News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

t shirts

Started by waroc, September 29, 2007, 03:58:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

waroc

:METAL:   is there a t shirt available for this website yet? and if so where can i get one.  if not , you should have a little contest to design the t shirt maybe give away some little token of a prize or something. that'd be kinda cool to have your design on the  website's t shirt. thank waroc   :punkrocka:
M a s s i v e l y  O v e r  P o w e r e d  A n d  R e s p e c t e d

69bronzeT5

Quote from: waroc on September 29, 2007, 03:58:24 PM
ittle contest to design the t shirt

Thats actually a good idea :cheers:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Silver R/T

uh oh...another t-shirt thread.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

BMOTOXSTAR

73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Big Lebowski

No thanks...fell for that one already. :slap:
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

69bronzeT5

Man, I have too much time on my hands :lol:

69bronzeT5

Charger-Bodie

i think the shirts would look the best and fit the wants of everyone here best if they have the website emblem large and in charge front and back!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

69_500

I hope this thread goes to the dark depths of this site. I don't think Troy would be too interested in ever doing a Tshirt.

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: 69_500 on September 29, 2007, 05:19:38 PM
I hope this thread goes to the dark depths of this site. I don't think Troy would be too interested in ever doing a Tshirt.

..........................i dont think he is really against a t-shirt..........http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,23066.30.html
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

waroc

:METAL:  come on fellas, be true to your school ! your a part of a cool club, wouldn't you want to represent at car shows and places like the drag strip or cruises or what not ?  geez..........  :punkrocka:

Nacho-RT74

what did happen with the poster ?... I PM sometime go to 6packrunner ( I think I PM to him ) and didn't get and answer!!!
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

41husk

Hmmmmmm! a T-shirt! I wonder why no one else has ever thought of that.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

waroc

:METAL:  yeah , yeah i know this subject has already been posted, probably to death by now, but if you don't put a fire uder someone's behind, it'll never get done  :punkrocka:

Orange_Crush

I already have the only T-shirt that matters....the one from the 1970 Charger Registry (Thanks Chris G.).

BTW Chris...

How can I go about getting another one of those?
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

Todd Wilson

This whole shirt thing is a big ugly mess anyway you look at it. Lots of folks got burned from the old site's owner Jesse. 

After hearing many people cry about not having any cool Charger t shirts out there I posted a message a few years back that my club/show had a Charger shirt for sale.  We have shirts for sale every year.  I instantly got flamed by many people who claimed that I screwed them out of their shirt! After a few days of messages it was clear by ALL people involved that my club/show was not the organization that did it. It was all left over from the old web site. From that standpoint you can understand why Troy doesnt want to get involved again in another shirt deal.

If a shirt deal was to be done it takes time and money to get the shirts produced in the first place.  You need to pay for art and design work  and then order the shirts. Usually you have to have up front cash to do this. Hope you dont order to many or you are stuck with a bunch of shirts you cant get rid of. You then also have to deal with keeping track of the money and everyones name and address. When the shirts are made you then have to worry about packaging and addressing the mailed piece and get it to the post office.  A site of this size could produce 1000 shirt orders. Most likely a shirts cost would be 8$-10$ a piece. Add 5$ (roughly) for mailing and your costs are 15$ a shirt. A few dollars more for profit would be about it. The 8$-10$ a piece cost x's 1000 s a lot of dough to just cough up for most of us.

It simply would bury who ever was involved in the shirt deal. And its most likely someone will get overlooked or lost in the shuffle. Then you got to worry about dealing with peoples BS that they didnt get their shirt. Theres probably at least one POS person out there that will receive their shirt and then claim they didnt get it. Troy most likely would have to do this shirt deal himself as anyone helping from the outside could not do a good job and it would still fall back on Troy and this site.

In order to keep the price down where no one would bitch about it being to expensive  your profit per shirt would only be a few dollars at best. A lot of work involved just for shirts. It would be easier to just send Troy 5$ a year to help cover the site costs. 1000 people x 5$ is a lot of $ to help pay for the monthly costs involved with running the site. I am taking a guess here but I bet this sites monthly costs are in the 75$ to 100$ range unless Troy has some connections. Not to mention the time involved.

Having a site shirt would be cool but look at it from the other side of things and it can be a pain!

Todd

waroc

:METAL:   :shruggy:  i didn't know it'd be that big a deal......  i won't mention it again  :punkrocka:

Charger_Fan

Todd, you're quite right. I got thinking though, there's always the 'Cafe Press' idea, which Chris (Just 6T9) has been using for a while with his registry site; http://www.cafepress.com/registry
The main hurdle would be to submit a design to Cafe Press & they would take care of the rest.

Of course, this doesn't mean the shirts are gonna be super cheap, but at least it's a way to deal with the shirt issue. Who knows, maybe they'll even make coffee mugs? :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Troy

Quote from: waroc on September 29, 2007, 03:58:24 PM
:METAL:   is there a t shirt available for this website yet?
I guess you can tell that the answer to that question is "no"?

Quote from: Big Lebowski on September 29, 2007, 04:34:31 PM
No thanks...fell for that one already. :slap:
Different web site. Different owner. I understand though which is one of the main reasons I haven't done anything yet.

