News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Not you're average C500.

Started by Charger_Fan, September 24, 2005, 11:19:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger_Fan

I'm sure you regular C500 watchers have seen this one, but I just tripped over it...

Linky---> **Link Removed** <--- Linky

I have a feeling that this one doesn't come with all it's take-off parts.  :-\
I dunno, I guess it could be worse.

Oh & nice VIN tag too. ::)

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Charger_Fan

Before I shoot myself in the foot too badly here, let me say that yes, I am a fan of resto-modding & that this car probably really handles & drives great with it's cool upgrades...however, they should have left this car...a Charger 500...alone & done this to some other, lesser valueable Charger.

Lastly, THAT EXHAUST SYSTEM IS AWESOME!!! :drool5:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

SuBLimE 69

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on September 24, 2005, 11:24:44 PM
Before I shoot myself in the foot too badly here, let me say that yes, I am a fan of resto-modding & that this car probably really handles & drives great with it's cool upgrades...however, they should have left this car...a Charger 500...alone & done this to some other, lesser valueable Charger.

Lastly, THAT EXHAUST SYSTEM IS AWESOME!!! :drool5:
:iagree: and thats why i bought a 318 nothing fancy car to mod.  I'd much rather see that car stock or really close.  Don't get me wrong, the car is sexy but its a damn shame to do a 500 like that. 

This ticket is only $69.00 ?  If I'd have known that I'd have been going FASTER !

BigBlockSam

please , help me before my head explodes   :brickwall:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Old Moparz

I just saw pics of that car somewhere, but I forget where. It's not bad, I kind of like the bigger wheels with the lighter color too. I almost agree about modifying a rare car, with not being the best choice, but it's not like he cut the rear window out & flared the wheel lips. The car is now more drivable, & probably much more enjoyable to sit behind the wheel knowing where it will go when steering & braking. I've had, & driven a bunch of B-Body cars, both with radials & bias-ply tires, & they aren't dream machines when it comes to handling.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Old Moparz on September 25, 2005, 12:59:24 AM
I just saw pics of that car somewhere, but I forget where. It's not bad, I kind of like the bigger wheels with the lighter color too. I almost agree about modifying a rare car, with not being the best choice, but it's not like he cut the rear window out & flared the wheel lips. The car is now more drivable, & probably much more enjoyable to sit behind the wheel knowing where it will go when steering & braking. I've had, & driven a bunch of B-Body cars, both with radials & bias-ply tires, & they aren't dream machines when it comes to handling.
If it weren't for the fact that this seems to be a genuine 1 of *less than 400* Chargers made like this, I couldn't agree with you more. I totally understand the idea of having an old musclecar with the handling capabilities of a more modern car...I dream of that nightly, if not weekly.
I just don't agree with doing it to such a rare car. Hell, make a C500 clone from a HELLPEG 318 car & do that to IT! :icon_smile_big:

I dunno...I guess, looking from the flip side of the coin, it's better to have it this way than to have it rotting in some putz's barn.

Charger Aficionado

I like those "wheel vintiques" wheels ALOT.   I agree on stock for this car.   I am not putting stock wheels on my 500 SE.   Galen said Road wheels or those "Bullit" hubcaps belonged on SEs...  
  Because of the following car I chose to go with the police wheels, redlines, and Hemi Caps.   I am thinking about going to stock steel wheels though (like this pic)...   What do you all suggest?   (Hemi cap idea is STAYING).   I like the contrast between the green and red:

Jon Smith

It might be a rare car, but a modified one is rarer
I bet nearly all of the surviving 500s are stock, why worry about one

cudaken

Lose the wheels, replaces the spindles, rehang the springs and you have a pretty cool 500. Don't think anyone will fault him for the Hemi.

Cuda Ken
I am back

firefighter3931

Quote from: Jon Smith on September 25, 2005, 08:04:03 AM
It might be a rare car, but a modified one is rarer
I bet nearly all of the surviving 500s are stock, why worry about one

:iagree: That is one sharp car, but it needs more tire on the back end !   :devil:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

TruckDriver

Quote from: cudaken on September 25, 2005, 09:39:23 AM
Lose the wheels, replaces the spindles, rehang the springs and you have a pretty cool 500. Don't think anyone will fault him for the Hemi.

