News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona jack hold down needed

Started by r4daytona, May 10, 2018, 10:28:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

r4daytona

Ok, this is getting like when I first got my car ... "everybody" that made reproduction said their's was the best.  I've seen hold down brackets with drilled holes, punched holes, a slightly elongated slot, ones with even radius curves at the ends and one even radius curves but with one side/end taller than the other.  Soooooo, can someone PLEASE tell me what is correct for a Daytona.  I now have an original bumper jack and want to locate the correct spot for the scissors jack to drill the hole through the floor but I want to mock them up first - so I want a correct bracket.  I have measurements of 2" wide, 4.75 from outer lip to outer, 3/16 thick, and 7/16 punched center hole.  I got these from a very reliable source but I dont know about the curves and really dont feel like going to a fab shop to have one/some made.  Any help would be appreciated.

billssuperbird

There is one on here on the parts for sale

Wingnut426

I won't go as far as saying "my repro is the best", but its pretty darn close. If you are that fussy, you better by an original.   :Twocents:
HEMI Daytona Convertible

odcics2

Need to see pics of a real one...

Punched hole, stamped part, bent sides....
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Y1CHARGER

I remember when you were talking about a jack a while back and that you didn't care so much about it being perfect and you said "If someone is that much of an ass to stick their head that far in my trunk to check the threads and rivets to pick it apart - I'd probably slam the trunk on their neck." so why so critical for the hold down? :Twocents:  :shruggy:

odcics2

Quote from: Y1CHARGER on May 12, 2018, 08:27:05 AM
I remember when you were talking about a jack a while back and that you didn't care so much about it being perfect and you said "If someone is that much of an ass to stick their head that far in my trunk to check the threads and rivets to pick it apart - I'd probably slam the trunk on their neck." so why so critical for the hold down? :Twocents:  :shruggy:

Who is this statement intended for?  The OP?

r4daytona

You are correct, I did say that about my scissors jack and how difficult it was to locate an original so I was having a very close one made which turned out great. (thank you billsuperbird)  The hold down bracket affects the location of the hole drilled into my trunk floor - if the bracket is to long, then the hole distance from the end, to the centerline of the bracket will be off, therefore I would drill the hole in the wrong location essentially.  If I find an original scissors jack and wish to spend the money on that, it's an easy swap out - having a hole drilled in my trunk floor in the wrong location isn't such an easy fix. 

hemigeno

Quote from: r4daytona on May 15, 2018, 06:54:25 AM
You are correct, I did say that about my scissors jack and how difficult it was to locate an original so I was having a very close one made which turned out great. (thank you billsuperbird)  The hold down bracket affects the location of the hole drilled into my trunk floor - if the bracket is to long, then the hole distance from the end, to the centerline of the bracket will be off, therefore I would drill the hole in the wrong location essentially.  If I find an original scissors jack and wish to spend the money on that, it's an easy swap out - having a hole drilled in my trunk floor in the wrong location isn't such an easy fix. 

Creative seemed to have an issue getting the hold-down bolt located correctly also.  They were consistently inconsistent, based on what I've observed.  Here's a thread w/ some dimensioned pictures from my Daytona pre-restoration:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,47997.msg523636.html#msg523636

odcics2

Hand drilled, no two exactly the same...   :Twocents:

r4daytona

I do agree with both of you, they were hand drilled and the only thing consistent was inconsistency.  I just didn't want to be way off, or buy one that was the incorrect shape ie: elongated slot vs punched hole or one with different length(height) curves on the ends

Thank You for the input.