News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

MoparStuart's Convertible Superbird Project Pic's

Started by MOPARHOUND!, August 17, 2007, 01:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

Quote from: BigBlockSam on May 05, 2008, 11:16:22 PM
Quoteany one ever use them 

those companys are ok fo stock  but when you go hp on those motors ,  they viod the warrenty . Rene
I was wondering about weather my six pac would void the warranty  ? I think i'll call them

what about the . 40 over block i found  heard they get hot bored that far ???  anyone ???
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

BigBlockSam

Quotewhat about the . 40 over block i found  heard they get hot bored that far   anyone

Report to moderator    Logged 

I've heard of people using 40-60 over on the street but i wouldn't . specially with the restriction of air that the birdies nose create . 440's like to run hot when there standard bore .  :Twocents:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

moparstuart

Quote from: BigBlockSam on May 06, 2008, 10:41:06 AM
Quote    what about the . 40 over block i found  heard they get hot bored that far   anyone

Report to moderator    Logged 

I've heard of people using 40-60 over on the street but i wouldn't . specially with the restriction of air that the birdies nose create . 440's like to run hot when there standard bore .  :Twocents:
thats what i was afraid of also , other wise i would have already had this motor bought

Daytona Guy

Quote from: moparstuart on May 04, 2008, 09:54:28 PM
check out my road trip thread here         http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,43578.0.html#top

I have never seen this before. What blew - what caused this? Did the block fail or did a thrown rod blow out that block? That is an unbelievable picture. I am so sorry. Was that an after market block? Did you build it? I just finished my new 440 and stuck it in my car last month - I hope I am OK. Wish you the best Man.

moparstuart

Quote from: Daytona Guy on May 06, 2008, 12:05:22 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on May 04, 2008, 09:54:28 PM
check out my road trip thread here         http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,43578.0.html#top

I have never seen this before. What blew - what caused this? Did the block fail or did a thrown rod blow out that block? That is an unbelievable picture. I am so sorry. Was that an after market block? Did you build it? I just finished my new 440 and stuck it in my car last month - I hope I am OK. Wish you the best Man.
I dont have it apart yet but yes it has to be a rod .  No I didnt build the motor and thats most likely why it blew . It suposidly had 20k on it I just had the heads redone and put all the six pack stuff on it .   Plus it wasnt good that it sat for 7 years on the shelf out of the car . But it wasnt stuck so we gambled and lost LOL . Once we get it out and apart I'll post pictures.

BigBlockSam

for $1000 to $1200 any machine shop can make you a great short block. at least then you know what you got. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

moparstuart

Quote from: BigBlockSam on May 06, 2008, 07:15:16 PM
for $1000 to $1200 any machine shop can make you a great short block. at least then you know what you got. Rene
yeah  thats the way i will go I was just hoping to  plug and play

BigBlockSam

hey

we used those manufactured motor places before. they'll do a short block for you . if you ask them and there turn around time was 7 days . so you could be back in business in no time . when i worked in my friends shop . we would have them do the motor for us and ask them to put on an hp oil pump . at an extra cost. then when we got it we would change the cam .
Rene

moparstuart

just got word back from my mechanic's shop they didnt pull  the motor yet . They pulled the pan though and it was the # 2 rod just broke right in the middle ?
  no wear on the baring , no problem with the piston or wrist pin ?  really sucks it just broke , then it went up and broke the cam Too  ! i

The70RT

I guess it was something that you wouldn't have noticed while building. Go figure. :shruggy:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

moparstuart

Quote from: The70RT on May 15, 2008, 09:19:45 PM
I guess it was something that you wouldn't have noticed while building. Go figure. :shruggy:
yeah once we get it all apart we will have to check it and the other rods for cracks ?

66chargerkid

picture at Kansas Speedway

moparstuart

BigBlockSam

Quotethis is my new favorite picture of the birdable   

:yesnod:  looks tuff in that picture.  :2thumbs:

66chargerkid

moparstuart

the car looks great just wish it had ran alittle longer .I feel better knowing it was a fine fracture (unforseeable problem) . Rather then i got swindled on something else about the car.

moparstuart

We went  to leo Mcgraws shop tonight to stuff the goodie bags for the HPAC car show next weekend. While there we got alook at the Birdable engine problems .

moparstuart

:icon_smile_blackeye:

moparstuart

:eek2:  it even bent the pan

moparstuart

:icon_smile_angry:  there cuda & daytona race cars

moparstuart

:icon_smile_dissapprove:

moparstuart

:flame:  check out the # 2 rod

moparstuart

The70RT

Yep it gernaded pretty good. Looks like the cam took a hit too  :eek2: Oh yeah the motor I got from you turned out great. 65lb. oil pressure  :yesnod: Thanks again.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

moparstuart

Quote from: The70RT on May 29, 2008, 10:09:47 PM
Yep it gernaded pretty good. Looks like the cam took a hit too  :eek2: Oh yeah the motor I got from you turned out great. 65lb. oil pressure  :yesnod: Thanks again.
any time dennis it was a pleasure doing buisness with you , hope you have a great driver now or make some money flipping it

yes the cam is shot broke it , every thing looks so nice and fresh too it's sad that six pac rod just let go right in the middle ?