News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dodge Royal for parts.......what should I keep...........

Started by bandit67, October 16, 2006, 11:26:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandit67

Hi Guys, I bought a 71,72, and 73 plain Janes Chargers. Bought a mid to late seventies four door Royal for parts. Plan to remove and keep the 360 and 727 , rad, and what ever else i want before sending the car to the crusher. Will the disc brake and spindles, proportion valve work on my cars. Will the power steering unit work?  Will the power brake booster be worth keeping?  Would the rear end be worth keeping........anything on the inside I could use.  Planning on getting the car , maybe today, and will have limited time to strip it, as I can not keep it in the yard.  Thanks for any comments.........John

bordin34

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

bandit67

Yes, it is a 76 Royal Monaco. Just now got it home , and, man, what an adventure. Got the car loaded up on a borrowed trailer and hooked to my 69 GMC for the trip home. Understand that I have little experience with trailers, anyway, coming down the interstate for the 30 mile trip, the truck /trailer began to swerve so bad I lost control and was pushed into the guardrail and stopped with the trailer completely blocking the interstate. I braced for a semi or stream of cars to smash into me, sitting sideways in the road , but both lanes had seen what was happening and  slowed down. I got out , callled 911, asked for some help. Traffic began to pass off into the shoulder. After looking at the smashup , I fired up the old gal and pulled everything over the side of the highway. Called my bud with his bigger truck, he came, trailer seemed OK, we hooked it up , and came on home.  My GMC got the worst, both rears side panels, pass. side fender , front end.  My Dad had bought it brand new in 69, and it was still a looker. BUT, NOBODY was hurt, and for that I am very thankful. Cars and trucks can always be fixed, people sometimes cannot. All that for a junk car................not sure why anyone would be interested in the shell, it is a four door. but it is near Augusta, GA...............J

Brock Samson

:o

glad you came thru ok what a b... err,.. bummer!

lots a chevy parts around , looks like ya' got several new projects...  :-\

Nacho-RT74

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

bandit67

Ghoste

bordin34

Im interested in a Charger Shell, if you want to part any of them out.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