News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Lee Sicilio breaks speed record in a clone daytona

Started by wingcars6970, September 16, 2005, 05:41:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wingcars6970

Lee Sicilio again has set a new land speed record for his clone daytona.Out fitted with Teds parts from TX like nose and window plug etc .To verify to date he has had zero defects or any fiberglass short comings he set one thanking Ted.As a unbiased review.Coming from a out sider a independant that has nothing to gain by making allegations .When I recieve it It will be posted.((Then maybe you can explain Charger Vert)) Why this race car under several kinds of stress is exhibiting no fiberglass short comings of Teds parts.As you claim the street useage ones will fail.Also how many outsider independant customer satisfaction salutes are on the dayclona website.At this time or ever

Ghoste

Well, I'm MUCH less interested in the parts dispute than I was the speed record.  I was kind of hoping by the thread title you had some info and "I was there" pictures of the event.
Imagine my disappointment.  :brickwall: :horse: :dancinglock:

Shakey

I'll bet that nose cone and window plug made all the difference.  ::)

Take this shit elsewhere!

wingcars6970

Well when a associate of dayclona a one charger vert Pete christensen .Make claims as fiberglass parts from TX .Will not hold up this race car and its parts and accomplishment .Say other wise

Shakey

Quote from: Shakey on September 16, 2005, 06:43:26 AM
Take this shit elsewhere!

:iagree:

If you let it go, maybe they will too!

I don't think anyone here cares!

cudaken

I have spoke with Lee on the phone a couple of times. In fact I bought some parts from him. Told Ted's parts hold up just fine on his Daytona Clone. Remember, Ted made 3 grades of wings, Lee used the one that was like $1500.00.

The parts I got from Ted where top notch and way better made than other glass parts I have seen. My only beef was the 4:00 AM phone call's and waitting for a year for parts.

How fast did Lee go this time? I think the last time him and I spoke he was doing 245.5 MPH. That is hauling.

Cuda Ken
I am back

BigBlockSam

he says he used the fiberglass nose and plug. i doubt that any fiberglass wing will work at those speeds. i've always heard that ted makes the best fiberglass wing car parts, he just takes a long time and there expensive .  Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

cudaken

Lee's is glass from Ted.

Cuda Ken
I am back

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

Charger1970

QuoteLee Sicilio again has set a new land speed record for his clone daytona.Out fitted with Teds parts from TX like nose and window plug etc .To verify to date he has had zero defects or any fiberglass short comings he set one thanking Ted.As a unbiased review.Coming from a out sider a independant that has nothing to gain by making allegations .When I recieve it It will be posted.((Then maybe you can explain Charger Vert)) Why this race car under several kinds of stress is exhibiting no fiberglass short comings of Teds parts.As you claim the street useage ones will fail.Also how many outsider independant customer satisfaction salutes are on the dayclona website.At this time or ever

Uhhhh...what? ??? Is it just me?
1970 Charger 500
2015 Challenger SRT

Ghoste

It's a personal attack that a few members are thankfully trying to turn into a meaningful discussion on the durbaility of glass wings at speed.

cudaken

First you need to know that it has been 5 years sense I spoke with either Lee or Ted so I may not remember all the details. If I remember right the $1500 wing where re enforced with steel rods. Unlike many here I have never seen Teds wing off. I had a orginal wing that was a friend's extra that I was going to use till Ted made mine. But Ted never made me one when I had money and I finaly gave up the project.

Cuda Ken
I am back

Old Moparz

Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

BigBlockSam

Old Moparz

Bob                

BigBlockSam

seagrams VO, with a big club soda next to, goes down like mothers milk   :punkrocka:

Ghoste

BigBlockSam

hey Ghoste , thanks for the site . very cool
  look at the George T Stragg,  137 proof    :nutkick:

Ghoste

Not so easy to get in Canada, but I do love a neat glass of fine bourbon.

wingcars6970

Well when you have charger vert and associates at dayclona bad mouthing TX parts.This record breaker clone daytona outfitted in TX parts .Discredits there claims and allegations againist fiberglass products

Ghoste

Fiberglass is good.  I have heard though that too many fumes from the resin can cause brain damage.

hotrod98

Will you have whiskey with your water Or sugar with your tea?
What are these crazy questions That they`re asking of me?

I'm sure they all make some nice parts. It's obvious that the steel parts are much more durable than the fg parts, but they cost a lot more too. But then again, are we comparing all of the parts or just the fg parts?
I say to each his own. It's really not worth arguing over.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

PocketThunder

Quote from: Ghoste on September 16, 2005, 11:07:56 AM
Ah, connosourie's!   Check out www.straightbourbon.com

awe hell ya!  thanks for the link.  i had a date with Makers Mark last night...

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Old Moparz

I'll have to check out the bourbon site later.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,2946.0.html

Not up to drinking that yet with antibiotics, although it might make my eyes feel better. :o
               Bob