News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Questions about mounting Daytona nosecone (clone)

Started by Daytona313, June 08, 2006, 01:53:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona313

I'm starting to test fit my fiberglass nose cone from Janak. Does
anyone have any pictures showing how they mounted the nose cone?

Also I've got some questions:
How the nosecone mounts to the Z brackets?

Looking at the mopar schematic they show a cross member, is that the
same one as on the Charger or do I need to fabricate one?

The mopar schematic shows moldings, can I buy those some where?

What is the distance between the fenders and the nosecone?

Any help or pictures of the process would be appreciated!

Howie

Look on the next page listing (Installing the nose on howies nascar creation). Hot Rod has started to install my nose and there are some pictures loaded.  He has stopped working on it to finish his Hemi powered convertible challenger. Yes there is a brace that connects the nose channel brackets together that the nose and lower valance also bolts to.

hotrod98

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,13142.0.html

Unfortunately, I haven't had the time to work on Howie's car lately. Busy trying to finish a project started 10 years ago.
There are several pieces that make up the nose assembly. You will need the frame braces, a cross brace, a valance, a latch tray, two z-braces as well as the seals and headlamp components.

Check out the other Larry's progress (daytonalo). He's actually way ahead of me. He's using a different brand of nose, but the same basic principals apply.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,12157.0.html

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

hotrod98

Charles Addams

Howie

hotrod98

Howard,
I guess you and the kid are going out to the movies tonight. I'm one of those guys that just waits for the DVD to come out. I mean, that's what the big screen tv's are for, right?
Sandra came home from shopping a few nights ago with a big bag full of the blue superbird cars from the movie. When she sees any mopar with a wing on it, she buys it. Should make for one heck of a display in the new shop.

Charles Addams

Daytona313

Thanks for the help! those other two thread are great!

Right now I have the nosecone, z brackets, latch tray, bulkhead braces, bottom vallance.

What other parts will I need? Can I make the parts myself?

I'd love to see how and where the nosecone bolts on.

Howie

You will need the headlight doors, buckets, and pivot brackets for your headlight assy. Do you have the braces that bolt to your body and extend out the front like bumper brackets?
Before you start on your fenders look at the lower valance and you will see that it is not straight and has a slight curve to it. You will see where Larry made a tool to get the right shape and best fit for the fender to lower valance.

Daytona313

Yeah, I've got all the head light door and bucket parts. Right now I'm just trying to figure out mounting the nosecone.

Looking at this picture:

I have the braces, the two parts in the middle. I'm hoping someone can help me with info on the pieces on the top and bottom. Sizes and pictures of installation. Janak didn't want to sell those two parts with out the braces and I already had the braces so I didn't but them, I'm hoping I can just make them.

Also on the blow up schematic in Janaks catalog it shows 2 moldings that look to bolt to the cross member. Ted doesn't sell them and I'm hoping someone could tell me more about what they are and if they are offered somewhere.

Thanks for the help!

Howie

The two channels are bolted up just as a bumper. The small holes in the chanel face out and bolt to the T brace that you have on the bottom. The 4 or 5 slots in the T brace line up with the holes in the bottom of the nose and the foreward part of the lower valance. Then  the Z brakets are bolted to the channels.  The top brace is welded to the core support and provides the flange for the rear of the latch tray. That in which also bolts to the tops of the z brackets and the top of the nose.  Hope that helps some.

Howie

:popcrn:By the way CARS was a great movie  and the voice of the wrecker is none other than giterdone!.