News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Front Seat Upholstery

Started by RDR-838, January 02, 2008, 11:25:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RDR-838

This RR was sold recently on ebay, and what impressed me about it was the RR emblem embroiderd into the headrests. Has anyone seen this type of work before or know where I might have it done?
Thanks.

Ghoste

I would try some of the custom upholstery shops.  If there are none locally, your next best bet might be to try one of those places that does custom jacket embroidery for sports teams and so forth.

hemihead

Are you sure those aren't just decals ?
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

Mike DC

I think I would start by getting a set of normal legendary seatcovers, and then see about getting some local place to install those emblems.  (Are the emblems a produced item that was sourced from somewhere?)

71_Charger_R/T

Quote from: RDR-838 on January 02, 2008, 11:25:12 AM
Has anyone seen this type of work before or know where I might have it done?
Thanks.

If you have a set of seat covers off and want to ship them to Minnesota, My brother has an embroidery machine. He can digitize just about anything you want to be put on them. Here are some examples of some embroideries he did for me.

71_Charger_R/T

Some more

71_Charger_R/T

I can only get it to load one at a time.

Ghoste

Wow!  That second one is amazing!

71_Charger_R/T

Mind you these are not "canned art" He does all his own Digitizing, And he's GOOD if I might say so myself

Charger-Bodie

Very Very Nice!!!!!!!!  :2thumbs:  :coolgleamA:  :2thumbs:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

71_Charger_R/T

Quote from: Ghoste on January 04, 2008, 10:13:56 PM
Wow!  That second one is amazing!
Thanks Ghost

71_Charger_R/T

Quote from: 1hot68 on January 04, 2008, 10:21:20 PM
Very Very Nice!!!!!!!!  :2thumbs:  :coolgleamA:  :2thumbs:
Thanks to you too 1hot

Ghoste

That one of your car is a pretty fine work of art as well.  I've had some custom work done by a local shop and although I'm satisfied with it, I can easily say that your brother far exceeds what I can get here.  He's very good.

71_Charger_R/T

Quote from: Ghoste on January 04, 2008, 10:27:47 PM
That one of your car is a pretty fine work of art as well.  I've had some custom work done by a local shop and although I'm satisfied with it, I can easily say that your brother far exceeds what I can get here.  He's very good.
Thanks, I think he's pretty talented too. If you ever want a custom T-shirt or jacket or whatever give me a PM  with a pic and we can see what he can do. Not to volunteer his services but he enjoys doing it and doesn't charge as much as he should.

RDR-838

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: 71_Charger_R/T on January 04, 2008, 10:20:25 PM
Mind you these are not "canned art" He does all his own Digitizing, And he's GOOD if I might say so myself

this pic on white background made me think on make that on my seats!!!

( just charger and arrow )

just that dunno if vinyl will support that without broke... maybe if inserts are cloth will be another story!
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Nacho-RT74

Now that I think on that... why doesn't he make seat protection covers on cloth to keep safe the seats from regular stress ? with Charger and Arrow on it ? or even Cudas, Challengers, GTX, RR, Satellites ?

I could make it but there is not market down here, and I bet nobody will pay shipping to get it up there!!!
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

oldcarnut

Nice work, is he still doing this or if not are there any others that do it??  I'm wondering what it would cost to have the Superbird logo about 5" dia put on some vinyl before I have the headrests covered with it.  I ordered some extra material from Legendary with my seat covers to do it on a non stock rest
Quote from: 71_Charger_R/T on January 04, 2008, 10:03:32 PM
Quote from: RDR-838 on January 02, 2008, 11:25:12 AM
Has anyone seen this type of work before or know where I might have it done?
Thanks.

If you have a set of seat covers off and want to ship them to Minnesota, My brother has an embroidery machine. He can digitize just about anything you want to be put on them. Here are some examples of some embroideries he did for me.

71_Charger_R/T