News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1971-1974 Charger Rear window Louvers for sale

Started by ACUDANUT, February 12, 2007, 04:36:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACUDANUT

Would anyone really pay 1,500 - 2,000 for a rear window Louver for a 71-74 Charger. There is one on the Auction block and it's just a Reproduction one.. Is that crazy, or is it just me. ?

TruckDriver

I saw one for 1 "K" member bolt that was starting at $10.00 this morning ::) :P
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

twilt

If I had a 71 R/T that was originally equipped with the louver and it was missing, YES I would pay $1.5-2k for an original one.

Hemidoug

Quote from: twilt on February 12, 2007, 07:32:23 PM
If I had a 71 R/T that was originally equipped with the louver and it was missing, YES I would pay $1.5-2k for an original one.

The problem is (correct me if I'm wrong) most B body louver cars it was a dealer option. I have yet to see an option number on a data tag or broadcast sheet. I know there is an option code for E body, most likely because they had to be installed from the factory (hood pins used as hold downs). The B bodys just snap in under the rear window trim.

As an answer to your question, I am considering a set for my 71. I need to do a little more research first, but I'm leaning towards a set. The look really nice on the car!
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

d72hemi

Last year there was a guy on E-bay selling them for $300-$500. They were aluminum.

konigcharger

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.

Wheels of Terror

Is this the celebrity style roof line?
1999 Pontiac Trans Am
1982 KARR Knight Rider Replica
2009 Dodge Avenger
Looking for another Third Gen Charger

69CoronetRT

Quote from: Hemidoug on February 12, 2007, 08:39:54 PM
Quote from: twilt on February 12, 2007, 07:32:23 PM

The problem is (correct me if I'm wrong) most B body louver cars it was a dealer option. I have yet to see an option number on a data tag or broadcast sheet. I know there is an option code for E body, most likely because they had to be installed from the factory (hood pins used as hold downs). The B bodys just snap in under the rear window trim.

AFAIK...both E bodies and the Satellite louvers were on the order sheet and came from the factory. Do we know if they were coded on the tag? I've found info on the 'Cudas, Challengers and Satellite louvers but not the Charger. Were they available in '71? Were they released later in the year? What was the sales code?

Thanks....
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

konigcharger

Quote from: Wheels of Terror on February 12, 2007, 09:58:39 PM
Is this the celebrity style roof line?

based on the vinyl trim i would say its a 74 spring special. hard to say from that close though.

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.

konigcharger

after looking over some pics i am now certain its a spring secial

celebrity

spring special

note the size of the quarter windows

twilt

Quote from: konigcharger on February 12, 2007, 09:23:50 PM
might wanna talk to twilt about that guy

:scratchchin:  Oh yeah...thats the SUPER NICE FELLA who took my $360 payment via paypal on Sept 15th and never sent me my louvers. He is now "no longer a registered user"  Probably deactivated his own account to avoid some potential negative feedbacks. 

Wheels of Terror

:icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:Wow! I just got lucky! thanks guys!!!  A spring special celebrity roof. I hear that there is only 212 made??
1999 Pontiac Trans Am
1982 KARR Knight Rider Replica
2009 Dodge Avenger
Looking for another Third Gen Charger

AKcharger

Goldfinger71

The 300-400 dollar louvers that were sold on Ebay do not look like the orginals.There is one of our member's here who has it on his primer black 71.The look good but the original style look alot better in my opinion.
1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: konigcharger on February 12, 2007, 10:33:28 PM

celebrity

spring special

these pics looks so familars ;D
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

1971SE440

I purchased the louvers for my 1971 from the guy on eBay for $300. For the money they are not bad. No way was I going to spend $1400 for the reproduction's.

ACUDANUT

Wow, I like that louver. Price is not too bad either. What's this guy's name on e-bay. Is it the same one that screwed Twilt ??

1971SE440

I went back and checked eBay and I purchased them from 7864john and he is no longer a registered user. I saw where twilt left negative feedback.

I wondered what happened? Mine where not close to fitting and I sent them back and he fixed them and shipped back. That was back in Dec 2005.

Nacho-RT74

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

jasonfromIKILLYA

yeah, I want them too.  does anyone have pictures of originals?
"Great souls have always received violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Einstein

andy74

i d like them for 300,but not for 1400,thats way out of my price range

konigcharger

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on February 13, 2007, 10:13:33 AM
Quote from: konigcharger on February 12, 2007, 10:33:28 PM

celebrity

spring special

these pics looks so familars ;D

yeah, i learned a lot from Nacho  :icon_smile_big:

Goldfinger71

For those who want to see more pics of the exact repro of the original louvers go to dayclona.com
You can see that they are different than the 300-400 dollar version.
1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!

pettyfan43

If I had a Hemi or Six Pack car maybe, but for my 73 S/E just a cool set of Louvers would be great!