

Love it! thanks for sharing! Mine was triple green as well, F3.. I kind of miss that color now :scratchchin:

Kern Dog

:2thumbs:

That is a great looking car. The wider wheels and tires is a MUST with these cars.

VegasCharger

BDF

69 OUR/TEA

Green is one of my favorite colors , your car is one of my favorites here !!! I love it in the circa pic with hubcaps !!!!

XH29N0G

Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

triple_green

reminds me of another obscure factoid. The 383 HP cars came with duel 2.25" exhaust and HP manifolds but not exhaust tips, which of course I added. Also that they had the "unsilenced" air cleaner, but no pie tin, but I got tired of people asking if it was a 440 (not really), so I added a 383 4 barrel pie tin, also.

XH29N0G

I had the same turn down dual exhaust on my 70.  I have tips now, but I kind of liked the look of the turn down exhaust. 
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

VegasCharger

Quote from: triple_green on April 03, 2021, 01:15:05 PM
reminds me of another obscure factoid. The 383 HP cars came with duel 2.25" exhaust and HP manifolds but not exhaust tips, which of course I added. Also that they had the "unsilenced" air cleaner, but no pie tin, but I got tired of people asking if it was a 440 (not really), so I added a 383 4 barrel pie tin, also.

WOW thanks!!! I've been beating my brains on the pie tin thing. I seen no evidence of a pie tin resting on my unsilenced air cleaner but was not sure if there was supposed to be one there.

As far as the exhaust turn downs, my '68 has turn downs immediately after the mufflers which I believe are not stock but who knows?? It's originally a CA car. I will add the tail pipes and the exhaust tips.