News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Couple of A/C Questions

Started by Calif240, June 12, 2021, 10:11:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calif240

Hey guys... my A/C is a full replacement for Classic Auto Air and blew ice-cold last year before going in the garage for the winter. It now doesn't blow cold. I have a couple of questions related to the overall A/C system...

Mine is an original A/C car, 1969 Charger, so my controls are original controlling the valves and electrical.

1) When the system is "off", should the A/C compressor still be running? The clutch on the A/C compressor is spinning when the system is "off", or turned on "A/C" or "Max A/C". It stops when turned to "heat" or "defrost".

2) My temp control is the push/pull type, so should it be colder when the temp is pushed toward the nose, or should it be hotter when the temp button is pushed toward nose?

I was gonna just double check some of the electrical and valve/vaccuum switch before calling Classic Auto Air, as it was working awesome last year.

Thanks,
Terry
Indianapolis '69 Charger. RestoMod.

Nacho-RT74

1. No, just on when A/C or Max A/C

2. Dunno, I'm not on push kind buttons but usually, the lever activation goes from cold to hot.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

John_Kunkel

The clutch engaged in OFF sounds like a faulty control switch.

Pushing the TEMP button forward increases the heat.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Calif240

Indianapolis '69 Charger. RestoMod.

b5blue

The system can use A/C to dry out the air before heating it in defrost.  :scratchchin: