News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rear window SS trim install - '69 Charger clip alignment... ?

Started by chargernut69, June 28, 2021, 07:00:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargernut69

Well, I'm getting ready to install the vinyl top on my '69 Charger (non 500) ...  & realized that I forgot to drill the holes for the rear SS trim clips after I replaced the sail panels long ago.

So guess I need to find out the location of the clips ....   I found some other threads for the location of the clips, but seems that there are several different dimension drawings as to where they go.

Also, are the clips installed flush with the bottom of the metal edge around the rear window  ?

One more thing, on the bottom edge of the widow ---  does the rear SS trim clip onto the short 1/4 pieces at the bottom ?   or does it clips to the straight pieces ?   
Want to get the alignment correct so I don't try to clip the wrong trim piece... 

Any help appreciated  ....    Jack

chargernut69

-- update --  I took a stab at the locations of the clips based on the other threads ....   

How does this look ?   What about the lower corners -- is this correct location for clips ?

chargernut69

Well, after talking with the folks on B-Bodies group...   I think I have arrived at the following version ---   :2thumbs:

Refer to marked up photo -- 

70 sublime

Are you sure you have the proper corner piece on the proper side ?
Kind of a big gap ?
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

chargernut69

Yeah, I think I'm going to have to do some bending of the trim to make it fit.... 

The sail panels are not aligned perfectly I guess. 

Roger 68 charger

68 charger RT 505"
70 cuda
99 Durango

chargernut69

Not sure about '68 version, would think it would be the same...

Final version where I drilled holes  --   :wave:

AKcharger

Quote from: chargernut69 on June 30, 2021, 01:51:52 PM
Yeah, I think I'm going to have to do some bending of the trim to make it fit.... 

The sail panels are not aligned perfectly I guess. 

Did you use one of those "repair patches" for the corner? if so that's your problem, they are made wrong...ask me how I know  :smilielol: