News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

daytona pix

Started by learical1, March 25, 2007, 09:42:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparchris

Nice pictures Bruce.  The first set of small pictures posted shows both my old Daytona and my first Charger 500.  Those were from the Mopar meet at Mesa Community College in March 1984.  The red Daytona was 440 4 speed A34 super track pack car XX29L9B410767 and the 500 was a 440 auto A/C car with power windows XX29L9B232007 or 8 I can't remember.  Like going for a ride in Mr. Peabody's way back machine.

C5X DAYTONA

Quote from: ramairthree on September 20, 2009, 06:37:22 PM
Where were you C5X?  I was about the same size as you then.

Who owns the other Daytona in the background?

Was it an F6 automatic 440 with white stripe and interior?

That's what my parents' car was

Hello.  The silver daytona in the garage is my red one that I have now.  The Green one in the street was an orange car painted sassy grass green on accident. 
Caution.... Low flying aircraft.

ramairthree

Quote from: Aero426 on March 28, 2007, 09:45:33 AM
Quote from: learical1 on March 28, 2007, 08:52:32 AM
This picture was mailed to me decades ago.  Don't remember any particulars.

This one is Jim Radke's car, circa 1975.   This was prior to the blue Hemi car.   The deal was it was to be painted F6, but the painter messed up and it got shot in Green Go. 

Aero426 - do you know where the picture was taken and whose F6 with white stripe and interior that is/was?

learical1

That picture was taken in front of Joe Machado's house in some suburb of LA. (help me with this one, Sean).  That's why Joe's Daytona is in the garage, and why his son & daughter are playing in the driveway.  Joe's front spoiler was so low, he couldn't pull straight into his driveway.  He had to back in, or go one wheel at a time, or something like that.
Bruce

C5X DAYTONA

Quote from: learical1 on September 21, 2009, 05:38:07 PM
That picture was taken in front of Joe Machado's house in some suburb of LA. (help me with this one, Sean).  That's why Joe's Daytona is in the garage, and why his son & daughter are playing in the driveway.  Joe's front spoiler was so low, he couldn't pull straight into his driveway.  He had to back in, or go one wheel at a time, or something like that.

Is this one of the Lear brothers?  Bruce?  Yes that picture was taken in Cerritos Ca.  My dad just fixed the nose on that green Daytona after the guy hit a parked car in the fog.  Also that car had dingle balls all around the interior windows..  lol 

moparstuart

Quote from: C5X DAYTONA on September 21, 2009, 11:11:03 PM

Is this one of the Lear brothers?  Bruce?  Yes that picture was taken in Cerritos Ca.  My dad just fixed the nose on that green Daytona after the guy hit a parked car in the fog.  Also that car had dingle balls all around the interior windows..  lol 
dingle balls   LOL   wow 70's for sure   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

learical1

That picture was taken in front of Joe Machado's house in some suburb of LA. (help me with this one, Sean).  That's why Joe's Daytona is in the garage, and why his son & daughter are playing in the driveway.  Joe's front spoiler was so low, he couldn't pull straight into his driveway.  He had to back in, or go one wheel at a time, or something like that.

Is this one of the Lear brothers?  Bruce?  Yes that picture was taken in Cerritos Ca.  My dad just fixed the nose on that green Daytona after the guy hit a parked car in the fog.  Also that car had dingle balls all around the interior windows..  lol  

Yeah, it's me.  I played the u-toob video of the burn-out and thought I recognized your dad's voice.  Speaking of your father, can you talk him in to joining us here?  I do recall many great stories...
Bruce

C5X DAYTONA

Quote from: learical1 on September 23, 2009, 05:58:48 PM
That picture was taken in front of Joe Machado's house in some suburb of LA. (help me with this one, Sean).  That's why Joe's Daytona is in the garage, and why his son & daughter are playing in the driveway.  Joe's front spoiler was so low, he couldn't pull straight into his driveway.  He had to back in, or go one wheel at a time, or something like that.

Is this one of the Lear brothers?  Bruce?  Yes that picture was taken in Cerritos Ca.  My dad just fixed the nose on that green Daytona after the guy hit a parked car in the fog.  Also that car had dingle balls all around the interior windows..  lol  

Yeah, it's me.  I played the u-toob video of the burn-out and thought I recognized your dad's voice.  Speaking of your father, can you talk him in to joining us here?  I do recall many great stories...
Hello Bruce,  I just talked to my dad and he was in Phoenix yesterday.  I told him to get on this site.  He told me about the time you too him and Jim Radke to look at a bunch of wing cars including that green Hemi 4-speed daytona with power windows and  a vinyl roof.   Yes that was him on the video.  As soon as I was going to lay down some rubber some guy does a u-turn right in front of me..  We will be in your town at the mopar show at Bill Luke Chrysler at the end of October.  Looks like we will have 4 wing cars and a 500.  Not sure what day it is either sat or sunday.  Do you know?

66chargerkid

Betcha that silver car is wayne perkins car.
Kansas tags and I think I see the se plates on it aswell

Daytona Enthusiast

Hello C5X Daytona "Sean" ... I was at a Mopar show a few years ago with my car when a guy came up to me

to say hi. He went on to say that I sold him a rearend, which I didn't. He must of thought I was you...

I sure wish my car was up to making a mad dash back to Bama with you guys!!!

Here's me the "fifth Beatle" out at Riverside in 1977 with the club.

Dave In Anaheim

learical1

Quote from: C5X DAYTONA on September 23, 2009, 07:45:19 PM
Hello Bruce,  I just talked to my dad and he was in Phoenix yesterday.  I told him to get on this site.  He told me about the time you too him and Jim Radke to look at a bunch of wing cars including that green Hemi 4-speed daytona with power windows and  a vinyl roof.   Yes that was him on the video.  As soon as I was going to lay down some rubber some guy does a u-turn right in front of me..  We will be in your town at the mopar show at Bill Luke Chrysler at the end of October.  Looks like we will have 4 wing cars and a 500.  Not sure what day it is either sat or sunday.  Do you know?

That should have been Pat Harper's noseless at the time Hemi Daytona.  We drove by 2 other 440 Daytonas and a 440 500 with a vinyl roof, automatic and A/C.  Your dad, Jim Radke, and about 4 other guys came from California.  I remember leaving the waitress at Coco's a huge tip for breakfast 'cause we were all so terrible.  Some other thread here has a photo of Pat's Daytona taken in my front yard.  You can tell it's my parents old house because my neighbor was a Corvair fanatic, and you can see the air-cooled wonders in the background
Bruce

Magnumcharger

This is the very first Daytona Charger I personally viewed.
I took this picture of it at the 1983 Mopar Nationals held at Milan, Michigan.
What was notable about this car was the sellers' asking price - $10,000.
At the time I was a new Private in the Air Force, and didn't have two pennies to squeeze together. (Times have improved, I now have two pennies :Twocents:).
The seller joked that I could take it back to Canada with me right then....and mail him a cheque after I got there.

I wonder if he was joking or not?
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

hemi68charger

Quote from: Magnumcharger on September 29, 2009, 05:39:15 PM
This is the very first Daytona Charger I personally viewed.
I took this picture of it at the 1983 Mopar Nationals held at Milan, Michigan.
What was notable about this car was the sellers' asking price - $10,000.
At the time I was a new Private in the Air Force, and didn't have two pennies to squeeze together. (Times have improved, I now have two pennies :Twocents:).
The seller joked that I could take it back to Canada with me right then....and mail him a cheque after I got there.

I wonder if he was joking or not?

That's a cool story... Love the white color........... Sooooooo, they call the lower enlisted ranks in the Canadian Air Force privates? Interesting.. We call them Airman in the USAF.......  :2thumbs:  Ever spend time in Goose Bay?

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Magnumcharger

I wish I could have bought that Daytona! However, I was looking at getting married that fall, and as I made $15000/yr at the time....it was either eat or buy a Daytona....and live with it vs. a wife!

C5X DAYTONA

Quote from: Daytona Enthusiast on September 24, 2009, 03:48:46 AM
Hello C5X Daytona "Sean" ... I was at a Mopar show a few years ago with my car when a guy came up to me

to say hi. He went on to say that I sold him a rearend, which I didn't. He must of thought I was you...

Dave In Anaheim
LOL,  Great Picture...LOL   That's great... Looks like Joe Slama's Daytona.  Purchased from Radke about the same time.   What is wrong with your car?   My Daytona will turn 1/4 of a million miles on it on the way back on this trip.  And it is still all numbers match.    If you are wanting to go we have 3 Daytona's, 1 bird and 1 500 going.  There is room..  Hit me up soon if you are interested..   These trips like this don't come up but every 5 years. 

C5X DAYTONA

Quote from: learical1 on September 24, 2009, 05:29:34 PM
Quote from: C5X DAYTONA on September 23, 2009, 07:45:19 PM

That should have been Pat Harper's noseless at the time Hemi Daytona.  We drove by 2 other 440 Daytonas and a 440 500 with a vinyl roof, automatic and A/C.  Your dad, Jim Radke, and about 4 other guys came from California.  I remember leaving the waitress at Coco's a huge tip for breakfast 'cause we were all so terrible.  Some other thread here has a photo of Pat's Daytona taken in my front yard.  You can tell it's my parents old house because my neighbor was a Corvair fanatic, and you can see the air-cooled wonders in the background

Yes,  That is my picture that someone posted of Pat's Hemi Daytona on this site.   My dad still gives the waitress a hard time.  Ticks my mom off..  lol    I will keep bugging my dad to sign up on this site.  He was here at the house today..

Daytona Enthusiast

My car's got a host of problems from sitting for almost 20 years now. I can only imagine if you guys were

drafting me, it would look like we were conducting wind tunnel tests from all the smoke coming from the

tailpipes of my car. On the day you guys do the parade lap, I'll probably walk into the garage, remove the

cover, get behind the wheel, and make vroom vroom noises...
Quote from: C5X DAYTONA on October 01, 2009, 12:51:38 AM
Quote from: Daytona Enthusiast on September 24, 2009, 03:48:46 AM

Dave In Anaheim
LOL,  Great Picture...LOL   That's great... Looks like Joe Slama's Daytona.  Purchased from Radke about the same time.   What is wrong with your car?   My Daytona will turn 1/4 of a million miles on it on the way back on this trip.  And it is still all numbers match.    If you are wanting to go we have 3 Daytona's, 1 bird and 1 500 going.  There is room..  Hit me up soon if you are interested..   These trips like this don't come up but every 5 years. 

C5X DAYTONA

Cool picture Dave of my car.   I had the vinyl roof trim off of a 69 500 and that vinyl roof trim off of the Daytona and I asked my dad what he wanted to do with these when we moving from Cerritos and he said throw them away.  So I folded both sets up on my knees and threw them in the trash.  Don't know if I would put it back on the car but would love to have them back..    Greg Bullinger tells the story about digging in the dirt looking for goodies and finding the front wheel well mouldings buried...   Why has your car been sitting for 20 years?   Lets get it going...... 

nascarxx29

Hey Magnum charger what color interior did that white daytona you seen in 83 have looks red to me
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Magnumcharger

Yes, I recall that is was red....

Mikesmoparperformance

here are some Daytona picturers for yall
MOPAR OR NO CAR

1966 Dodge Charger 383 CI

moparstuart

Quote from: Mikesmoparperformance on October 08, 2009, 09:49:20 AM
here are some Daytona picturers for yall
hey look some had vaccuum leaking hlps right off  LOL
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Mikesmoparperformance

there a also some 500 chargers with no wings of front nose
MOPAR OR NO CAR

1966 Dodge Charger 383 CI

marty42

Quote from: Mikesmoparperformance on October 08, 2009, 05:03:05 PM
there a also some 500 chargers with no wings of front nose

those are just mid-conversion...the 500's would have been all gone by then.

WINGMAN

I guess i never noticed the writing on the windshelds until now, Looks like a 398 on one with big OKs and more. I wonder if the 398 was to help keep trac of how many were converted. :shruggy:  Jay.
69 Daytona XX29L9B409032 , 02 Ram Cummins,