News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Restoring your VIN tag...

Started by Charger Aficionado, July 08, 2006, 01:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger Aficionado

Is there a way to restore the Chrysler PENTASTAR and words "chrysler corporation" on the VIN tag?  Does some resto shop make decals of those???

JimShine

I have seen a dry rub on transfer that fixes these, but you need to provide proof the VIN is correct for the car and then its like $40 for the transfer. I can search around for the place that does it if you are still interested.

jaak

I think performance car graphics, I think thats the name in Florida, makes a decal to stick on your VIN tag

Jason

Charger Aficionado

Quote from: JimShine on July 08, 2006, 04:45:15 PM
I have seen a dry rub on transfer that fixes these, but you need to provide proof the VIN is correct for the car and then its like $40 for the transfer. I can search around for the place that does it if you are still interested.

So you send the VIN in?  I have trouble wanting to remove one...  I'll just keep looking for something... Perf Car Graphics?  I'll inquire there and see if I find any info...   

Thanks guys...  Anyone else?

73rallye440magnum

I think jaak is right, performance car graphics has a decal you can buy. Charger Aficionado, I dont think I'd send an XX Vin out in the mail...
Current- 70 Charger XH29G Y3, F8, F8

Past- '73 Rallye U code, '69 Coronet 500 vert, '68 Roadrunner clone, XP29H8, XP29G8

Charger Aficionado

Quote from: 73rallye440magnum on July 09, 2006, 02:32:12 PM
I think jaak is right, performance car graphics has a decal you can buy. Charger Aficionado, I dont think I'd send an XX Vin out in the mail...

Heh... Nope.  You know I don't even have the heart to remove it.  I think it's better in it's original condition...  I'm gonna have Galen "Inspect" it beforehand anyway...  I'll take care of it while it's on...  That particular Vin belongs to that burnt Daytona that was on eBay...