News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

what was your first car

Started by REDNECK, September 11, 2006, 08:09:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68neverlate

Mine was a '69 Chevy Beaumont (2-door hardtop). 

Within a week, I'd put a shiny set of cragars on the outside and a spanking brand new 8-track inside.  Was cruising the main strip the very next weekend to BTO's takin' care of business with the windows rolled down and the volume turned up.  I thought it was the coolest thing ever... until my best friend showed me his new car a short few weeks later... an absolutely stunning '69 Dodge Charger R/T.  Man was that thing mean.... and sexy at the same time!!  Best friend a guy could ever have if you asked me... he's the reason why 3 decades later I went out and got my own Charger!   Even though, back then, he squashed my '69 Beaumont "coolest car ever" feeling in just a few short weeks!   :pity:

He's long since traded his Charger away (a few years after he got it).  Showed him mine for the first time just a few weeks ago... now he's the envious one!  Funny how time has a way of imposing it's own form of vengeance!   :icon_smile_wink:       

TX9AAR

Mine was a 68 Coronet R/T Convertible. I bought it in 81 for $2700. I still have it.
68 Coronet R/T Convertible
70 AAR Cuda
97 Ram

71gtx

in 1979 a 1974 plymouth road runner 400 4 speed :2thumbs: :coolgleamA:

1BAD68

I had a 73 Country Squire that I got from my parents when i was 14, they bought a new car and I inherited the Ford.
It was a blast (a little nerdy) but I could get about 10 of my friends in it cruise to Alpine Valley and see Ted Nugent.

SFRT

1977. I was 15 1/2 .....I had dropped out of school on the sly and had a job flipping burgers. saved every penny I made for 6 months and the day i got my license went out and bought a 65 ply\mouth sport fury III convertible from some local scumbag. black with a 'custom' tuck n roll red and black interior and one of those little lowrider steering wheels..slot mags, no brakes, a leaky top and a questionable drivers side door that had a tendency to pop open on left hand turns. 383 auto...looked like the batmoblie. drove the thing home, my dad about had a stroke and told me no way was I parking that 'skashone garbage wagon' in HIS driveway, and where the hell did I get the money??? I said no problem, packed a dufell full of my stuff and split town that night. didnt go back until 10 years later. loved that car, wrapped it around a metal light pole in the fog one night. I have a picture somewheres need to find it.
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Musicman

taxspeaker

The best chick magnet ever made-a 1968 Simca 1000. Women couldn't leave me alone, they asked me to run for Congress, named a chewing gum after me and then I woke up and it was a POS 1968 Simca 1000. Something messed up in that dream.

billssuperbird

1970 chevy nova ss 350 4 speed.

NHCharger

Corvair, not sure what year. Was giving to me by my Dad when I was in 8th grade. First car I owned that was road worthy, 68 Dart, banana yellow, /6. Real chick magnet :lol:
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

oldgold69

i was 13 when my dad gave me his 63 dodge 330 then some carnies came to town saw it ask my dad if he wanted to sell it  he did  so then i bought my own car a 63 sport fury  383 4 speed wish i still had it

Wicked72

I was 11 believe it or not. grandfather wanted me to get into something early cuz I was was a trouble maker already. So it all started with a  1970 Elcamino! Cut the crap out of my legs when I was removing the bench seat and fell through the floor..... :smilielol: good times  :icon_smile_wink:
M-Massively O-Over P-Powered A-And R-Respected

Brads70

1973 Challenger in the late 80's Sure had some fun in that car! :2thumbs:

Cooter

1967 Plymouth Belvedere II, 2dr Hdtop. auto when I was 15 back in 1987. Began with a 318, pulled it, swapped in a .040 over 360 which cracked a cylinder, then swapped in a 1968 340 .060 over, with tunnel ram and twin 500 Holley's and Direct port Fogger set on Kill....And it killed that little 340 too...But it did run pretty good till it blew[Melted pistons]...Had the quickest car at the High School 2 years in a row...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Topher

1927 Model T.

Glad to see I wasn't the only one in the 80s with a Mullet. Damn I miss my hair  :brickwall:
Topher

67 Charger 383-4spd "the Dawg"

www.headlightmotorman.com

maxwellwedge

jaak

CharcoalCharger

My 1974 Dodge Dart Sport, which I still have today.  We celebrated an anniversary of 19 years on June 27th.  Drove it through high school, beating the crap out of it.  Hit a tree after sliding off a snow covered road.  Graduated, got a job, got the body work done.  Fixed her up over the next few years and now she is a 340/727 beast that I enjoy every time I get her out.    :2thumbs:

GordonGriggs

My first car was my 1966 dodge charger my mother bought used on my 4th birthday back in 1971. I still have it.

Brock Samson

I'm always amazed when folks say mommy or daddy bought them a car when they were single digits years old,.. Shit, i had to work two jobs to afford mine.

maxwellwedge

Hey Mom and dad - can I have a car? Sure son.....but don't look at us!

That's how it went for me!  :lol:

scamper340

My first car, 1988.  '73 Challenger 318 .  Nothing special, just a really clean car with a nice paint job.  It was purchased from and painted by the same guy that painted my current project.  I caught a load of crap over the color, being being on a Marine Corps base.  But every time I drove it, somebody wanted to have go.  Sadly the car had the looks but not the goods to back it up. 

CharcoalCharger

Quote from: maxwellwedge on July 01, 2011, 10:12:07 PM
Hey Mom and dad - can I have a car? Sure son.....but don't look at us!

That's how it went for me!  :lol:

Same here.  I worked at the Burger King on the Air Force based we were stationed at.  My dad was away at Desert Storm when I bought my Dart.  I was 17 at the time.  My dad said he saw a lot of tickets in my future when he came home.  I fondly remember him taking it to work one day, and as I stood in the front yard he proceeded to do a big, smokey burnout in front of our house.  He had a huge smile, so I'm sure it brought back memories of good times for him as well. 

GordonGriggs

Quote from: Brock Samson on July 01, 2011, 08:06:02 PM
I'm always amazed when folks say mommy or daddy bought them a car when they were single digits years old,.. Shit, i had to work two jobs to afford mine.

By the time I got the car it had been sitting in the yard for 7 years and was NOT running. I cut grass, shoveled snow, and picked up cans from the roadside from the age of 15-17 just to get it running again and put it on the road. When I was 17 I got it running then got a job working at a gas station 32-36 hours a week, and I was still going to school from 8am-3pm Mon-Fri.

71wrenchhead

87 jeep cherokee, dad told me i wasnt allowed to drive til i could reassemble a car
bought the jeep, took it apart for a weekend, and told me i had a week
it was like an easter egg hunt but with car parts...........never found the hatch latching mechanism  :scratchchin:
Got slapped by my wife for keeping an engine in the bedroom........yeah, pretty much sums up my life

Dans 68

Well, my first car (that I bought) was a white '68 Bug, with a Hurst shifter and expansion chamber hanging off of the back. Drove that car throughout college. Good memories. Got almost all of my speeding tickets in that car.  :eyes:

My high school ride was the family truck, a Ford F-100 slant 6 3-spd on the column. A "rich" buddy of mine had a Mach 1 as his high school ride....

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259