News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

3rd gen charger guys post your pics

Started by mikesbbody, December 03, 2006, 07:47:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rallye

Quote from: 1972Rallye on January 18, 2010, 07:00:26 AM
I had Photoshoped versions of mine with the spoiler(s) that left me unsure if I wanted to add them or not...

I did a similar thing before adding mine.  My thinking is just the opposite of Foreman and Nacho.  I absolutely had to have the wing, but was unsure of the chin spoiler.  Now 71383bee is looking so good, I'm thinking maybe both... :scratchchin:

And don't worry Nacho, no one will confuse our Chargers with ricers. :coolgleamA:

1972 Charger Rallye - 400magnum

Nacho-RT74

haha, well yes I know, but still, the wing looks too much out of the car... very diff on a 70 mustang mach1 with louvers, where looks just right!

I like a lot the wing idea on the 3rd gen prototipe around, very similar to the 300 Hurst, but not this
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

SeattleCharger

whoa, I thought that photoshop with the wing was a 92 honda civic ricer, til I read that you photoshoped it onto a 3rd gen charger.   

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

1972Rallye

Yeah... I don't really get the ricer thing. I've always thought the '71 gull wings looked awesome.  The wing Nacho was referring to is below.  It would have made the car look too much like a '69 GTO in my opinion. 

71383bee

Quote from: 1972Rallye on January 18, 2010, 02:40:32 PM
Yeah... I don't really get the ricer thing. I've always thought the '71 gull wings looked awesome.  The wing Nacho was referring to is below.  It would have made the car look too much like a '69 GTO in my opinion. 

I kind of like that wing too...

The B body pedestal is better IMHO. 

I dunno I added the options I would have if I was alive and ordered it back then.  Hell after 71 they weren't even an option and by 73 the performance style options really dropped off.  You were pretty much limited to a bulge hood, a stripe on the side and rims. 

72 was the last hurrah really with a rallye package that was still cosmetically different than the rest of the lineup...excluding SE which had the different 1/4 window and tailights. 
71 - FC7 383 Super Bee

ipstrategies

I like the prototype wing.
I love fc7 Chargers/bees and if I change colors that would be the color. Did anyone ever see fc8?
1971 Dodge Charger SE 383 Magnum
1999 Dodge Durango 5.9
1995 Chrysler LHS

bordin34

Some pictures of my car, I think a front spoiler and louvers would go fine on it. The wing may look out of place

And a picture from when I replaced the starter

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

mikesbbody

Nice Pics Bordin  :2thumbs: about the wing, it makes you wonder if that prototype Charger is still around... :scratchchin: or even just the wing? I never use to like any kind of Spoliers on 3rd Gens but over the years your tastes change I now like the rear spoilers (factory) still not so sure about the chin spoilers though maybe I just need more time  ;D

71383bee

Quote from: bordin34 on January 18, 2010, 07:20:06 PM
Some pictures of my car, I think a front spoiler and louvers would go fine on it. The wing may look out of place

And a picture from when I replaced the starter

That is sweet!

I always liked the 73/74 Se's with the opera window...very nice cars.
71 - FC7 383 Super Bee

1972Rallye

Quote from: mikesbbody on January 18, 2010, 07:43:23 PM
...about the wing, it makes you wonder if that prototype Charger is still around... :scratchchin: or even just the wing? I never use to like any kind of Spoliers on 3rd Gens but over the years your tastes change I now like the rear spoilers (factory) still not so sure about the chin spoilers though maybe I just need more time  ;D

The pic is of a clay model that was done in the design studio - way before the prototype stage.  I guarantee it isn't around anymore. If you notice, the car is different on the other side.  Its something they do to show different possibilities/options on the same full-sized clay.

Bordin - Nice! :2thumbs:

mikesbbody

Thanks for the info Bobby  :2thumbs:  :cheers: like it or not, it would have been cool if they had made one.

