News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'66/'67 Charger Tach restoration/repair

Started by hemi68charger, December 08, 2006, 09:33:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Hello all.
Is there someone restoring/repairing the 1st Generation Charger tach's?

Thanks,
Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Ghoste

Well, yes.. but what is it exactly you need?  I ask because there are different issues with them.
If you are talking about the appearance of the guage face itself, a little elbow grease and mild abrasive like toothpaste or plastic polish will bring it up.  If you are talking about the el lighting or function of the tach itself JC Auto is about the best around.  If you are only worried about guage function, Greg Garner at Real Time Engineering can fix that easily enough.  The 66 and 67 tach are slightly different too.  The secret decoder components for the 66 are housed in a metal can about an inch thick and six inches diameter and hidden behind the glovebox where the 67 has them onboard with the guage.

hemi68charger

Ghoste,
Think he's looking to have the mechansim to get repaired.. Believe it doesn't work... I'll ask him or do you have any/all weblinks to the places you mentioned, if there is one...

Troy
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

Ghoste

They have links.  Give me a bit to find them in my pile of crap.  He might also try the tech section at the 66-67 forum.  It may be something he can fix himself.  Come to think of it, those links are probably there a bunch of times too.

Ghoste

hemi68charger

Ghoste..

Thank you very much...
I'll forward him this information....

Troy
Troy