News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona Clones From Around the World - Post Your Pics

Started by Daytona Guy, August 26, 2005, 01:39:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona Guy

I would like to start a list of pics of Daytona clones from across the country. It would be interesting to see how many we can come up with. This can be the first Online Daytona Clone Car Show. We need your help in posting clone pics that you have.

I will start off with my 9 clones … Keep it going…

1st - Black & Soft Gold

2nd Red & Silver

3rd Red & White

4th Petty Blue & Red

5th - Hemi Orange & White

6th White & Red / Blue & White

7th Red & White

8th Red & White

9th Yellow & White

41husk

You own 9 Daytona clones?  I would love to own 1 daytona clone!
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

mustanghater

is the white one pulling a trailorI'd love to own that one with that matching boat
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

bluesfool

triple_green

What kind of boat is that in the white picture? Chrysler Conqueror?

3X
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

mustanghater

not a clone but wanted to post pic
New Muscle car forum

ramit

All of your clones are nice but the last two you built are by far the coolest. :Twocents:

Daytona Guy

Quote from: triple_green on August 26, 2005, 02:35:47 PM
What kind of boat is that in the white picture? Chrysler Conqueror?

3X

I made 9, me and my Dad. I do not have them all now, just the Yellow. The boat is a customized G3 Glaspar. A rare collectable boat today.

hotrod98

Way too cool. I wish mine was finished so that I could post a pic.
The red and white calender car was the one that I saw first while net surfing one night a couple of years ago. It got my brain working on converting my Charger into a Daytona instead of converting my 70 GTX into a Superbird. Stupidly, I sold the GTX to a friend who resold it. Now I realize that I could have had a clone of each.   :brickwall:

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

jmanscharger

This is a 70 RT that board member "wetfeet" converted before I bought it.
1968 Silver Charger RT
1969 Yellow Charger 440
1969 Charger General Lee Replica (rescued W.VA car)
1970 Charger RT Daytona Replica
Previous Chargers Owned 66, 68(2), 69(2), 70(3)

Daytona Guy

I hope we can get some good size pics. Of course not too big that they take to long to download. ;D

Just 6T9 CHGR

Mustanghater, any other info/pics of that car to add to the registry?
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

mustanghater

New Muscle car forum

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Daytona Guy

I can't believe that there is not more Daytona clone pics out there than this. I did not know that convertable Daytona had a HEMI. They guy went into a lot of work to make that convertable. WOW.

Just 6T9 CHGR

More pics......
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

hotrod98

It's amazing how much taller the wing looks without a roofline for reference.
You would almost think that the wing is taller than a regular wing.
Actually I think that the car would look better if the wing were a little shorter since the car will be seen with the top down most of the time.
Overall though, the car looks good. I would drive it. :icon_smile_big:

Charles Addams

jaak

Daytona Guy......
That yellow clone is beautiful.... They sharpest daytona/ daytona clone i have ever seen!!! What color is that is it Viper yellow? I have always wanted a daytona clone. How much does the conversion cost ie...all daytona parts? If i ever get another charger I'd love to clone it.

Daytona Guy

It is 77 Corvette Yellow. As to the cost. It is to lengthy to get into. Does anyone have the link to the list of parts and my opinions. That would be a good link to answer this Q. Thanks for the compliments on my car. I appreciate it.

Need more pics...of clones...

cudaken

Daytona guy, I got to ask this. Why have you done 9 of them? Are you doing them and selling to make a profit for the real thing? Or do you just get bored real fast?

I will add, I wish you had found the old site say 3 year's ago before I gave up and sold what part's I had.               

Cuda Ken
I am back

Daytona Guy

We have done then since 79,80 I think. Everyone of them have a story. The early ones, like all of us, sell things for all kinds of reasons. But if you figure, 25 years, divide that by three people, it is not all that bad. We made one for my Bro. Sold one to go to College, one to buy a house, one because I wanted a different color and motor, one because a guy started one and did not want to finish and we bailed him out, one because I went through a divorce ... and the list goes on. One thing is a fact. I make them for myself (The ones for me) I will never make one for someone else. I do not do it for the money, but I have to admit it is nice that all this fun has it's benefits. I am more than willing to help others with their clones. Since I am not in it for the money, it is fun to help others and my opinions are not based on a product I am selling. The clones will end up ruling the Daytona world because the real ones seem to never get shown. I cannot tell you how many time I have heard, "This is the first Daytona I have ever seen". Then I tell them it is a clone, and hen they say, "I don't care, I finally got to see one".

mustanghater

6t9, the car is somewere in canada. it was taken to  a car show by a young guy with dreams of turning it into a daytona clone. then it dissapeared.
New Muscle car forum

cudaken

Well that explain's alot. This does not count as a clone but she was on here way. If Ted just made part's faster it would have been done! :icon_smile_dissapprove:

I had cut the 70 front fenders for the pan, did a mock up to mount the wing cut off and filled the extra reinfocments from the front of the hood and was ready to rock. Well the 4:00 AM collect call's and no part's finaly beat me.

I even made a jig so I could paint the center part the wing! When the old computer crashed I lost those PIC. Here are the few I have left. Rear Wing is real I will add.

Cuda Ken

PS, life is tuff, stuck with a Supercharged Charger. Soory if the PIC are big as well! I tried to resizes but computer changed them to TIFF PIC.
I am back

hotrod98

Looks great to me. Is the clone project still on and what direction are you going? Full conversion, partial conversion? 
Makes me want to get started on my clone, but I have to finish the chal vert first.
BTW, the car next to it looks like my 69 B5 runner.

Charles Addams

Daytona Guy

Cool pics. What you would give to get that wing back.