News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

71 Dual Snorkle Air Cleaner Color?

Started by ipstrategies, September 02, 2005, 08:29:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ipstrategies

Mine is orange and needs repainted. I have noticed there is a lot of 71 Chargers with the air cleaner painted black. Anyone know why the 2 differnet colors?
Thanks
1971 Dodge Charger SE 383 Magnum
1999 Dodge Durango 5.9
1995 Chrysler LHS

mopar_madman

Not a 100% sure but i thought 71's were black and 72 and up were the orange when the engines were painted blue.
1973 Dodge Charger
1968 Plymouth Road Runner
1971 Dodge Dart Swinger

Nacho-RT74

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

TruckDriver

So, when they started painting the air cleaners orange, is that the same as the engine orange for '71?

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

ipstrategies

I was looking at the 71superbee.com site and noticed a few with orange and most with black. I am not sure I guess some could have been orange it is matching numbers car (engine tranny support trunk lip) So I wonder where I can make sure before I paint them?
1971 Dodge Charger SE 383 Magnum
1999 Dodge Durango 5.9
1995 Chrysler LHS

mopar_madman

I think the engine orange and the air cleaner orange are different. Totally Auto sells the paint for a orange air cleaner.
1973 Dodge Charger
1971 Dodge Dart Swinger

TruckDriver

Quote from: mopar_madman on September 04, 2005, 09:20:54 AM
I think the engine orange and the air cleaner orange are different. Totally Auto sells the paint for a orange air cleaner.

I never heard of Totally Auto. Is there a link for them?
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

mopar_madman

totallyautoinc.com they are one of the top mopar resto places.  also restorick.com is another and he also sells premixed resto paints
1973 Dodge Charger
1971 Dodge Dart Swinger