News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Year one vs. Dante's - opinions please

Started by Pistolpete, January 18, 2007, 03:16:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pistolpete

Hey guys, I have a big order to place within the next couple of days - everything from brake lines to hood turn signals. I've never ordered from Dantes but it sounds like many of you have, whats the word? price, shipping, trustworthiness, selection etc. ?? (I've only ordered from year one and legendary til now)

Thx
Pete
'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

I love being me......ask anybody!

mopar_madman

ordered from him a couple years ago, prices were good and all went well. Haven't ever had any problems with year one either
1973 Dodge Charger
1968 Plymouth Road Runner
1971 Dodge Dart Swinger

Troy

Dante's prices are probably better but the selection is smaller. Dante carries Legendary interior stuff but some items can come from different manufacturers so ask. Dante's shipping charges are much better. I haven't yet had the need to purchase anything from Year One since most what they sell is available elsewhere with lower prices and shipping charges. The major exception to this is wiring harnesses which they managed to get an exclusive deal on. I'm sure there are other parts but I haven't needed them yet. I have ordered from Dante though and had good experiences in the past.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

plum500

I haven't anything from Year One but I'll certainly give Dante's a :thumbs: up.

moparjohn

Dante is kind of a local guy to us in NJ. And he's good to do bus. with. John
Happiness is having a hole in your roof!

Shakey

I have never purchased anything from Dante's, nor heard anything bad.

I have purchased plenty from Year One and yes their shipping charges can be steep, especially shipping to Canada, so I pick up items when I am down that way.However, Year One does have a great return policy, should there be a problem with anything you buy.

Seems like you'd be OK either way.  If it's Legendary stuff you need, can you not just buy direct from them and cut out the middle man?

Recharger

I've bought from both, and never had any problems.  Just do your homework first and compare prices.  Dante was  helpful on the phone, and I ended up getting my interior vinyl and some other stuff from him during a previous group buy.  With his group buy discount, he was just slightly cheaper than YO's pricing w/ a 20% discount code. (comparing final costs, w/ shipping)  As someone said, what kills YO is their ridiculous shipping charges.  It's only worth it on very large orders, with a discount code.  I never had to return anything with Dante, but the returns I've had to make w/ YO have been painless. 

jaak

I have only one order with Dante's, the sent the wrong part, I called and they shipped the right one out and didn't even ask for the old one back.  I would do business again.

Year one sucks... prices are always higher than listed in Catalog, plus they stick it to you (without any vasoline) with shipping charges.

The internet is a wonderful tool! Most suppliers like paddock and year one are just middle men. Sure they carry a few exclusive Items but most stuff they sell, you can buy straight from the manufacturer at lower cost. Saving 5, 10, even 20 bucks here and there really add up quick.

Just some thoughts,
Jason

Pistolpete

thanks guys, I have purchased direct from legendary and some other small shops directly, but in this case there are too many seperate items to try and hunt down so it looks like I'm going with one supplier just to save a lot of headache - so far dante's gets it.

thanks again
Pete
'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

I love being me......ask anybody!

bull

I haven't ordered from either place but I hear a lot about Year One being backorder central.

lyall

runningman

I usually hear from him a couple times a year for group buys.  I can check with him to see when he is ready for another.   matt

69CoronetRT

I placed one order with Dante and it became a 'trouble order' due to a thrid party supplier. His response and follow up were great. He 'made it right' even though it wasn't his fault. I'd order from him again without question. Plus, I like ordering from individuals like Dante instead of companies. To me, it's worth a little extra. :Twocents:
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

Silver R/T

last time I checked dante's had parts listed cheaper than Y/O but obviously due to being smaller company.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

OttawaCharger

Quote from: runningman on October 01, 2007, 06:26:25 PM
I usually hear from him a couple times a year for group buys.  I can check with him to see when he is ready for another.   matt
The last one was January 2007 so we should be due in a couple more months I would think.  I've been saving and I'm going to be ready this time!  :2thumbs:
1968 Charger -currently spread all over my garage!

runningman

Sent him an email, should hear something soon

runningman

That was quick (5 min).  He said we normally do them after the holidays but would give it a shot if there was enough interest.  Would you guys/gals rather do it now or wait?  Matt

tomdroptop

Dante is a stand up guy as you have all prob read above. He is VERY local for me and sponsored many Car-B-Ques.
Whats also nioce that no one mentioned above is that each time you call Dante's you get Dante on the phone not some middle strapper that dont know his Arse from a hole in the ground Dante knows his stuff & deals Mopar parts & loves Mopars so my vote is obvious LOL. :2thumbs:

OttawaCharger

Quote from: runningman on October 02, 2007, 06:04:53 PM
That was quick (5 min).  He said we normally do them after the holidays but would give it a shot if there was enough interest.  Would you guys/gals rather do it now or wait?  Matt
Thanks for looking into this.   I'm in no rush and the cash is already earmarked for him.
1968 Charger -currently spread all over my garage!

runningman

No problem, I will tell him to hold off until after the holidays.  Matt

HITMAN 149

i would rather give him the business being from jersey!!! i've never ordered anything YET... but i just sent him an email about emblems??
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

Charger-Bodie

anyone vs year one, ill pick anyone over year one everytime!!  the only things ill order from year one is something i cant get ANYWERE else!!!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

bill440rt

Quote from: 1hot68 on October 03, 2007, 07:27:12 PM
anyone vs year one, ill pick anyone over year one everytime!!  the only things ill order from year one is something i cant get ANYWERE else!!!

Yup. Y.O. seems to be on the expensive side compared to other companies. Plus they charge high shipping rates. I'll order if I have a 20% off code, & even still if it's something I can't get anywhere else. Layson's is also expensive.

I bought a few things from Dante's, his prices were pretty good. Same w/Jack's Auto Parts. Both of these vendors are here in lovely NJ, so that makes it even better on shipping for me.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

darrin75

Yeah Dante Is Cool Business...Go With Him.. :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:
Check out New Upcoming site.
http://www.mopartraffic.com

HITMAN 149

i just went on jacks website to check out emblems (not that i need em right now?!?!? but i get in these silly phases!! LOL) and they were all there... for like $200!!! and he's also got the hood turn signal kit for $210!!! and like BILL said he's right here in lovely JOISEY!!!!!!! he's only about 25 mins from me.. sooooo i can go pick em up, and save on shipping!!!!!!!!  :2thumbs:
i sent dante a email & he only has teh sail panel one's??
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/