News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

all known bird list???

Started by DoubleDlover, July 16, 2022, 05:09:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoubleDlover

OK so i know about the list of vin numbers. 1920 of them or something like that.  But has anyone put together a list of the known survivors??

PettyMower

"Survivors" as in un-restored, or "known to still exist"?

Birdflu

I took it as "known to exist today"...

PettyMower

The registry (or registries) have been documenting "known" cars for years.

nascarxx29

Clubs started in early days compiling membership of wing car owners
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

DoubleDlover

Yes. I meant just ones that have been found. Still around. Not crushed.  So how does one get a list of known birds still around??

nascarxx29

Not easily done try the clubs .I usually check auction results including vins and various posts
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Homerr

You are welcome to use the data from the registry in my sig to come up with the number of survivors.   :cheers:

Alaskan_TA

One could be reported today, destroyed by fire or a bad accident right after.

There are also cars off the radar, so there is really no way to know how many are still alive on any given day.

There are also cases of the numbers from dead cars being used to VIN swap other bodies.......

So an accurate list of real cars that still survive on any given day would be close to impossible.

TexasDave

I'm glad this topic of Bird numbers has been brought up and maybe we can generate some discussion.  We love our Birds and most of us are happy to register our information with the clubs that have some type of register.  I have often wondered what has become of that valuable information who is compiling the data and what is being done with the information?    If the entities having Bird registration sites are not compiling the information and providing some type of report, what are they doing with the information?  Why have a registration if nothing is done with the information? 
I know other sites such as the T/A AAR registry has updated, very useful data and that information is available.  It is very well established and provides great information regarding numbers, colors, options, etc.  without revealing confidential type of information.   I checked one club that has a wing car registry and it looks like it was last updated in 2012.
I feel that if we provide information about our cars, the collector of the information should have some responsibility to the  contributors and other people  who love these cars to provide some basic data from their registration.  It is hard to believe that there is no single place to obtain basic data about the number of birds, colors, maybe options, etc.  Importantly, because of the value of these cars, some type of central source of information could be valuable in combating clones, rebodies, etc.
I understand that it would take time, energy and technology to establish and monitor a credible Superbird (or a general category of wing cars?) registration site, but the results would be appreciated by our mopar community.