News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dual carb tuning

Started by lilwendal, July 31, 2006, 11:36:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lilwendal

A was looking for some input on how different people run there 2 four set ups.  I just fired it up for the first time yesterday and now I'm into the tunning stages. This car will not be raced but I would like it set up to perform. What I currently have is a crate 426 with dual aftermarket AFB 1406 with a progressive linkage between the carbs. The 2 carbs are rated at 600 CFM each. I know in total this a little much for the 426 but with the progressive link the second carb doesnt come into play till after about 50% throttle. So for most of my around town driving I mostly will be on the first carbs primary circuit. I dont know if I should shorten up the progressive link and jet down the primary side of each carb and add a stiffer step up spring to delay the secondaries.  This would give me even flow through both carbs equally at all stages of acceleration.  Or the original progressive setup with the main carb remaining at current jetting and then jetting down the second carb.  I always wondered about how efficiently the fuel is disburst to the front cylinders when your running on just the aft carb.  If anyone has a tried and true needle and jet set up that works please let me know and I'll give it a try.
Thanks, Mike

Chryco Psycho

using the rear carb for the low end driving generally distribues relatively well