News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 Hemi Charger R/T Project Car...

Started by bzabodyn, October 04, 2007, 06:23:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TUFCAT

I'm GUILTY.  The cat made me do it. I shouldn't have been so cynical.  :devil:  Unfortunately, as my only defense there have been too many stories (too good to be true) like yours that never materialize on these boards. Luckilly for you - this one did, and you have an awesome prize for your efforts. Score one for the little guy!!  Now that I'm eating my words  :icon_smile_blackeye:, my only criticism was the risk of telling the world about this car before you had it. Most people wouldn't have said anything. 

My compliments for your HARD WORK, AND SCORING A GREAT HEMI CAR!

70charger_boy

Quote from: Dodge Don on October 04, 2007, 09:21:13 PM
Seems to me alot of folks owe this guy an apology for doubting him.

You know the post whores who over and over post primarily posts with the  :smilielol: or  :popcrn: as the only content.

Bzabodyn, best of luck with your jewel. Very nice. She'll be the wet dream of most of these tools who doubted you.

:iagree:  :smilielol: 2 weeks and it's mr 3k  :popcrn:

Ghoste

Well, this is one post whore who believed it all along.  Congratulations again on a great score!

PocketThunder

Quote from: Dodge Don on October 04, 2007, 09:21:13 PM
Seems to me alot of folks owe this guy an apology for doubting him.

You know the post whores who over and over post primarily posts with the  :smilielol: or  :popcrn: as the only content.

Bzabodyn, best of luck with your jewel. Very nice. She'll be the wet dream of most of these tools who doubted you.

Are you speaking to me?  I'm not apologizing for any of my popcorns.   :popcrn:  :popcrn:  :popcrn:  :popcrn:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

71ChallengeHer

Magnumcharger

I can't believe I'm the first to do so, but if you consider selling the wing.....
I WANT FIRST DIBS!!!

Oh yeah, this has been a great conclusion to another "Hemi in a Barn" story. I rank this right up there with the 1970 Dick Landy Hemi Charger thread.

Congratulations on the rewards of your perserverance!
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

The70RT

From one whore to another  :popcrn:. and miet as whell be a drunck 2 :cheers:. Can't wait to see it done :2thumbs:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

70charger_boy

Quote from: The70RT on October 05, 2007, 05:35:55 AM
From one whore to another  :popcrn:. and miet as whell be a drunck 2 :cheers:. Can't wait to see it done :2thumbs:

Us professional whores need  to  :smilielol: and eat :popcrn: and drink  :cheers:

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on October 04, 2007, 11:28:03 PM
For some reason I'm hungry for some :popcrn: :popcrn:

:wave:

Chris G.

Awesome find man! You got a lot of work ahead of you, but getting the car you want is always the hardest part.  :yesnod:

ps- Geno, can you spray the weeds please?  :angel:

ds440

Very cool find. :cheers: A holy grail of sorts...!

Anyone else notice the rear side markers are body color?  I thought I read in another post that there are some 500s floating around with body color side marker bezels, but I haven't seen too many unmolested R/Ts that way(?).   :scratchchin: :scratchchin: :scratchchin:

Either way, best of luck with the car - and keep us updated! :yesnod: :2thumbs:
1968 Charger R/T, 440 auto.

gtx6970

so the one storing said car for 18 years couldn't file a lien on the title for back storage or to get a title or something

Mopurr

Enjoy decoding sheets, if you don't hear from Galen soon and want to me to give it a go, PM me.

Sherri

Oh and Congrats!

PocketThunder

Hey, bzabodyn,  Check this site out if you havent already and find out everthing you need to know about restoring a 69 Hemi 4-speed R/T.  I've been to Jets place to see the progress that he was making right before he painted it and it is pretty damn cool.  I think he sold it for mid $200's, MsMopar knows the exact amount, she told me but i dont remember. 

www.69hemi.com

Here is a 426 hemi registry if your interested.  http://www.thehemi.com/426hemiregistry.php

And i was searching for some kind of liquid that you could put on the build sheet that might help it release from the seat springs, but I didn't find anything on the internet, or any methods of removal.  So my best suggestion would be to take an exacto knife and carefully scrape the rust away between the paper and the seat spring.  Or cut the springs on each side of the seat and leave it attached to the paper and display it as is.  That would probably be better.  Just find a different back seat bottom.  I have an extra one if you want it.  :yesnod:

Paul
in St. Paul
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

hemi68charger

Quote from: PocketThunder on October 05, 2007, 09:53:37 AM
Hey, bzabodyn,  Check this site out if you havent already and find out everthing you need to know about restoring a 69 Hemi 4-speed R/T.  I've been to Jets place to see the progress that he was making right before he painted it and it is pretty damn cool.  I think he sold it for mid $200's, MsMopar knows the exact amount, she told me but i dont remember. 

www.69hemi.com

Paul
in St. Paul

Jet's website is awesome........ I''m using it for reference for my '68 Hemi Charger R/T resto. He's given me some pointers.. Nice guy................ There's a red Hemi '69 here in the Houston area as well, unrestored car.. Almost a twin except for the interior color and top/stripe...

