News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1970 Superbird Brake Booster Detailing Question?

Started by 1970 RT/SE, August 25, 2006, 11:11:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1970 RT/SE

What is the correct detailing for a brake booster, master cylinder and cap for a 70 Superbird. Are they natural cast or painted black? Want it to look original. Thanks for any help.

hemi68charger

If it's the Bendix, power disc brakes, then it's suppose to be black....... sort of a satin finish........

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

69 OUR/TEA

I agree,it is supposed to be black,just make sure you use a durable paint like epoxy,no rattle cans,so if  brake fluid gets on it ,it won't lift off.

gtx6970

Gloss black, think of a cheap laquer gloss black. NOT the current standards for todays gloss black. By todays standards ot would be called simply   black

hemi68charger

Quote from: gtx6970 on August 26, 2006, 06:40:26 AM
Gloss black, think of a cheap laquer gloss black. NOT the current standards for todays gloss black. By todays standards ot would be called simply  gloss black

The heck with my satin, Bill's the man... Gloss it is..........

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

daytonalo

As far as brake fluid goes , even a third grader can tell you only dot 5 in a classic [ silicone ]

gtx6970

Quote from: hemi68charger on August 26, 2006, 11:55:44 AM
Quote from: gtx6970 on August 26, 2006, 06:40:26 AM
Gloss black, think of a cheap laquer gloss black. NOT the current standards for todays gloss black. By todays standards ot would be called simply  gloss black

The heck with my satin, Bill's the man... Gloss it is..........

Troy

Remember , It was laquer so don't make it to shiny. You don't want to be able to see yourself in it

Shakey

Here is a link to a thread where we discussed the Bendix booster's correct colour.

If it is a disc brake booster we are talking about, this may help.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,13667.0.html

62 Max

Its supposed to look lkike this.