News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 Hemi Charger R/T Project Car...

Started by bzabodyn, October 04, 2007, 06:23:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

70charger_boy

Quote from: six-tee-nine on October 09, 2007, 01:42:46 PM
I can't imagine selling such a car if I had it in my garage.......

Come on guys it's a Hemi Charger with 3 pedals, if I would'nt know anything about sex I should say the best a man can have in this lifetime :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

Sorry, but this is the best a man can have in his lifetime

Hemidoug

looks like another one got saved! Congrats on your find and good luck with the project. Your in luck...they didn't have half the re-pop stuff available to me when I did mine....Nice having the original motor as well.... :2thumbs:
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

69bronzeT5

Quote from: bzabodyn on October 09, 2007, 10:19:42 AM
(taking into consideration he DOES have the fender tag)

So he has the fender tag? Is he planning on giving it to you??
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

bzabodyn

yeah, the last time I talked to him he admitted to taking it off a while back... my father talked to him yesterday and said he's looking for it and will hand it over when he finds it.... we're being persistent, but definitely not pushy...

BZ
1969 Dodge Charger R/T - 426 HEMI/4 speed/Track Pack

nakita7

Don't you just hate those 3-digit dilemmas....

kylem4711

hey bzabodyn,

I'll trade you for my soul?????

:shruggy:
1970 dodge charger rt 440 4-speed
1973 plymouth barracuda 4-speed

Magnumcharger

What your car needs: The donor clip from Hemigeno's Daytona project (which he ended up not using...)!!
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

moparstuart

Charger_Fan

Or Geno could make something like this outta that... :D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

PocketThunder

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on October 10, 2007, 01:53:12 PM

:smilielol:  Grant you are the picture finding master!!  I think between you and Old Moparz we are always covered.

By the way Gene's back half clip is not for sale.  I already asked.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Ghoste

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:Where did that come from!?  That has to be one of the funniest pics I 've seen in a long time!

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Magnumcharger

Prest-o-change-o.
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

bzabodyn

I don't know what it is about me, but I sure do attract some crazy-ass off-topic shit! Cool find on the trike!

I have posted a wanted ad in the classifieds on the board needing basically what was posted above... I'd REALLY like to get it all the way to the A-pillars, but I'm not going to be picky at this stage...

Let me know!

Brandon

oh - and I'm NOT selling the car... period.  It's going to be done, and it going to be done right... $75k, $100k, whatever...

hemi68charger

Brandon, you'll be happy you did.......

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

0X01B8

this story is nuts on so many levels, I can't believe this stuff happens.   :scratchchin:

1) original guy basically abandons car over mechanic's bill.  not like it's a ford taurus or something, but a hemi charger.
2) 2nd guy just keeps it around for 20 years and apparently never tries to acquire it legally.  This guy must be the dude in the movie 'Airplane' who waits in the taxi outside the airport for the whole film waiting for Ted Stryker to come back.
3) attorney basically owns the car, has all the leads on where to find it but never looks into them.  it's his brother's car - HELLO?, it's a hemi charger, HELLO!?!?!?!

anyway, after all that madness, you deserve to be the owner.  looking forward to seeing the progress, good luck!   :2thumbs:

-john

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Ghoste on October 10, 2007, 06:08:41 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:Where did that come from!?  That has to be one of the funniest pics I 've seen in a long time!
I have no idea where I found that, but the guy sure seems happy...his wife too. :lol:

Nice 'chop, Magnum! :2thumbs:

Sorry for my part in the hijack BZ, I couldn't resist. :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

moparstuart

bzabodyn

FYI - the wing is going to be removed this weekend and cleaned up, and I'm going to put it up for sale in the classifieds on Monday if I don't make a deal with someone before then... I really don't know exactly what it is worth, but I have a pretty good estimate - and if I don't get close to what I want for it in a week or so, I'll just EBay-it...

I'd like $3500 + shipping or I'll meet someone half way within reasonable distance from Houston, TX (couple hundred miles maybe?)... I'll listen to any reasonable offer, btw...

Thanks - Brandon

hemi-hampton

In your story you say owner didn't want to part with it because he became attached to it sitting around 18 years. I wonder if the real reason was because it was a Hemi car? :scratchchin:  I think that may have had more to do with it. Bizzare story. Congrats on the find. LEON.

charger_mike75

Just my  :Twocents: But you ought to keep the wing on it since it's part of the car's history.

1969chargerrtse

Just reading this stuff in awe :o. I'm thrilled to hear it's going to someone who wants to get it on the road asap. 1 question I have is, if you do this mint 100,000 dollar restoration on it, will you really want to drive it in the elements?  Some times a great driver is the way to go. :Twocents:   Congratulations, hope you and your dad have a great time with it.  Awesome story.  Rob.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

tan top

awesome  :yesnod: can't waite to see the resto pictures Brandon :popcrn: :yesnod: :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

rav440

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on October 10, 2007, 01:53:12 PM

:smilielol: thats my friends cousin JOE  :smilielol: the trike is  called " THE CONTRAPTION "  :smilielol:

back to the HEMI CHARGER

:popcrn:

1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX