News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Charger Tire and Wheel Question????

Started by devjas, April 03, 2023, 04:50:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

devjas

Hi Group, I have (4) P235/75 R15 Redline Coker's that I want to put on my 69 Charger and I want to order plain stock rims and do the Dog Dish look... Will a 15x7 wheel with a 4" backspace work or will I have an issue with rubbing etc.. The reason for the 15 instead of the 14 is I wanted a bit more of an aggressive  look...Thanks

C500

Hi, you may have a tiny bit of rubbing on the top inner edge of the front wheel arches. Depends on how your torsion bars are adjusted. I have 245/60/15's on 15x7 steel wheels and get a very slight rub. My car may be slightly lower than stock though.
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."