News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68/69 Charger Hood

Started by miamivice, August 26, 2005, 11:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

miamivice

quick question,

what is, if there are any, the diffrence between a 68/69 charger hood??

THANKS

jaak

I think the latches are different

Silver R/T

69 will work fine on 68, theyre basically same exact hood
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: jaak on August 27, 2005, 12:41:28 AM
I think the latches are different
Correct........you will have to get the corresponding latch mechenism to coencide with the year hood you get
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

blackcharger

the latch difference isn't in the hood, it's the release mechanism on the grill. The '69s are to the driver's side of center because of the I piece.

miamivice

ok, so im confused....if i buy the hood it will work?  or will i need to buy a 68 latch mechanism to get the 68 hood to work......but  because i have a 69 w/ the I piece that wouldnt work.   but that doesnt make sense if the actual hood is the same year to year

Drop Top

Buy the hood. They are the same. Do you have the old hood? If you do then If there are any differences in the latches, you can take them off from the old hood and put them on the new hood. I tend to remember the latches to be the same on the hood and differant on the car.

SpudRacer

Can those with a 69 do me a favor??  I'm having a devil of a time getting my grill aligned with the hood and front bumper.  If you look at the leading edge of the hood from the side, is it straight across?  Or is the hood raised slightly in the center and sloping down toward the sides?

Tom
Bryson City, NC
69' Charger R/T SE Turquoise

JimShine

I have both years and the only difference I see is the '69 has rectangular plates for it to sit on the rubber pads.

The hood latch difference I see is really just in the handle assembly on the grille support. The '68 has a metal lever that hits a release on the latch itself, the '69 has a cable operated style, but the latch itself is the same with the exception of how the handle mounts. The hood mounted stuff looks the same.

SpudRacer

Anyone look at their 69 hood for me yet to answer the question above??  My hood looks as though it has been repaired in the past, and I'll need to replace it if it is supposed to be bowed up slightly in the middle when viewed from the side looking across the leading edge.  If it is straight across on the bottom side of the leading edge, then my hood is OK.

Many thanks...
Tom
Bryson City, NC
69' Charger R/T SE Turquoise