Cuda Ken
:iagree:

Hey C_F, how do you change the name of the link like that?
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Charger Aficionado

Quote him and you'll find out his code for it! :) 

Nupe

That car sure did see some $$ on the resto.  No fan of the wheels or lowering, but I bet it would be fun to arrive at a show and pop the hood.  Maybe the car was rough to start with and the original drivetrain was long gone???  ???

At least it will probably get driven like this.  Not like the cars that can't even run because it might burn the NOS stickers off the exhaust.  ::)

'79 Lil'Red Express.

69_500

I had that VIN number in my list of known 500's, however I didn't have any information on that car. I'll have to talk to someone at the Winged Warriors to see what all info they had on the car as in origional options. they mention its a factory A/C car but they installed an under dash a/c unit now. why not just leave the origional a/c switches in the car then?

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Charger_Fan

Quote from: dads_69 on September 25, 2005, 04:08:36 AM
I need to chime in here about this car. Key word, *car*. Thats all it is, rare, yes, but still a material item. The guy who modified it, did it by choice, not for factory correct resale value.
I agree with what you're saying.
It's us as humans that places such value on an inanimate object like this. The value of all Chargers, from 318 to 426 cars is all placed by us...one model is more valueable to one individual than it is to others.

I'm not completely pissed this guy did this...now if he made it a 4x4 General Lee C500, THEN I'd be pissed! :icon_smile_big:

DCG, did you figure it out? They usually look cleaner, this one's messy because of the arrows ---><---

Silver R/T

I love everything hes done to it, I would take this hot rodded one over original one any day, dont really care about value of original one, this one would be more fun
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Charger Aficionado

It SURELY is a DRIVER.  Imagine having a Aerodymanic body built for the track with a ELEPHANT in it, and disc brakes all-the-way-around!!!  That'd surely be a THRILL RIDE!!!

jaak

Quote from: Silver R/T on September 25, 2005, 08:13:19 PM
I love everything hes done to it, I would take this hot rodded one over original one any day, dont really care about value of original one, this one would be more fun
:iagree:  Who wants a trailer queen?  With all the technology, I'm glad to see a "rare" car brought into the 21st century, if one day I'm ever lucky enough to own a hemi car, wing car, 6 pak, C500 or any desirable mopar that baby will be on the road, not one of these Orange-peel, paint daub, original air in my tires restoration, thats waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay overboard.

69_500

Hey Charger Aficianado, are you still looking to get rid of your C500? If so I know of a person who would be interested in the car. Met up with him at St. Louis and he is still looking for a green Charger 500. I told him I"d ask you if your's was still on the market.

Also if anyone knows I've got a buddy who has a Green Charger 500 who is looking to trade it even up for a B5 Blue Charger 500. He has been looking for a Blue 500 for about 25 years now, so now he decided to try to trade the green one to get a blue one.

PocketThunder

Quote from: 69_500 on September 26, 2005, 07:30:00 PM
Hey Charger Aficianado, are you still looking to get rid of your C500? If so I know of a person who would be interested in the car. Met up with him at St. Louis and he is still looking for a green Charger 500. I told him I"d ask you if your's was still on the market.

Also if anyone knows I've got a buddy who has a Green Charger 500 who is looking to trade it even up for a B5 Blue Charger 500. He has been looking for a Blue 500 for about 25 years now, so now he decided to try to trade the green one to get a blue one.

What? nobody wants a Dark Bronze one??  :'(  Ok i'll keep it then.

I know about a R4 Red 440 auto coming up for sale.  I tried to buy it when the guy pulled it out of the junk yard but he's gonna fix it up first then sell it so that means its outta my price range.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

SeattleCharger

Ya, I like those old vintage style wheels, here is one I saw in Olympia Washington about five years ago, like the paint job, sort of looks like a race car.

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

MoparYoungGun

Quote from: PocketThunder on September 26, 2005, 10:46:14 PM
What? nobody wants a Dark Bronze one??   :'(   Ok i'll keep it then.
I'll take it ;) .

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69_500 on September 25, 2005, 02:42:43 PM
I had that VIN number in my list of known 500's, however I didn't have any information on that car. I'll have to talk to someone at the Winged Warriors to see what all info they had on the car as in origional options. they mention its a factory A/C car but they installed an under dash a/c unit now. why not just leave the origional a/c switches in the car then?

I agree,,, man, it's an even more rare C500 if it's a real one WITH air...  :icon_smile_sad:

I'm sorry, should have done it to a regular Charger....

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

mustanghater

I'd drive it. I think it looks cool. I bet it was found in bad shape and/or missing its engine.
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed