News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

electronic wiring..

Started by charger72, August 28, 2005, 01:48:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger72

I know ive talked about this before on here, but I found a electronic wiring harness for my 72 to convert it over. Should I use it since its a 5 pin, or just go to a junk yard and find a 4 pin and splice it into my harness? I only have to fix a couple wires on the 5 pinner by putting new ends on it. I believe it came out of a 73.

Plumcrazy

Other than having an additional wire to connect the five wire harness will work fine.  A four or a five terminal ECU will work in it.

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

charger72

on a fiver wire one, I know the black/yellow stripe wire goes to the - side of coil, what color to the positive? Is it a big brown one? Cause both my trucks have a red wire to the + side.

Nacho-RT74

Diagram made by me long time ago and posted on the old thread

Bulkhead conector wiring could not match with your one even is the wiring located on my car ( also a 3rd gen ), but colors ( where was posible ) are the same as originals.

This is the 5 pins wiring... 4 pins is the same but is single ballast resistor. The pin feeded by the secondary resistance on double one doesn't exist on 4 pins module and is just ommited and unhooked. This step was changed for an internal feed by the main souce wire.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Chryco Psycho

12v feed is normally light blue with a yellow tracer
9v feed is green with red tracer
black with yellow tracer goes to the coil
the other 2 are for the dist plug

charger72

well, got it to run last night. only took a 30minutes to switch it over. It runs alot better, plus I found a messed up plug wire at the cap. I just have to retime it and adjust the carb now.