T16

71 Bee Man

Quote from: 1972Rallye on January 18, 2010, 07:00:26 AM
Quote from: 71383bee on January 16, 2010, 01:29:47 AM
Yeah I think it needs something on the back...B body pedestal wing and louvers would look cool.  Not sure if its an early 72 or not.  The early ones had 71 trunk lids with the pre fabed mounts.  

With a build date of 4/11 I am guess ing that it has the standard 72 lid without the spoilers mounts.

It might be me or my computer but do those resto photos show it more of a turquoise color?  

They do look a bit off... I think its the lighting (southwestern U.S. maybe?).

I had Photoshoped versions of mine with the spoiler(s) that left me unsure if I wanted to add them or not...

I have the rear wing on the back of my 71.....and I'm trying to get a front spoiler as well.
BUT....for what it's worth, I don't think it suits your calour. I think your car looks much cleaner as it is.

Peter
Add your details to the Forum members List. Visit this thread to find out more :
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,21133.240.html

ACUDANUT

Dang, For a moment I thought someone stole my 72 Blue Rallye. I gotta show you mine.  It will have to wait until spring though. Dang winter. :brickwall:

Magnumcharger

Quote from: 1972Rallye on January 19, 2010, 10:38:07 AM
Quote from: mikesbbody on January 18, 2010, 07:43:23 PM
...about the wing, it makes you wonder if that prototype Charger is still around... :scratchchin: or even just the wing? I never use to like any kind of Spoliers on 3rd Gens but over the years your tastes change I now like the rear spoilers (factory) still not so sure about the chin spoilers though maybe I just need more time  ;D

The pic is of a clay model that was done in the design studio - way before the prototype stage.  I guarantee it isn't around anymore. If you notice, the car is different on the other side.  Its something they do to show different possibilities/options on the same full-sized clay.

I definitely agree with the above. The side marker lights look like they're drawn on the quarter panels. I like the spoiler design, and the degree measurements for ajusting the pitch angle just makes my technical mind happy. I think this particular spoiler is a direct offshoot of both the Daytona/Superbird efforts, and the SuperCharger show car which also featured a similar design.
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

oldrock

I like the look of the rear spoiler on 3rd gens. I could go either way with the chin spoiler but think a black rear spoiler would look good on my son's white 72 charger. I know I can get a 69-70 mustang rear spoiler for around $120. Think that would look good on his with the stripe?

mikesbbody

Quote from: oldrock on February 06, 2010, 12:26:05 PM
I like the look of the rear spoiler on 3rd gens. I could go either way with the chin spoiler but think a black rear spoiler would look good on my son's white 72 charger. I know I can get a 69-70 mustang rear spoiler for around $120. Think that would look good on his with the stripe?

I think it would look good but why not get the real deal  ;) I'm wondering, since you have the stripe if you add the spoiler would it be roughly in the same position where you have the stripe?

oldrock

Re spoilers for chargers, do others just use the ones that are designed for modern chargers or are there vintage ones reproduced?

mikesbbody

They are reproduced, I can't remember the name of the place right now I will look into it I'm sure someone here will know and will chime in  :2thumbs:

71383bee

For spoilers go to fpap.  Or First Place Auto Products.  They are THE AUTHORITY on true mopar pedestal spoilers.  Anyone elsa either buys from them or uses a cheap nock off. 

http://fpap.com/

71 - FC7 383 Super Bee

71383bee

71 - FC7 383 Super Bee

Scotty Dave

Beer

Quote from: 71383bee on February 07, 2010, 12:55:35 AM
For spoilers go to fpap.  Or First Place Auto Products.  They are THE AUTHORITY on true mopar pedestal spoilers.  Anyone elsa either buys from them or uses a cheap nock off. 

http://fpap.com/

I agree   :cheers:

Dats wHere I Gotz Mine Too

1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

41husk

now that I have paid for my Daytona clone, I am thinking about keeping the WannaBee.  Just can't stand to be with out a 3rd gen :shruggy:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

mikesbbody

"thinking" you say Husk? what's to think about? Awesome Charger I would hang on to her if I were you  :yesnod: