News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

73 Charger Neutral Safety switch

Started by bigeric73SE, March 31, 2007, 02:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigeric73SE

since i got all the brackets hooked up yesterday for the alt and ps pump the 360 fired right up  ;D  I had to jump it at the relay cause it was bad...wouldn't turn over at the ignition.  So i replaced that last night...Sooo this is what it feels like for everything to go right.  ;D  Well now i'm hooking up a console shifter and need to find the NSS.  And since i've lost my manual i don't exactly know where it is or what it looks like.  If you have any pics or just info plz let me know...and is the reverse light going to be wired in with the NSS?
Thanks again
Eric

John_Kunkel

The '73 has a 3-prong NSS screwed into the drivers side of the transmission.

The center prong goes to the "G" terminal on the firewall mounted starter relay and the two outer prongs act as a switch for the BU lights.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Nacho-RT74

here a diagram to 73 and 74.

Black and black traced are back up wires one of them, don't remmeber which one is allways hot on acc and run position, coming from acc side of fuse box. Inside the bulkhead thsi wire turns on white and white traced black

The brwon traced yellow runs to starter relay G prong and then spliced to inside the cab to the seatbelts buzzer function

A/C wires are also on diagram because I was ilustrating something else when I made the diagram. A/C wires shared the same plug on 71-72 with tranny because since no seatbelt buzzer on then, then those empty cavities were used to that
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html