News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Picture of the day! by you!

Started by ck1, April 28, 2007, 11:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BDF

That is messed up! What a waste...

XH29N0G

Those pictures really show just how destructive wildfires are.  I did geological work about 80 miles north of Yellowknife in the 1990s and we had some burned areas.  It brings back memories about how much was exposed as a result of the fires.  It is a real shame to lose an old structure like that one in your picture though. Don't I remember you posting the before fire picture a while ago.  At the time it struck me as particularly nice.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Tilar

I don't know if I've posted this before or not, I still think it's a cool pic. The 4020 on the far left is mine.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Old Moparz

The drum solo part of In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida from the Iron Butterfly show I went to recently.   :coolgleamA:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

71charger_fan

The fuel sender in my 1955 Plymouth was bad, showing 24 ohms at both full and empty. Definitely not in spec. While I wait for a '55 Plymouth wagon sender to show up at some point in time, I hung a cheap aftermarket gauge under the dash and adapted its sender to the top of the old sender.

68pplcharger

Quote from: Old Moparz on September 07, 2017, 09:23:37 AM
The drum solo part of In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida from the Iron Butterfly show I went to recently.   :coolgleamA:
Sweet, one of the first songs I learned to play on the drums.

alfaitalia

Was not expecting to see this on my walk along the beach I live on the other week! Quite a cool waterspout. The weather had been pretty stormy and warm so that increases the chances. Interesting fact time!.....per square mile the UK has more Tornados then any other country in the world.......just not very big ones luckily. Where I live we get quite a few due to the shape of the coast and the near by Isle of Wight. Lesson over!

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Old Moparz

Quote from: 68pplcharger on September 08, 2017, 08:37:40 AM
Quote from: Old Moparz on September 07, 2017, 09:23:37 AM
Sweet, one of the first songs I learned to play on the drums.

:cheers:

I tried also, but only gave the cat a heart attack.  :lol:
               Bob                

Old Moparz

Photos at a pre-bid meeting. A large retaining wall behind a shopping center needs some duct tape. :lol:

It's 40+ feet tall & about 1200 feet long.  :o
               Bob                

Charger_Fan

Man, that wall doesn't look like an easy fix!

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Old Moparz

Quote from: Charger_Fan on September 23, 2017, 03:46:14 PM
Man, that wall doesn't look like an easy fix!

Nope, not easy & it was fixed already in several places so the plan now is to build a new one. The failing one is not even that old, it was built in the early 1990's.

Most areas in front of the wall it's at least a 30° incline & some even steeper. You'll need to construct a level access road that needs a temporary wall & fill it in to be able to work. Another option is to lower a work platform from above by crane, but it'll have to be a huge crane with a long reach since you can't go near the wall from above with a heavy piece of equipment.
               Bob                

timmycharger

My Uncle and his sons dug up his 383 that was thrown behind a shed in the early 1980's. I tried to dig it up in the early nineties and by then it was halfway buried.

I'm sure it's garbage but still cool to see.  Loving the yellow paint on it, gave my Uncle a hard time about that  :icon_smile_big:

Kern Dog

It would be a cool story if it can be rebuilt. I'd guess that the block would still be okay, right?

alfaitalia

.....Seems to be a little bit of valve cover on the right hand rust....
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

timmycharger

Quote from: Kern Dog on September 25, 2017, 01:06:21 PM
It would be a cool story if it can be rebuilt. I'd guess that the block would still be okay, right?

That would be very cool indeed, but sadly I think it got ruined the first winter it sat through, I would imagine that ice formed in places and caused cracks? I can picture the cylinders being one solid mass of piston and rod, but someday I will mess around with it.   He put it there in the first place after it spun a bearing.

Quote from: alfaitalia on September 25, 2017, 01:07:55 PM
.....Seems to be a little bit of valve cover on the right hand rust....

haha some nice patina there for sure

Bronzedodge

Yeah, I'd suspect freeze damage at some point.  Rain, freezing weather, done.  My buddy's spare 400 split right down the freeze plugs on one side, 3 to 9 o'clock across all three on one side.  Lesson learned.    :Twocents:
Mopar forever!

Fred

Took this pic of the twelve Apostles (or what's left of them) along our Great Ocean Road........

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Fred

Quote from: alfaitalia on September 14, 2017, 01:38:23 PM
Interesting fact time!.....per square mile the UK has more Tornados then any other country in the world.......just not very big ones luckily. Lesson over!

That's really interesting. I (like most people I imagine) thought America was the Tornado capital of the world. I had no idea they occurred so frequently in the UK.

johnnycharger

68X426

We got critters all night on the patio. 

(Ignore the time stamp, the camera has a corrupted program.)

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

BDF

Don't startle it with it aimed at you!

VegasCharger

This critter was napping behind my door shell leaning up against the exterior wall of the property line. It was at night time so I caught off guard as well as him catching me off guard! :o

71charger_fan

There was a large fly in the house and he was determined to catch it.

DeltaV

This weekend at the Savannah National Wildlife Refuge

Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning. - Erwin Rommel

Fred