News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Year One Harness for 68-70 Charger with Electronic Ignition

Started by RT DAVE, August 01, 2006, 08:40:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RT DAVE

Here's another stupid question from me, but what Alternator, Ballast Resistor & whatever else do I need to get to use the above harness without hacking into it?   I had somebody install the Electronic Conversion kit a few years back and just now got a new harness.   The guy I was going to have install it said it wouldn't work.  I don't really know what I have under the hood right now as the car once had a 76 motor in it along with whatever accesories were on it.   Basically, it's all a big mess right now and I'm having trouble identifying what I need.  Thanks for any input.   
68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT

8WHEELER

I run the repro electronic ign with tach wire, wire harness. They are a great harness, correct wire colors as well.

This is where I have had my ign box for 26yrs, never had a problem.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Plumcrazy

You probably have everything you need.  Control box, single resistor and electronic distributor.   Depending on where the ECU and resistor are mounted you should be able to just plug everything in.

The only problem you may run into is if you've also converted a 68-69 to an electronic voltage regulator for the alternator.
If you have, this guy can take care of that for you as well.

http://evanswiring.tripod.com/index.html

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.