News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Guitarists....post pics of your guitar!

Started by 69bronzeT5, November 02, 2007, 12:46:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Musicman

Quote from: MxRacer855 on February 01, 2015, 02:50:47 PMMy dad and I have always been into playing. Here's our little setup we have in the basement.

Oh Yeah! Cool place to hang out and play for sure!  :cheers:
Love the Black LP  :drool5:

Musicman

The previous image of my Hohner was quite old, so I took a new shot today... This is what it looks like these days.
It's from the early 70's so the wood is quite dark now compared to the Xaviere in the background..

Ponch ®

Blast from [my] past. My first electric guitar. X-mas present from my grandma in 1994. It's a no name strat copy, made in Korea (of surprisingly good quality, for what it is/was). The mid-90s being the prime of my teenage years, I was heavily into the grunge/90's punk/alternative thing back then - which explains the, ahem, decorations (that Airwalk sticker tho...)

Broke the neck sometime around 1997 and I never bothered to fix it because by then I'd moved on to other guitars, but this one will always have sentimental value.  Anyway, I recently cleaned out my storage locker and dug it out. I wanted to get it playable again, so I bought a Squier Strat on craigslist for $40 about a month ago to use as a donor. My brother is helping me out and we're taking all the good parts off the Squier and putting them on this body. Should be done in a few weeks, since we're working on it a little at a time. Gonna leave all the stickers and crap on it, because character.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Musicman

MxRacer855

I like them! Keep 'em coming fellas!   :2thumbs:

:cheers:

MxRacer855

Hey guys!  :cheers:

Just split this one with the old man and had to post it.

We just picked up this beautiful Olympic white American Strat! It's definitely not a '57, but still sounds great!  :2thumbs:

mrsskip68

Our son just had his first electric guitar lesson today! He did awesome! He's learning "Nothing else matters" (metallica), and has homework of "smoke on the water", besides finger exercises. He's a lefty so it was hard for Chuck to show him things since Chuck's a righty. Luckily his instructor is also a lefty!! I'm glad he's really enjoying it!  :2thumbs:
Lisa

Bob T

I just picked up a new amp the other week. Its a Fishman Loudbox Artist, rated at 120w with two inputs and a bunch of other stuff.
Sounds great with my Maton, good to be playing that again. But an amazing tone and sound out of the Fishman, cost was $1150 down from $1300 which was good.

Brought a Vintage overdrive pedal too, I'm loving that with my LP, don't know what the neighbours opinion is though, but its fun  :lol:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Musicman

Pretty cool Bob! I'd love to have that Fishman.

Here's my latest addition... an Italia Modena.

Bob T

Hey MM, thats a sparkly little monster, looks pretty sharp, how does it sound?
Vintage looking but is it a repop or old one?
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Musicman

Quote from: Bob T on May 19, 2015, 11:29:13 PM
Hey MM, thats a sparkly little monster, looks pretty sharp, how does it sound?
Vintage looking but is it a repop or old one?

Brand shinny new reissue with modern updates... http://www.italiaguitars.com/new/guitar/mode_01.html

It's a heavy guitar, very similar in weight to an original Gibson LP, not one of the lightweight knockoffs. Mini hum buckers always sound cool to me, I have them on my Wandre DLX too. Unlike the Wandre however, the Modena uses a 5-way switch and a blend control for various pickup output configurations. I picked this one up because my wife wanted to get me an Emerald Green (read Irish) guitar for my birthday this year. The one she was looking at costs about 3 times more than this one however, so I stepped in and beat her to the punch. I like it, it's definitely a cool guitar with that 60's retro finish... and my wife is happy that I saved a ton of money (more money for her later...LOL).

Ponch ®

Here's my latest find: A Matsumoku Aria Pro II CS250 guitar. You old experienced guys probably know about this company. They made knockoffs of Les Pauls and Strats in the 70's, which in some instances were better than what those companies were making at the time. They also came up with their own designs.  

I saw one of these at a ghetto swapmeet about 2 years ago...I looked at it, and took down the name. I had no clue what it was, but did look kinda cool. Didn't think of googling it on my phone while I was there and walked away. I eventually did look it up and almost kicked myself. I went back the next week and the week after that and never saw it.

I scoured eBay and craigslist every now and then looking for one, either they were too far or too expensive. Last week I was bored at school and started craigslisting again. Sure enough, this one popped up...at a pawn shop about 2 miles from my apartment! Finally drove over yesterday to check it out. It was dirty and had some weird build up around the pickups and whatnot. Their asking price was $200...I negotiated it down to $150. Cant seem to find out much about it based on the serial no (apparently there are a lot inconsistencies with the numbering system), but I do know that this particular model was built in 81-83.

Took it home, cleaned it up, and put new strings on it. Plugged it in, and went to town. Has some pretty cool switches that split the pick ups and also that puts them out of phase. Never had a guitar w those features, so I gotta play with it some more to figure out how they work.  Super pleased with it so far!

