News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wing Mirror

Started by JMF, November 28, 2006, 05:45:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JMF

Why does the 1968 Charger not have a wing mirror on the passenger side? Was it an option or something? It's unbelievable tight getting in my garage so do you know anywhere that sells a stick on one that I can put on for just getting in and out of the garage?

Ghoste

It was an option and to tell you the truth, it isn't a really useful mirror anyway.  Better than nothing of course but not a great one.

JMF

Thanks, all I need is a stick on one with those sucker pad things just for getting in and out of the garage

Bandit72

if your garage is so small you have to take the mirror off to get the car in and out....how do you get out once it's in the garage?
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

JMF

I don't have to take the mirrors off to get in the garage, my point is I want more visibiliy over the passenger side when i'm reversing out or going in

Ghoste

Could you put a mirror on the wall in front of you that gives you a view of that side of the car?

JMF

Good point, remember our English garages are tiny compared to yours : )

Ghoste

Well if more people would follow your lead and drive a big ass car instead of those little Austin's and stuff.  ;)

JMF

Hahaha, the people over here in my town who have seen my car say it's the biggest car they've ever seen, I suppose we have the Rolls Royce that is big but I believe the Charger is even bigger than them

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: JMF on November 29, 2006, 05:26:20 AM
I suppose we have the Rolls Royce that is big but I believe the Charger is even bigger than them

I don't think bigger than olds Rolls
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

JMF

Yep the Charger is bigger, here is the Rolls Royce length and width

203.5 inches

75.5 inches

Ghoste

I bet the Rolls is heavier though.  ;)

AWSOM50

I have a passenger mirror that clips into the passenger cigarette window.  see following pic.  Don't know where to get it though sorry.

My old charger had a stock passenger mirror that looked nice but was completely useless.

Btw I live in england too and had to get my garage extended 4ft to get the charger in.
'69 Charger General Lee
2015 Challenger Hellcat

Mechanical newbie

Ghoste

Wow, there can't be many General Lee's in the UK?

JMF

Yeah I don't want anything fancy, as long as it does the job, just getting in and out of the garage, one of those sucker pad things would do, it doesn't help that I have to go in at an angle as well

sean68charger

When i shipped my charger over i did not realise that it was too wide for my garage door (standard british size) cost me another £400 to get it widened!!!
68 Charger 440 R/T<br />Burnout Bandit!!!

Ghoste

I bet it was worth it though.

sean68charger

68 Charger 440 R/T<br />Burnout Bandit!!!

JMF

What about the length of the garage though? That's the problem I have