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

bzabodyn

Quote from: Mopurr on October 05, 2007, 09:42:37 AM
Enjoy decoding sheets, if you don't hear from Galen soon and want to me to give it a go, PM me.

Sherri

Oh and Congrats!

I'll hold you up to that!
Thanks - BZ
1969 Dodge Charger R/T - 426 HEMI/4 speed/Track Pack

bzabodyn

Quote from: PocketThunder on October 05, 2007, 09:53:37 AM

www.69hemi.com

Here is a 426 hemi registry if your interested.  http://www.thehemi.com/426hemiregistry.php

And i was searching for some kind of liquid that you could put on the build sheet that might help it release from the seat springs, but I didn't find anything on the internet, or any methods of removal.  So my best suggestion would be to take an exacto knife and carefully scrape the rust away between the paper and the seat spring.  Or cut the springs on each side of the seat and leave it attached to the paper and display it as is.  That would probably be better.  Just find a different back seat bottom.  I have an extra one if you want it.  :yesnod:

Paul
in St. Paul

Funny thing is - I found your website first and the links sections brought me here!

I will probably have several questions throughout this process that I'll be contacting you for help or referring to your excellent website for guidance... that is a hell of a reference tool in restoring this car...

Thanks guys!
BZ

hemigeno

Here's a little of what I've extracted from the (somewhat blurry) copy of the Broadcast Sheet:

The obvious things - Hemi, 4-speed, R4 Red paint, black interior, etc.
Nov. 11, '68 Scheduled Build Date
3.54 Dana
Power Disc Brakes
15" Steelies with dog dish hubcaps
Woodgrain steering wheel

If you post or PM a copy of the whole sheet, we can probably tell you what every box means.

Good luck!!!

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

bzabodyn

Cool! I knew it was either a Track or Super Track pack car since I could verify everything except the drive ratio (of course) - I think I've  narrowed down the shops to do the resto job... has anyone here had any experience with Jeff's Resurrections in Taylor, TX? Sounds like a first class operation geared towards perfection (def. not going to be cheap, but it sounds like you'll get what you pay for) - and it's a plus to know he has 4-5 other Hemi cars on location and a Superbird to boot, so plenty of experience with B/E-Bodies and Hemis...

Thanks again - I'll try to get a better picture of the broadcast sheet this weekend after we attempt to remove it - on the plus side, my father contacted the gentleman that had been storing the car and he admitted to removing the fender tag some time back to run the codes and said he is going to locate it for us... cross your fingers!

Brandon

69_500

Hey any where on the sheet say that the car was a V88 car? Just curious. The rear bezels is the exact reason I asked about the repaint. If it hasn't been repainted them I'm going to say that the stripe on the car isn't the origional one? If so why would the bezels be red instead of black. Haven't ever seen an R/T with the bezels body color. Now 500's are a whole other ballgame.

supserdave

Awesome story, thats right up there with one of the best. Can't wait to see the progress begin.

C_stripes

I know of a orig paint 69 bee that the marker lights are body color. I'll find a pic
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

arrow

Quote from: 69_500 on October 05, 2007, 03:19:14 PM
Hey any where on the sheet say that the car was a V88 car? Just curious. The rear bezels is the exact reason I asked about the repaint. If it hasn't been repainted them I'm going to say that the stripe on the car isn't the origional one? If so why would the bezels be red instead of black. Haven't ever seen an R/T with the bezels body color. Now 500's are a whole other ballgame.

Ive got a 69 RT that has them body color !!

MsMopar

Congratulations! That is one heck of a find! I don't think you have heard the last from the guy that stored it for the last 18 years though. I don't know why he didn't try harder himself to obtain a title. Good luck on your restoration. Hope it goes a lot smoother than my 20 year project!  :cheers: MsMopar

bzabodyn

Well, he's been very friendly since we've received the car - he basically said "you have the car now, so you better keep your word and get it back on the road"... and like I said before, he's even been cooperative in trying to find the fender tag for us... I guess we'll see...

BZ