News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

World cup thread, hey Nacho what happened in Venezuela?

Started by 73dodge, July 10, 2006, 03:38:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

73dodge

So the only reason I posted was because I wanted to ask Nacho if he was able to find shelter from the hail of bullets fired into the air by the deranged Italian football fans that live in Caracas?

I was in Caracas in 1982 the last time the Italians won the world cup and the place looked like Detroit after the pistons won the NBA Championship, expect they used machine guns to fire the rounds into the air and Caracas is like 5 times larger than Detroit and 100 more dangerous.

So Nacho what happend in Caracas
Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store NOT a government agency!

Ponch ®

hahah @ "detroit fans"

I was down in Hollywood yesterday and decided to drive through the Sunset Strip on my way back home. At every intersection there were people standing in the corners waving their italian flags and cars full of sopranos extra lookalikes stopped in the middle of the street yelling.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

greenpigs

I'm glad it is over so all the guys at work from Vietnam can get some sleep now.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Neal_J

Soccer fans just don't know how to properly party/riot...

Neal J,

Raider Fan

69bananabeast

1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

73dodge

Quote from: 69bananabeast on July 10, 2006, 07:13:20 PM
still P O'd  about Brazil losing

Uhh you must mean Spain or Venezuela I don't think he really cares about Brazil...............
Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store NOT a government agency!

73dodge

Quote from: Ponch on July 10, 2006, 03:45:59 PM
hahah @ "detroit fans"

I was down in Hollywood yesterday and decided to drive through the Sunset Strip on my way back home. At every intersection there were people standing in the corners waving their italian flags and cars full of sopranos extra lookalikes stopped in the middle of the street yelling.

Was a little old lady dressed in black about 3 feet tall hunched over wearing a black shawl there too? Gotta have at least one of those at every Italian get together.

Yea probably looked like the last Italian wedding I went to, reminded me of the opening scene of the first Godfather movie. Bunch of pasainos slapping each other on the back with their shirts unbuttoned half way down thier chest with a gold chains pinky rings, and enough hair grease to put Saudi Arabia out of business. And what Italian get to gether would be complete without the theme song from the godfather playing over and over in the background. 

Come to think of it, that looks like just about every family reunion I have been to in my familia over the last 40 years..............

Nacho-RT74

OF COURSE.. BIG PARTY DOWN HERE I was just a kid on 82, But I think actually parties about sports are BIGGER than those days... Las Mercedes urbanization ( where discoteques and all night places are ) was a complete party. we can say Las mercedes streets was the biggets parking lot in the world that night LOL No one street was free.

We must to think that Venezuela similar to USA is a Giant inmigration mixed country, starting with Spanish, Italians and Portuguese citicens that come after the Civil war and second world war. I'm son of that inmigration and of course all new generations celebrate the origin countries victories down here same like we are there. Spanish is the larger comunity here so I can't imagine if Spain wins someday in the future.

Like a consolation, Spain was named as the fair and the more beautifull play team of the worlcup... who cares right now if we did nothing.

I never get closer to Las Mercedes, since I wanted France wins, in that way I could say Spain was eliminated from the world cup champion LOL, and because I don't like Italy on football.

Brazil.... I HATE BRAZIL... becasue brazilians players, citicens and also Venezuelans that sell their soul to Brazil on Football and feel like Brazil Victory is also our victory. GRRRRRRRRRRR. They don't remember on Brazil-Venezuela Match sometime ago, Brazilian ppl throw insults for a while Venezuelan hymn was being played on the stadium... where is the Venezuelan pride ?

There is several reasons more why I don't like Brazil that I won't touch here... just tell one. When Mazinho ( Brazilian midfilder on USA 94 world cup ) broke the head to a USA Midfilder that I don't remember the name... Brazil is not a fair play team.

Since Spain was out I only did care was Brazil, Argentina and Italy was out... however If I have to choose one of those, I preffer Italy. Sorry I'm European Fan.

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

73dodge

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on July 11, 2006, 02:10:23 AM
OF COURSE.. BIG PARTY DOWN HERE I was just a kid on 82, But I think actually parties about sports are BIGGER than those days... Las Mercedes urbanization ( where discoteques and all night places are ) was a complete party. we can say Las mercedes streets was the biggets parking lot in the world that night LOL No one street was free.

We must to think that Venezuela similar to USA is a Giant inmigration mixed country, starting with Spanish, Italians and Portuguese citicens that come after the Civil war and second world war. I'm son of that inmigration and of course all new generations celebrate the origin countries victories down here same like we are there. Spanish is the larger comunity here so I can't imagine if Spain wins someday in the future.

