News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Restoring 69 c500 need to decide on color

Started by Shelby67air, March 07, 2022, 06:38:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shelby67air

Car was R4, but I really like the orange. Does a color change really hut the value??

b5blue

Long ago I sold off my 65 rag top Mustang. I couldn't restore it to it's baby blue original color.   :o

Shelby67air

Shelby67air

Alaskan_TA

You mentioned "Restoring".

You can uses a search engine for a definition of 'restore'.

If you change anything, it becomes a custom build, not a restoration.  :shruggy:

C500

"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

Sgt Superbird

I know this isn't a poll, but keep it the original color. With so few 500s, I think you'd be doing a disservice to it if you changed it up. Also, if I was in the market (for any desirable Mopar), I'd want it the original color. :Twocents:

JB400

If it was green, I'd say paint it orange.  Being red, keep it red

70 sublime

Your car do what you want
If you are going to keep it for ever and want to paint it Panther Pink go for it
If it is just a car that you will have for a couple of years and get bored with it and sell it to get something else paint it the original colour will make it worth more
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

RallyeMike

The amount of impact to value depends somewhat on other factors such as engine/trans, options, numbers-matching parts, etc. My input is.... the more original the car is, the more financial reason to keep it R4.

Also remember, you'll have some explaining to do to St. Peter if you paint it orange.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Wingnut426

Paint it ORANGE? NO! If you wanted a General Lee, you should just buy one! LOL! WINGNUT
HEMI Daytona Convertible

Shelby67air

Yea looks like R4 will be the color. It's been off the road so long I think the factory color will be better. Never get rid of my cars. My shelby was color swapped before I got her. Love the white with the blue.

Shelby67air

C500 had black stripe and I was told recall wheels. I want to keep the black stripe but put on painted wheels with dog dish's.

hemi68charger

1. Will it hurt the value? Yes
2. Your car do as you wish.................. If you do Orange I would go with the Omaha Orange since you are deviating from original. The V2 is, as Pete eluded to, would make it look "Generalized"...

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

hemi68charger

Quote from: Shelby67air on March 08, 2022, 11:09:18 AM
C500 had black stripe and I was told recall wheels. I want to keep the black stripe but put on painted wheels with dog dish's.

Even if your C500 was coded W23 (Kelsey-Hayes recalls), I doubt it left Creative on them let along got to Creative with them. I used to own the 614 car, Press Release car in the very first patch of 500s made. It was coded W23, but left with black steelies and full 15" wheels covers.......
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

timmycharger

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on March 07, 2022, 07:46:14 PM
You mentioned "Restoring".

You can uses a search engine for a definition of 'restore'.

If you change anything, it becomes a custom build, not a restoration.  :shruggy:

You can uses?  hmm, might want to check out that search engine yourself  :hah: :nana:

aerolith

Wow that's a serious hack job on the quarter and wheelhouse!

If it was my car I would go B5 blue...

R4 is just not me and never will be.

Mine is F8 and F8 is where she will be forever lol...
Never send to know, for whom the bell tolls,
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

aerolith

I also like Silver but the wife says ''NO'', so F8 it is, lol...

Would have to be a red stripe to match the tires...
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

hemigeno

Quote from: Shelby67air on March 08, 2022, 11:09:18 AM
I was told recall wheels

What's the VIN sequence -164196?  That seems pretty late for W23 to still be on the Broadcast Sheet (which I'm figuring is not with the car).

Steelies, dog dish 'caps and red stripe tires would be a great combination. :Twocents:

aerolith

IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

aerolith

Off piste BLUE!
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

aerolith

This was the first 500 I ever saw!

I like white and it does grow on you, especially HEMI white...

Do the white steels 'hurt or enhance' this fine 500? :slap:
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

aerolith

I like GREEN too...

But this green, not so sure?
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

aerolith

OK one more just to confuse you to Mopar madness lol...
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

aerolith

Sorry last one and a metallic...

Don't know the colour, but its very shiny and coolio... :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623