News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

interchanging leaf springs

Started by javakmcharger68, September 05, 2005, 06:13:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

javakmcharger68

Bought my 68 charger 4 years ago & while in that time I decided to change the leaf springs in my car. I had a 73 charger with good leaf springs still on it, so I decided to do the swap. What year leaf springs fit these cars? I think funny enough that the leafs I put under the car are getting bad now too. It will be time for a new pair soon maybe. In my area(like others) cars in backyards are a thing of the past. Worked as a courier for a while thinking it would be a great job to find cars. It was sad, for me anyway. So the question is how high up the years can you go? Just curious  :icon_smile_shy: Thanks

aifilaw

I'm wondering about this question myself in another thread right now...if I can grab some new leafs out a wrecked dodge truck for $10 a piece I'd love it
'72 B5 Metallic Blue Hardtop
426" Wedge - Hydraulic Roller Stealth heads

Ghoste

You're safe with any of the 65 to 70 B-body springs.  When you get into the 71's things begin to change.  Natcho is pretty up on 3rd gen technical chnges from year to year so he's a good source there.  I think, the 71's are similar to the E-body and then you get into the oval front eyes and stuff like that.  A-bodies can be made to work with different front spring hangars.  I can't help you out with trucks and vans (if any) that fit.

Nacho-RT74

I don't know between different generations but there is a fact, 3rd gens are lower and frame rails different, than earliers so I don't think they could it be interchanged.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

javakmcharger68

There are 73 charger leafs on my car now. There was no driving on them though, but they did bolt up fine..Car is a 68 charger

beenaround

mopar performance sells the right springs. are you going for the stock look???

Ghoste

The Mopar Performance ones are notorious for losing their spring rate very quickly.  Alledgedly they are made in Mexico with a very poor grade of steel.

Chryco Psycho

they are definatly made in mexico & they definatly sag quickly

CB

So can someone tell where to buy good quality leaf springs for 2nd gen?  :)
1968 Dodge Coronet 500