Intresting you say that because my Grandparents and parents migrated to Venezuela in the 50's I missed being born in Venezuela by a little more than a year. Then  my parents migrated to the US in the early 60's, LEGALLY BY THE WAY, earned their citizenship and became AMERICAN not Italian-American, and as I have said before I still have aunts, uncles and cousins in Caracas and up till last year my grandparents lived in Los Teques.

I was there in 1982 and I remember the streets were EMPTY during the world cup match and after Italy won the place exploded and there were throngs of people in the streets. I did not think a Native venezuealan existed at that time I just figured the country was Italy on the other side of the world. I can say this though, you venezuealans can parte'. 

By the way Nacho I turned down a job working for LaVictoria Cheese after highschool my uncle wanted to give me a store to own and sell his cheese. I was 18 and did not want to relocate to Caracas, but after thinking about it after seeing all the cool old MOPARS that you guys had down there I would have loved to work there for a year and start sending old Coronets and Chargers back to the states.

Sorry about Spain but hey I am glad France did not win PERIOD.....

If I were the French caption I would be worried someone would give me the Colombian treatment after that loss. After Colombia lost a match in footbal they killed the goalie for losing the game for them. The guy who shot him yelled GOAL, GOAL, GOAL after each shot he fired into the guys chest. 

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: 73dodge on July 11, 2006, 08:51:52 AM
I was there in 1982 and I remember the streets were EMPTY during the world cup match and after Italy won the place exploded and there were throngs of people in the streets. I did not think a Native venezuealan existed at that time I just figured the country was Italy on the other side of the world. I can say this though, you venezuealans can parte'.   

Was the same... every world cup is the same no matter the match... Venezuelans allways  choose a favourite even without anykind of relationship and if wins THEN GO TO PARTY LOL...

Is just an excuse to party.... hahaha, like if is necesary down here LOL.

Trust me, Las Mercedes Urbanization was colapsed as the meeting point. But anyway was "WORST" when Brazil won last world cup. And same when Caracas Lions won the Local Baseball league last season and after that THE CARIBEAN SERIES. THAT WAS MAD. but still think was even more Mad when Brazil won. SHAME...

P.S.: La Victoria Cheese factory is a VERY GOOD ONE...

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html

Ponch ®

I did not think a Native venezuealan existed at that time I just figured the country was Italy on the other side of the world.

That's more like Argentina. One morning I was half asleep with the TV on waiting for a game to start, and when they were reading the starting line-ups I thought Italy was about to play. BTW - Argentina gets honorable mention for having the coach with the best name - Pekerman.

BTW - I'm also glad that France did not win, though I was a big fan of theirs for about a day or two when they beat those arrogant Brazilians, whom I hate even more. My friend had the best line about France though - she said "I was surprised when they came out wearing white jerseys and they werent waving them in the air".
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

73dodge

Quote from: Ponch on July 12, 2006, 12:20:43 AM
  I did not think a Native venezuealan existed at that time I just figured the country was Italy on the other side of the world.
My friend had the best line about France though - she said "I was surprised when they came out wearing white jerseys and they werent waving them in the air".

:lolexplode:

Oh MAN that's funny

nh_mopar_fan

I'm not a soccer fan but I think the idea of deciding the winner of the world cup with a shoot out is just plain stupid.

Imagine, the SuperBowl tied at the end of regulation. Both teams sens their offense and their defense to the sidelines and the kickers go out there and kick FG to decide the thing.

Imagine, the World Series is tied after 9 innings in game 7. Both teams take their teams off the field and the game is decided by a home run derby.

What's next for soccer? Rock, paper, scissors to decide the champs?

Puh-lease. and they wonder why most of the US doesn't give a damn.

Ponch ®

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on July 12, 2006, 09:01:52 AM
I'm not a soccer fan but I think the idea of deciding the winner of the world cup with a shoot out is just plain stupid.

Imagine, the SuperBowl tied at the end of regulation. Both teams sens their offense and their defense to the sidelines and the kickers go out there and kick FG to decide the thing.

Imagine, the World Series is tied after 9 innings in game 7. Both teams take their teams off the field and the game is decided by a home run derby.

I think the better analogy would be to have Game 7 of the NBA finals decided by free throws. Think of the possibilities - both teams have made all of their shots, and then Shaq (or some other overrated/overhyped player) comes to the free throw line with the championship at stake. now THAT would be intense.

It's not that deciding the world cup final that way is stupid - thats the rule for all elimination world cup games. The only thing that I don't understand is why they did away with the Golden Goal (ie. first to score wins, like in hockey) when they are in OT. If anything, penalty kicks are exciting because they involve fundamentals of both shooting and goalkeeping.

It could be worse. In some leagues that have playoffs or in major international tournaments (like the European Club Championship) sometimes they decide who moves on to the next round by some stupid factor like goal difference (ie. whichever of the two teams has scored more goals) or regular season seed. In some places they even go as far as making goals scored by the visiting team count more in the overall score (when they play two games - one at home for each team)

dodgecharger-fan

Quote from: 73dodge on July 10, 2006, 08:46:38 PM
Quote from: Ponch on July 10, 2006, 03:45:59 PM
hahah @ "detroit fans"

Was a little old lady dressed in black about 3 feet tall hunched over wearing a black shawl there too? Gotta have at least one of those at every Italian get together.

Yea probably looked like the last Italian wedding I went to, reminded me of the opening scene of the first Godfather movie. Bunch of pasainos slapping each other on the back with their shirts unbuttoned half way down thier chest with a gold chains pinky rings, and enough hair grease to put Saudi Arabia out of business. And what Italian get to gether would be complete without the theme song from the godfather playing over and over in the background. 

Come to think of it, that looks like just about every family reunion I have been to in my familia over the last 40 years..............

You'd like my neighbourhood. Every other house belongs to someones' "Nona."

73dodge

Quote from: Ponch on July 12, 2006, 01:24:33 PM

I think the better analogy would be to have Game 7 of the NBA finals decided by free throws. Think of the possibilities - both teams have made all of their shots, and then Shaq (or some other overrated/overhyped player) comes to the free throw line with the championship at stake. now THAT would be intense.

It's not that deciding the world cup final that way is stupid - thats the rule for all elimination world cup games. The only thing that I don't understand is why they did away with the Golden Goal (ie. first to score wins, like in hockey) when they are in OT. If anything, penalty kicks are exciting because they involve fundamentals of both shooting and goalkeeping.

It could be worse. In some leagues that have playoffs or in major international tournaments (like the European Club Championship) sometimes they decide who moves on to the next round by some stupid factor like goal difference (ie. whichever of the two teams has scored more goals) or regular season seed. In some places they even go as far as making goals scored by the visiting team count more in the overall score (when they play two games - one at home for each team)

Don't they decide matches in Hockey by shootout? I am not sure whether I am in favor or against the shootout. It would seem to me that you play your heart out for an hour and in the end it boils down to how good your goalie is. It kinda makes all your hard work you did in the last hour seem meaningless. But it is a skills match between player and goalie and your best guys against one guy you better have the best dang goalie in the world. 

I would think that if you are tied and the decision in basketball comes down to a Shaq free throw I know the other team/fans would start celebrating even before he puts up the first BRICK....... But hey who needs to be able to make free throws when you are making 100million a year. Just pay someone else to make them for you hehehe

You'd like my neighbourhood. Every other house belongs to someones' "Nona."

Hey that's what my kids call my mom......  makes me miss my nonna :'(

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: 73dodge on July 12, 2006, 07:57:05 AM
Quote from: Ponch on July 12, 2006, 12:20:43 AM
My friend had the best line about France though - she said "I was surprised when they came out wearing white jerseys and they werent waving them in the air".

:lolexplode:

Oh MAN that's funny

I didn't get the joke.

Guys I won't discuss about football eliminatiosn rules, however some opinions:

I'm agree with you... I don't like the penalties shoot either since is not fair to ALL the team and ALL THE COUNTRY. Looser team could be the best playing however for same reasons, tired legs can be fail easily. I was a football player when kid and was on that way. But beside decide with another match, is the only way by now.

There is already a silimar way... A COIN in case after a 4 teams round match there is still a tie.
clasifications rules on a WORLDCUP ( another championships are different in order )are in order:

-Points... in tied case then:
-Goals difference...in tied case then:
-More favor goals...in tied case then:
-Direct match between tied teams on table winner...in tied case then:
-COIN.

I think has been just one case in history when this case arrived to coin.

On UEFA championships there is another factors involved on clasifictations order like home and visitor results since there is two games on every match except the final, and more visitors goals pass over the other when there is a tie after the two games goals account on a round match or just two teams involved on a direct clasification.

Quote from: Ponch on July 12, 2006, 01:24:33 PM

I don't know why they did away with gold and also silver goals... They were only a proof on clubs and European Cup, but don't know. Silver goal was similar to the Golden Goal, but with difference that you had to wait the extra time ends ( if you made the goal on first extra time for example )

About Champions league and Uefa and also about difference goals ( and visitors goals )... I like that since becomes on  a TEAM has to play with more regularity and quality, making GOALS to guaratee its clasfification on every game... even you don't eliminate speculation on game about final score with just win a match for one goal, you have to keep playing good if you need for example 4 goals to pass to win goals difference beside JUST THE GAME. After that, this is all about MORE GOALS.