News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1973 Charger max wheel and tire sizes and aluminium wheels

Started by FI-Charger73SE, September 15, 2021, 01:40:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FI-Charger73SE

HI, have 12 inch wilwood front and 12 inch baaer back and looking new wheels and tires. Car still in the body grill why cannot measure anything so lets see what kind of sets we have here.

Currently 295/50/15 back and that works with the Baer brakes but looking whats the max size with longest lip to rear, no changes in the body.
- wheel size 15x10?
- Offset ?
- Back Space?
- tire at the minium 295/150/15 but also looking tires that also works in the track and not only strip

Same for front
- wheelsize 15x8?
- offset ?
- backspace?
- tire now 235/60/15 but can be little bit bigger one.

looking like but must be 15 and fit to the existing brakes size in both side.
-  Weld Racing Prostar Polished Wheels
- Cragar Chrome Street Pro Wheels
- Center Line Convo Pro Series Polished
- Rocket Racing Injector Polished Wheels
- American racing VN450 Hopster polished

Also if know that any of those wheels does not fit to Baaer and Wilwood 12 inch disk brakes and must move to 17inch appreciate that and pictures with those wheels on 73 charger

petri

Cheers
Petri

Nacho-RT74

About tires size and rims fitting, there is a thread around written by Paul_G which is a very good testimonial and experiment about what he got as the max size posible without mods at least on rear. I don't have the time right now to search for it, but make the search.

But the disc brake setup and rim diameter accepting that is not on that thread. However I think still could be helpfull making the maths.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html