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Dino

Those Les Paul "lawsuit" guitars are pretty damn nice!  I played a few over the years and they were for the most part solid guitars.  I was looking for one of those when I came across some articles about how Fender pulled the Korean made Squier ProTones off te market for being too well made.  I just had to have one of course.   :icon_smile_big:  Sadly it'll now have to go, I need moolah for the Charger.

That SG body is real nice, any idea on wat type of wood it is?  I used some of that fancy switching on my old Gretsch and on my homemade Tele.  I can't say I had a whole lot of use for the extra sounds but it was fun to play around and when wiring a guitar it makes sense to just do it.   :yesnod:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Ponch ®

The one website I found w info about these guitars says that its Ash w a maple neck.
http://www.matsumoku.org/models/ariaproii/cs/cs-250.html

Dino

Nice!  An Ash guitar is pretty rare these days. 
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Ponch ®

Been goofing around with it today. Felt a little strange (my hands felt small)...did some more research...its a long scale guitar! I put it side to side w my LP and the 5th fret is about 1/4 to 1/2 inch higher! I reckon itll be good exercise for my hands/fingers!

birdsandbees

The guitar I learned to play on and the only one I still have. My mother bought it when she was 16 years old from Sears, in 1943. Shot included of her when she was 16 or 17 living in Peterboro and working as a maid (amongst the collage of her when young)
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

red72chrgr

I don't have a pic yet but I just started learning how to play, at age 58. I bought a Yamaha F335 acoustic and a case for now. Plan on buying more things as I can(lighter strings,electronic tuner,strap,etc.). Soon as I can I will get a pic.
Nothing personal, just business

Ponch ®

Quote from: red72chrgr on November 22, 2015, 01:18:09 PM
I don't have a pic yet but I just started learning how to play, at age 58. I bought a Yamaha F335 acoustic and a case for now. Plan on buying more things as I can(lighter strings,electronic tuner,strap,etc.). Soon as I can I will get a pic.

Better late than never! You'll get tons of satisfaction when you learn to play that ONE song you've always loved.

if you have a smart phone, just download a tuning app. I like gStrings.

Brock Lee

Unfortunately, I can't fit them all in one photo.

I really love guitars with some sort of interesting history. A few examples.

I have a Leo Fender made guitar code named "P2", which was a prototype for what became the Music Man Sabre guitar. The shape didn't make it to stage 3, but later was sort of recycled in the G&L years.

I have the prototype Jackson Soloist, made along side Randy Rhoad's second V in the fall of 1981. Years before the Jackson brand was launched.

There is an experimental neck through Charvel from early 1982 which was the first phase of what ended up becoming the Jackson Kelly. It is still very much an Explorer with some trimming to reduce size.

A 1978 Charvel made within weeks of Eddie Van Halen's black and yellow striped guitar. It is very similar, but features white and red stripes.

A 1978 Charvel Star made in a batch of 4. One went to Eddie Van Halen, one to George Lynch. The shape looks similar to the usual Stars, until you lay them on top. The originals were modified Explorers done by hand. Once it became a "model", they made a Star template and cut them out in the star shape from the beginning.

On top of those I have about 15 1978-1982 Charvel guitars, two same period Charvel basses. A 1969 maple cap Fender Strat, a 1956 Fender Strat, a 1974 Pedulla-Orsini guitar, and who knows what i am forgetting that is tucked away in cases.

red72chrgr

Quote from: Ponch ® on November 22, 2015, 08:04:51 PM
Quote from: red72chrgr on November 22, 2015, 01:18:09 PM

Better late than never! You'll get tons of satisfaction when you learn to play that ONE song you've always loved.

if you have a smart phone, just download a tuning app. I like gStrings.
Thanks Ponch, I downloaded the app and it made my guitar sound better. Real easy to use too.
Nothing personal, just business

Musicman

My latest... an Eastwood knockoff of the Guyatone LG-50 Feather.
Strange... It's one of the tiniest guitars I own yet the tone variations with this guitar are incredible... from bright & poppy to really, really, deep & dark. A very cool guitar  :cheers:
Steve Howe used one of these on the YES album.

Musicman

Found a little video of a guy playing that little guitar I posted up earlier... pretty cool  :2thumbs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e73bDHZqT7Y

maxwellwedge

Quote from: birdsandbees on November 21, 2015, 05:35:01 PM
The guitar I learned to play on and the only one I still have. My mother bought it when she was 16 years old from Sears, in 1943. Shot included of her when she was 16 or 17 living in Peterboro and working as a maid (amongst the collage of her when young)

That.....is awesome  :2thumbs:

birdsandbees

Quote from: maxwellwedge on December 04, 2015, 01:06:26 PM
Quote from: birdsandbees on November 21, 2015, 05:35:01 PM

That.....is awesome  :2thumbs:

Thanks!
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487