News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Combination Original/Old School--New Stuff

Started by yellocharge68, February 28, 2007, 08:50:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellocharge68

I have an extra ralley gauge for my 1968 Charger and I was thinking of using a complete re-wire of the entire car from year one/evans/Ron Francis. I also want to place the origina radio in its appropriate place and have it hooked up and working, while hiding the Alpine am/Fm 12 disc C.D. Changer.   I want to buy and use all new Auto Meter Gauges,(in the same locations as the original oil, temp/Fuel/Alternator gauges).
  I love the white faces at day time and the Blue glow of the light at night time.   Looking for opinions, is this "over-kill" or would this even be possible. Budget getting tight with Suspeension rebuild, but Electrical in dash and under hood is spaghettied, and looks terrible. Its gotta be re-done soon or it will probablye burn tight out from under me...
I appreciate any and all opinions, Thanks in advance Guys and Gals....
Sunfire Yellow 1968 Dodge Charger 383/727 auto-console

OttawaCharger

1968 Charger -currently spread all over my garage!

yellocharge68

Excellent, Thanks for the info....I may attempt that....I'll let ya know how it goes!!!!

That Dash Looks Bad A#@!!!!!!!!!!
Sunfire Yellow 1968 Dodge Charger 383/727 auto-console

OttawaCharger

No problem.  Of course... we expect pictures when you're done  :icon_smile_big:

HITMAN 149

hey yello...
here'a another thread i started a couple months ago....
i plan on doing the white face autometer gauges in my stock dash cluster..after i redo it, as there was a couple good threads about that as well!!!!!!!!! good pics & stuff!!!!!!!!

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,19711.msg215220.html#msg215220
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

Ghoste

But if you changge your mind on the dash customizing, do at least change out the old wiring.  It's expensive but not as expensive as losing a car to an electrical meltdown.  I don't know how bad it is, but when you say "spaghetti'd", it doesn't sound good.  Just check out Troy's thread in the Aero section on "almost lost Dana" to see what can happen.

smokinrt

Quote from: yellocharge68 on February 28, 2007, 08:50:42 PM
I have an extra ralley gauge for my 1968 Charger and I was thinking of using a complete re-wire of the entire car from year one/evans/Ron Francis. I also want to place the origina radio in its appropriate place and have it hooked up and working, while hiding the Alpine am/Fm 12 disc C.D. Changer.   I want to buy and use all new Auto Meter Gauges,(in the same locations as the original oil, temp/Fuel/Alternator gauges).
  I love the white faces at day time and the Blue glow of the light at night time.   Looking for opinions, is this "over-kill" or would this even be possible. Budget getting tight with Suspeension rebuild, but Electrical in dash and under hood is spaghettied, and looks terrible. Its gotta be re-done soon or it will probablye burn tight out from under me...
I appreciate any and all opinions, Thanks in advance Guys and Gals....
From what I've read on this site today, everybody says to avoid buying fron Year One, some have waited up to 6 months for their electrical products, just some info, good luck with your project.  But don't forget, when you make mods that are not "Chrystler" correct then the sales price you can ask for most likely goes down.  Serious car collectors look for correct restores.
But, have fun no matter, we only go around once.

OttawaCharger

Although I've never dealt with them personally, I've heard good things about Evan's wiring http://evanswiring.tripod.com/