Quote from: waroc on October 01, 2007, 01:06:15 PM
:METAL:  come on fellas, be true to your school ! your a part of a cool club, wouldn't you want to represent at car shows and places like the drag strip or cruises or what not ?  geez..........  :punkrocka:
I agree completely.

Quote from: Orange_Crush on October 01, 2007, 01:42:08 PM
I already have the only T-shirt that matters....the one from the 1970 Charger Registry (Thanks Chris G.).
Hmmmm, not sure what to think about that. :scratchchin: Although, I'm a bit surprised that they would want to be associated with you... :P

Quote from: Todd Wilson on October 01, 2007, 02:04:21 PM
This whole shirt thing is a big ugly mess anyway you look at it. Lots of folks got burned from the old site's owner Jesse. 
That's the key - the "old site". I had absolutely nothing to do with the site from an ownership standpoint nor was I involved with any deals for shirts, hats, stickers, or anything else. Some people can't/won't separate the two though.

If a shirt deal was to be done it takes time and money to get the shirts produced in the first place.
Which leads us to this point. I have no intention of selling anything that I don't have in my hand so all the costs would come out of my pocket up front. Even 30-40 shirts is a decent sized investment considering the other expenses.

A site of this size could produce 1000 shirt orders.
Hmmm, lop a zero or two off of there and I'd agree. ;) We may get a lot of orders over time but I'd be real surprised if there were more than 50 for the first round.

In order to keep the price down where no one would bitch about it being to expensive  your profit per shirt would only be a few dollars at best. A lot of work involved just for shirts.
Which brings us here. I paid approximately $150 for the stickers that I *gave* away this summer. On top of that, dealing with the printer and their mistakes was a royal pain. In the end, I'd have lost money even if I sold the stickers. I can't afford too many more "investments" like that. However, that was a trial run to see if the same company could make shirts/hats so it wasn't a complete failure.

I am taking a guess here but I bet this sites monthly costs are in the 75$ to 100$ range unless Troy has some connections. Not to mention the time involved.
Yes, I have a few connections. However, it still costs $150 per month for the server (we've been up for 29 months so you guys can do the math). I figure that I am so far in the hole at this point that I'll be way ahead of any donations or merchandise sales when the time comes. At least I shouldn't be accused of misusing the money for personal gain. :eyes:

Seriously, I'm working on shirts but I've had very little free time this year. I'm not in the position to trust many people when it comes to site business - primarily due to the problems already mentioned - which means that it will get done when I can devote the time and energy to it. I'm certainly happy that people are interested in promoting the site and being a part of the group/club but I have to ask for a bit of patience.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Ponch ®

. It was all left over from the old web site. From that standpoint you can understand why Troy doesnt want to get involved again in another shirt deal.

I don't blame Troy for not making this a priority - especially when there are certain sociopaths and other degenerates that will threaten to show up at his door and beat him up over a lousy $20 shirt.

That being said -  Troy, should you eventually decide to pursue this endeavor, I know a guy through my LX Car club who does shirts/hats/vinyl stuff. If you ever get to the stage of looking at prices and whatnot, I can give you his contact info.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Chris G.

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on October 01, 2007, 04:50:31 PM
Todd, you're quite right. I got thinking though, there's always the 'Cafe Press' idea, which Chris (Just 6T9) has been using for a while with his registry site; http://www.cafepress.com/registry
The main hurdle would be to submit a design to Cafe Press & they would take care of the rest.

I had a CafePress store about 3 years ago, and they shut me down because of my logo. Not exactly sure why, but they did. Maybe it was the Charger logo, maybe the Pentastar? Who knows, but I see a lot worse than what I had on that site all the time. I emailed them asking about it, and hopefully they will let me know how I am breaking the rules.

Anyway, it still amazes me that some members still associate the old site with the new one. Must be hard to move on or something. I like the dc.com logo, and I would wear a shirt if they were available. I know what Troy means about buying shirts. I spent a ton buying a bunch of shirts (maybe 120?). I lost big on them, but making money wasn't my concern (exposure was more important).

ps- OC, hit me with a PM with address info, and I will get one (or two) to you. Need a magnet as well?  :thumbs:

pss- BTW, '70 shirts are still available at super low prices ;). You think Wal-Mart gives deals? You ain't seen nothing compared to mine. Shameless plug.  :lol:

Big Lebowski

Ok, no problem. I'd trust Troy for 3 t-shirts $70 bucks or whatever. I'd also toss in $50 for the server costs (anybody else?). The only reason is I'd promise to do this is because I trust Troy, he isn't Jessie. It's that simple, some people are trustworthy like Troy & then there's the Jessie's of the world who take the cash and burn the bridge's on the way out of town.
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

chargerman68

Quote from: Big Lebowski on October 01, 2007, 09:45:50 PM
Ok, no problem. I'd trust Troy for 3 t-shirts $70 bucks or whatever. I'd also toss in $50 for the server costs (anybody else?). The only reason is I'd promise to do this is because I trust Troy, he isn't Jessie. It's that simple, some people are trustworthy like Troy & then there's the Jessie's of the world who take the cash and burn the bridge's on the way out of town.

i will kick in some money if it wasnt for this site and the people the car would be gone by now.....
1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

70charger_boy

DS440-You better copyright that modtop Daytona train bigfoot pic.  You created a goldmine there