News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

AC system adjustment?

Started by euroZ06, August 03, 2021, 11:46:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

euroZ06

So i guess when my car was getting restored, they installed the AC system/box at an angle. This causes the condensate to leak into the cabin, instead of the copper tubes into the engine bay. When I park the car at an incline/decline, the condensate drains no problem. I can actually see the copper tubes are bent upward a bit, cause the ac system sits a bit low/declined.

Is there any adjustments that could be made to raise the ac/box up a bit? Can anyone do a step by step for me?
68 charger, 383, 727, 3.55

timmycharger

is this an aftermarket A/C unit? if so the one I use (Classic Auto Air) has mounting tabs that you could re position but it would be a lot of work to get up in there.

euroZ06

Quote from: timmycharger on August 03, 2021, 11:52:35 AM
is this an aftermarket A/C unit? if so the one I use (Classic Auto Air) has mounting tabs that you could re position but it would be a lot of work to get up in there.

good question, but I don't think its aftermarket. It looks brand new underneath, but I think this is just a refreshed stock unit.
68 charger, 383, 727, 3.55